Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Salsa (now with intense pain)  (Read 3792 times)

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
Salsa (now with intense pain)
« on: May 24, 2010, 06:41:02 pm »

Okay, I got bored and made some homemade salsa today. Problem is, I might have made things a tad to spicy. I used 3 serrano peppers, 6 thai peppers, a fresno pepper, and 2 jalapeno's. Did I go too far with the salsa? My hands are still buring from the acid in the thai peppers (how do I get it to stop?). Opinions?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 08:53:15 pm by moghopper »

Vahan

Re: Salsa
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 06:46:32 pm »

Who cares? If you like it spicy, eat it.

Pour milk on them, is my suggestion

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 06:48:41 pm »

Who cares? If you like it spicy, eat it.

Pour milk on them, is my suggestion

Its not just for me, its for a bunch of people. I'll bring lots of milk I guess. Hope they don't kill me afterwards :P

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 07:19:41 pm »

"Dilute" the salsa with the other, non-spicy ingredients such as the fruit (probably tomatoes I guess). You have a great opportunity here: divide the salsa into three large bowls, a green one, yellow, and red. Then mix a lot of the dilute stuff into the green, less into yellow, and 4:1 in the red. That way you have mild, spicy, and super spicy. Save a small bowl of the "special stuff" that you can spring on people who come to your party and want to boast about how they have never eaten a salsa that's too spicy.

Or better yet, if they come over and complain that your salsa is too weak!

Of course, your friend may be unable to talk for several months after this. But it's worth it to silence a blowhard.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 08:24:08 pm »

Pure Capsaicin is 16,000,000 Scovilles.
Pepper Spray is 5,000,000 Scovilles.
The Bhut Jolokia Pepper gives 1,000,000 Scovilles each.

I think you know what to do from here.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 08:36:36 pm »

Things took a rather bad turn... suffice to say im' in a fair amount of pain right now.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 08:38:38 pm »

Things took a rather bad turn... suffice to say im' in a fair amount of pain right now.
Do tell! :D

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 08:39:43 pm »

Perhaps this article will help you forget the pain: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/jeremy_clarkson/article6860067.ece

Wait, no it won't. I guess your only option now is to chug hard liquor untill it stops burning.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 08:43:03 pm »

Do tell! :D

You won't like what you hear...

So I was mixing up another batch of this stuff, and as I open the cubard to get another bowl some dishes fall out and knock the bowl over onto my pants. Now, since it's around 34 degrees where I am, I'm wearing some loose pants. This results in a fair amount of this mixture of thai chilis and serranos going DOWN MY PANTS!

Get the picture?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 08:47:34 pm »

So let me get this straight...
1: You decided to make salsa
2: You found out the first batch of salsa was so incredibly hot the acid in it started burning your hand
3: YOU DECIDED TO MAKE A SECOND BATCH OF IT?  :o

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 08:47:55 pm »

So I was mixing up another batch of this stuff, and as I open the cubard to get another bowl some dishes fall out and knock the bowl over onto my pants. Now, since it's around 34 degrees where I am, I'm wearing some loose pants. This results in a fair amount of this mixture of thai chilis and serranos going DOWN MY PANTS!

Get the picture?

Gah! You really should be more careful when dealing with high-level spices. That pain ain't going away.
No Gods, No Masters.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 08:51:50 pm »

So let me get this straight...
1: You decided to make salsa
2: You found out the first batch of salsa was so incredibly hot the acid in it started burning your hand
3: YOU DECIDED TO MAKE A SECOND BATCH OF IT?  :o

I needed more for the get together.

Mishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 08:54:24 pm »

"Dilute" the salsa with the other, non-spicy ingredients such as the fruit (probably tomatoes I guess). You have a great opportunity here:
picy ingredients such as the fruit (probably tomatoes I guess). You hav
edients such as the fruit (probably tomatoes I gues
h as the fruit (probably tomatoes
fruit (probably tomatoes

Wat.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 08:57:55 pm »

Get the picture?

Gah! You really should be more careful when dealing with high-level spices. That pain ain't going away.
What temperature scale we talkin here?

Edit: fixified.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 09:10:33 pm by RedWarrior0 »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Salsa (now with intense pain)
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 09:08:06 pm »

It seems you are finally figuring out that the reason peppers evolved uber-spiciness was to avoid being eaten by mammals.
Pages: [1] 2 3