Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Realmsbolted Succession Game (Version 0.31.03)  (Read 5983 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Succession Game (Version 0.31.03)
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2010, 02:08:26 pm »

... And we are officially through the aquifer.  I'll post a screenshot for all those of you who weren't sure how to do it.

Note that I dug the stairwell down into the lower level before turing on the pumps, they can dig a square of stairs into an aquifer, although it fills up with water immediately after.  You then channel off the area where you are going to build the walls, and the output squares for the pumps so that they can drain their water.

Build all the pumps you'll need, but shuffle dwarves around on them as walls are built.  When you've walled off the blank space all the way around the stairs, no more water will be generated, although you'll still see some water on the stairs that is left over.  Dig down a few levels and dig out a room to drain it to 1/7.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2010, 05:48:25 pm »

Is that a no, I can't get a turn?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Zaius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2010, 07:52:54 pm »

There is a list on the first post, we're both in, but now we have to be patient  :P

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2010, 11:09:55 pm »

Gah! When'd that get there? :ninja:

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2010, 03:20:36 pm »

Ah, brewer once more. cool cool.

pieisgoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Realmsbolted Succession Game (Version 0.31.03)
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2010, 06:14:15 pm »

I just changed the topic name to the fortress's name

TatersAndTots

• Bay Watcher
  • Doo dee doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2010, 12:59:41 pm »

Fuck yea aquifier down! I doubt that I'll get to work on desalination 6 years into the fort, so Im thinking giant lava-spewing skull...
Aren't Rhesus Macaques actually whales?
They're actually a special ore. Instead of being mined, they're hunted from between the trees and instead of producing metal, they produce food: rhesus pieces.

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2010, 06:49:43 pm »

huzzah!

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2010, 08:23:30 pm »

Okay, so that was a little later than I'd intended, but here is the save after my year (end of spring).

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2490

I have made some trades with the elven caravan that is in the depot, but more goods are still being hauled and there may be more trading to do.  There are also a lot of seed planting in the list as only a month ago did I set up the underground farming.  There should be a lot of underground food to be had eventually.

I've laid the groundwork for a desalination plant and a well associated with it (well off the bottom corner of the dining room).  But I haven't actually built anything of it yet.

A wave of immigrants arrived about a month ago, so whoever is next will need to reevaluate and reassign labors to most of the dwarves.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 02:12:29 am by UmbrageOfSnow »

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2010, 02:35:49 am »

My Accomplishments during the first year of RealmsBolted.  Pictures in spoilers.

1. Deramped and walled off sections of land around the gate for future building of defenses.  Added a lever to the bridge entrance.  Installed some cage traps for the monkeys.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2. Moved the workshops from the courtyard to an underground workshop floor.

3. Breached the aquifer, see earlier post.

4. Set up individual bedrooms (in two layers) for all dwarves before this most recent wave.  Should be easily expandable. But there are a ton of rooms built without beds yet installed, so most recent wave will be easy to accommodate.

5. Set up an office complex.

6. Set up dining room and food related workshops.

7. Established large enough underground farming and irrigation for well into the future.

8. Dug out space to drain water into a reservoir, build a pump, pump it into an area large enough to wall off and floor and a drain from here into a sub reservoir to feed a well that has been channeled down from the dining room area.  But I haven't built any of that, just dug out the area.

Anyway I've tried to build with plenty of room for expansion so that  any given floor can be expanded to accommodate any number of dwarves.  Best of luck Pentigan!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 03:02:58 am by UmbrageOfSnow »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2010, 07:18:18 am »

Nifty.  :D

Pentigan

• Escaped Lunatic
  • *Pulls lever*
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2010, 06:50:59 pm »

Okay, downloading now, what should be done this year?

I'm thinking of starting to dig down to the layer above the magma for future updates and building a place to put the original dwarves coffins.
Working on my first fortress. (Noob modded)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2010, 07:16:00 pm »

Digging to the magma is good.  As I mentioned, you'll want to look at the assigned labors of the dwarfs because a bunch of them are recent migrants and I didn't assign them anything different yet besides some odd jobs to keep them busy in the last month.

The workshops could probably use some optimizing with custom stockpiles on the floor above them where all the stairs go.

There isn't a particularly large area assigned for tree cutting, so you might want to designate more lumber.

The water desalination required for a well is mostly laid out.  If you wanted to tackle that it is certainly doable in the next year, but it can also wait.

Our defenses are pretty perfunctory at the moment.  The fortress can be sealed up, and there is some outside land walled off, but not all that much.  It might be a worthy project to wall off a larger area of the surface, or control the approach to the bridge, or build a killing zone between the bridge and the depot where seigers could be let in.  No idea how the defenses should be laid out in particular, just pointing out that currently they amount to the ability to seal ourselves off from the outside world. 

And I didn't have time to wall off all around the layer above the courtyard, so arrows could still be fired down inside, that might be worth taking care of.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2010, 12:15:20 pm »

It's been a week, and Pentigan hasn't logged on in 6 days.  He's made 3 total posts, all in this thread.  Admittedly spread out with a lot of days in between.  How many days do you think we should wait?

Any thoughts lishain?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 12:17:16 pm by UmbrageOfSnow »

lishain

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Invader
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2010, 08:58:12 am »

Sorry for the late reply.I think if other players would agree we could skip Pentigan's turn.
Такие дела.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5