Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: EXPEDITION LEADER IS A FISH  (Read 2828 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: EXPEDITION LEADER IS A FISH
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 04:22:21 pm »

I must say that this would be one of the most entertaining things to ever have happen. Imagine trying to save the dolt from goblins, you'd have to use dfhack to seal the river/all the water exits, then floor over the river.

On another note, you didn't have any other nobles on your screen anyway, probably because it's a fish and thus can't appoint anyone. Thus, you'd have failed whether you prevented him from escaping or not, and also may not have been able to speak with your liaison/other diplomats (definitely couldn't trade.)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

buzz killington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 04:45:40 pm »

I must say that this would be one of the most entertaining things to ever have happen. Imagine trying to save the dolt from goblins, you'd have to use dfhack to seal the river/all the water exits, then floor over the river.

On another note, you didn't have any other nobles on your screen anyway, probably because it's a fish and thus can't appoint anyone. Thus, you'd have failed whether you prevented him from escaping or not, and also may not have been able to speak with your liaison/other diplomats (definitely couldn't trade.)

But now we'll never know...

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 04:56:29 pm »

Thus, you'd have failed whether you prevented him from escaping or not, and also may not have been able to speak with your liaison/other diplomats (definitely couldn't trade.)

Urist McHaggler, Liason cancels meet with Expedition Leader: Drowning x 300.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010, 04:59:42 pm »

Well, I do remember somebody trying to make Carp Fortress...
Congratulations, with one mess of bugs, you overwhelmed three months of that guy's hard work and then finished the job by changing it to a Longnose Gar. Seven dwarves out of ten agree, more magma is required.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Brandon816

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 05:28:01 pm »

That would've been cool if it didn't wander off the map. You would've had a noble that would never remember its mandates and demands, due to its terrible short term memory. On the other hand, you could just wind up mistakingly catching, processing, and eating it.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 05:57:15 pm »

I love this game. There is nothing else to say.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 07:00:06 pm »

No worries. It wasn;t exactly an important piece of information, but I like to be able to say 'him' or 'her' rather than the gender neutral words, because they always see impersonal to me.

anywho, back to immibis, was your subsequent reclaim functional? any misplaced entity members?
MY subsequent reclaim had no problems that I noticed. I'm not sure what you mean by "misplaced entity members".

The part i'm curious about is that if this longnose gar is being registered as a member of your fortress, doesn't that mean that it should stay instead of migrating off the map?
The game didn't seem to think this longnose gar had anything to do with my fortress, except for being its expedition leader.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!
Pages: 1 [2]