Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: God's Clusterforum Game - Dead!  (Read 5839 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God's Clusterforum Game
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2010, 09:06:01 pm »

Tempting, but no, I'll hold onto my point for now.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2010, 09:08:27 pm »

Ok.. I'll take a shot at this then..

The sun was bright and was burning in his eyes.
The air was fresh and nothing like he have experienced for some time.
The green wet grass was almost like a piece of heaven under his feet.
He just stood there almost paralyzed in the open, staring at the blue sky.
His skin was nearly white due to lack of sunlight.
An ancient tomb in ruins lies just a few feet behind him, recently opened by his own hands.
His hair and beard have grown alot since he last remembered.
Then it dawned on him, WHERE is he? WHEN did I get in the tomb? WHO was he?
He had alot of questions going through his head, but all he could do was staring at the vast blue sky.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2010, 12:22:01 pm »

Turn 1: Let's get it started HOT

Player Actions:

qwertyuiopas

>Create, possibly with the help of local intelligent beings, a giant steampunk city-helicopter-airship. No silly huge container of light gas to keep it afloat, this thing will be 90% spinning sharpened metal blades, maybe with magma!
>With that as the eventual goal, start a mine, and dig for metal.

qwertyuiopas begins digging at the earth with his bare hands, searching for metal ore, with which to build a massive airship. He finds a vein of ore! But alas, is not able to do much with it, due his barehandedness. He also finds a small green box with a small lock on the front. It looks rather impossible to open, and despite a few taps to the metal vein, impossible to break open as well.

Cheddarius

>Head towards the mountain

You valiantly head towards the mountain in an attempt to please the powers! What shall you name this mountain?

Diablous

>I head to the lava crack thing to investigate it

You begin to head South, towards the Lavacrackthing. As you approach it, night falls, but your way remains illuminated in a very deep orange glow from straight ahead. You approach the rim of the crevice, and decide it needs a name. What shall you call it?

mission0

>I'll run into the forest and punch a tree... like a boss!

Being quite excited at being alive, or maybe at such a beautiful day, heck maybe you were just pissed off at a tree, you decide to run into the forest. Gaining momentum on the way, your body begins to glow an awesome purpley color, and you Warlock Punch the nearest tree, smashing it to bits, and the largest chuck of it clear across the forest! What shall you name this forest? Since you OWND it. LULZ GET IT?!

Ultimuh

>All I can do is stare at the vast blue sky

And so you do! But as the minutes become hours, you begin pondering a great deal of questions about the planet and the particular continent you inhabit now. Why is there no name for this place? Name the planet, and the continent!

Advisor Actions & Proposals:

Nirur Torir

"I propose that all players be the head of a ten person tribe (Including them, so they would have nine followers), but they must provide a feasible explanation for being the head of the tribe. 'Head' should be defined by each individual player, where 'head' would be something such as 'chieftain' or 'shaman.'"

Comment: I'm about to add rules that allow Advisor's to add creatures/NPCs, but if this passes, I'll create the NPCs so none of your favor has to be used up. ;)

1 Favor to Cheddarius
1 Favor to mission 0

Criptfeind

1 Favor to Cheddarius
1 Favor to Diablous

Divine Intervention:

New Rule: Advisors may create a Tier 0 object in the world at the price of 1 Favor
New Rule: Advisors may give the breath of life to a Tier 0 object at the price of 2 Favor
New Rule: Advisors may give the gift of intelligence to a Tier 0 living object at the price of 3 Favor
New Rule: For the previous 3 rules, the price triples for every size tier: Tier 0 = 0~1 humans, Tier 1 = 1~2 humans, etc
New Rule: Advisors may make a Law without the need for voting at the price of 15 Favor

10 Favor to all Players
30 Favor to all Advisors

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 12:37:57 pm by Tylui »

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2010, 01:03:35 pm »

Mission after feeling quite pleased with himself looks upon the forest around him appreciating the beauty and serenity of it. That's a nice word, "Serenity"... "That's it," he exclaims aloud, "from now on this will be Serenity forest!" He nods to himself, congratulating himself on a job well done... even if he didn't do much.

And after having named the forest Mission searches through the remains of the tree and the surrounding forest for the perfect walking stick, has to be fairly straight so it could be held comfortably but also strong enough to hold him up if he were to trip. After securing such an object he looks down upon the staff in awe of its pure beauty. He kneels down and says a quick prayer over the staff in hopes a god will here him and bless his staff. Then with such done Mission wanders deeper into the forest in search of something interesting, glancing this way and that way in hopes of seeing a rabbit or other such creature. All the while he proclaims, "Who goes there? I go here! My name is Mission and I am here and there!"

*Note I'm not using any points on the staff just opening a door for an advisor or god to do something, whether it helps me or not. ^_^*
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 02:18:00 pm by mission0 »
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2010, 01:18:10 pm »

I am finaly beginning to understand what this is about, I should have posted something different..
But I realized that just now when I read Tylui's latest post..
I wonder if I should scrap what I posted and create something new, or of I should make the best I can out of what I did write?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 01:32:10 pm by Ultimuh »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2010, 02:00:04 pm »

I vote "yea" on my proposal.

I will gift a minor boon to the one first one who sacrifices a rabbit in my name.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2010, 02:12:57 pm »

I vote yea as well.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2010, 02:37:19 pm »

Diablous stared in awe at the crevice. The great orange glow was like a torch, lighting the way for him. He decided quickly that it needed a name. He sat in thought. What to name it? Suddenly, it came to him. "Islas." It was the word for torch, used many centuries ago, by the ancestors of his people. He then began to look for something to engrave the new name of this place in.

I name it "Islas" and engrave the name into something.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2010, 03:37:03 pm »

I can't write such detailed narratives as the others, or at least I am too lazy to bother trying...

>Make a tool that will shatter rock and break or into chunks, and can be re-used without damage. Ideally, a dwarven pick.
Eh?
Eh!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2010, 07:29:31 pm »

I don't get how Qwerty did the most ridiculously impossible thing of us all, but succeeded the most. I mean, what? How exactly do you mine for ore with your bare hands? You would wear your arms to bloody stumps after a fraction of an inch of bare rock, assuming you were still alive by then.

Cheddarius, tired from his long journey, rested. Seeing the mighty mountain in the distance, he decided to give it a name. He couldn't think of any good ones... but while hiking, inspiration struck. He shouted, "Eureka! Yes, I will name this mountain Mount Nirur! Satisfied, he then headed to the mountain and hunted for an eagle egg on the top of the mountain.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2010, 07:32:25 pm »

First, I didn't specify bare hands(I hoped for either a tool or abstraction...), second, the result didn't specify rock, only "earth", and that can easily be simple dirt.
Eh?
Eh!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2010, 07:39:55 pm »

Still, there's no way you found an alluvial vein with only your bare hands. Heck, you could easily dig out immense quantities of dirt with industrial mining vehicles and get nothing.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2010, 08:05:54 pm »

A sudden breeze near Cheddarius whistles through the grass. It almost sounds like the wind whispered "A minor gift. Ask, and you might receive."

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2010, 08:21:55 pm »

Glorious God, I kneel before thy grace, and plead humbly for aid! I pray to you in your benevolence, which shines upon us all like the warm rays of the sun! Mighty God, grant me a bow!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2010, 08:39:59 pm »

I create a shiny compound bow in Cheddarius' hand. On the ground by his feet, a quiver filled with fine arrows.

It costs 2 favor, right?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7