Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I stole vermin from the Elves  (Read 4465 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: I stole vermin from the Elves
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2010, 09:52:16 am »

My cats are shelled aquatics, so that isn't much of an option for me.

Ahhh, Catfish.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2010, 10:44:04 am »

For me, I find the elves bring a breathtaking amount of items.  I cannot imagine wanting to buy so many rope reed gauntlets, having never purchased any of their flimsy armor to begin with.

I can spend $10k on booze from a single visit, they bring so much.

Now, one thing I have found, is that when I particularly single out the expensive items, frequently they will bring more.  They meaning whichever carvan group.  So, i was buying some expensive cages for my zoo ($500+) from the dwarfs, and the next year they brought some $3000 - $5000 cages.  Very nice for the throne room.  Items like weapons and whatnot are the same, but of course you can't pick the material type for any of it.  So they will come with plain steel armor and heavily ornate and high quality copper weapons and armor. 

But, it can be a good way to get high quality weapons you wouldn't normally assign, and put them in traps.

igless

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2010, 11:06:32 am »

My cats are shelled aquatics, so that isn't much of an option for me.

Ahhh, Catfish.
Could be worse. Could be Catcarp.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 2 [3]