Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: God's Clusterforum Game - Dead!  (Read 5837 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: God's Clusterforum Game
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2010, 09:04:10 pm »

I think it's Tier 0, since it's presumably of less value than 1 human. So, just 1 favor.

Oh, you mean since there are two objects? Well, I guess a bow and a quiver could count as one Tier 0 object.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2010, 09:33:37 pm »

Shall I scrap my character or not?
As I said previously, I may have written something when I was not sure how this game works.
Tough I think I know now and what I have written dosn't seem to fit into this game.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2010, 01:36:56 am »

This looks interesting, I'll be keeping an eye on it. Might join if a slot opens at some point.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2010, 02:14:33 pm »

So I'm seeing great potential for abuse in the ninth rule for advisors. They could for example make a action as the following one, note that I'm not actually doing this.

No advisors may ever act in anyway that is in conflict with the interests of the Advisor Demonic Spoon.

My actions:

Grant 1 favour to mission0 for being awesome. Bless the staff in some way if possible.

Suggested Law:

All advisors may only act against each other through the players (if this isn't true already).

Question:

If we create a object, can it be intelligent without being alive? Saw the alive object part of the rule, nevermind about that. Could we, the advisors, control a alive or intelligent and alive object that we have created or is it independent?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 02:20:39 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2010, 02:20:04 pm »

I propose a law:

Any adviser may block a "rule 9" law for 10 favor. Multiple advisers may pool favor for the sole use of countering a "rule 9" law, so long as the total favor pooled equals 10.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2010, 02:22:26 pm »

I suggest a revisement of the previously stated law to increase the favour cost to 20. Otherwise it'd be pointless to ever try to make use of rule nine. It must cost more to block the rule than to make it. And I do not support it, horribly broken rules are awesome.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2010, 02:27:16 pm »

It wouldn't be pointless. You might, for example, make a rule 9 saying, "All advisors get 5 favor each turn, not 3", or "no Advisor can directly destroy life", or "All laws must have a multiple of 32 syllables".... a multitude of laws are possible. The only laws that would be blocked would be ones where you say something like "Demonic Spoon cannot post ever again", that is directly against the interests of a different advisor. And even that, you can slip through, provided that you wait deviously until Demonic Spoon has spent his favor on something and has only 6 left or whatnot.

Besides:
* Tylui is God.
* What God says, goes.
If you try to break the game, Tylui will strike you down.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2010, 02:47:19 pm »

Mmm, good points. I still think that for the suggested law the cost to block a law must be increased.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2010, 02:50:32 pm »

I revise a proposed law:

Any adviser may block a "rule 9 law" for 20 favor. Multiple advisers may pool favor for the sole use of countering a "rule 9 law," so long as the total favor pooled equals 20.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2010, 02:54:34 pm »

Seconded.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2010, 02:54:42 pm »

If you make a high cost to block, you'll get a lot of rules in that way. If you make a low cost to block, a lot of rules will be blocked, and relatively few will get through. I think low cost to block is better, because I don't want a bunch of rules being passed without being voted on; advisors will be able to have a bunch more freedom, and do what they want. I would rather advisors have a democratic government, and do what is good for all advisors and the game.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2010, 02:56:46 pm »

But if the other two advisors are able to pool their favour  then they should be able to block the proposals most of the time no? Anyway it is rather expensive to make such a law and I doubt we'll be getting such a nice favour bonus again anytime soon.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2010, 03:16:35 pm »

It can be blocked, but it's more difficult and costly. Under the original system, only beneficial laws could go through; under the 15-favor amendment, totally antagonistic laws ("everyone dies except me") could go through. Under 10 favor to block, only fairly beneficial laws can go through, which I support. However, under 20 favor to block, even kind-of beneficial laws can slip through ("everyone gets 1 favor, I get 20 favor"), because it costs so much to repeal a law that unless it harms both the other advisors, and harms them badly enough to make them give up 10 favor, or harms one person 20 favor's worth, it will pass.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2010, 06:35:14 pm »

I also support making a veto cost less, and there for vote No to that. I will vote yea to it if it drops to ten favor.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2010, 03:14:18 am »

Guys?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7