Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [CRM] Community Random Mod [0.0] - a forum modding game  (Read 2870 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [CRM] Community Random Mod [0.0] - a forum modding game
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2010, 11:48:25 am »

Do you mean plant creatures?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lord Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2010, 11:51:26 am »

Dragon colors... Do you mean only colors, or should their scales be really made out of some metals?

I meant that they would be different depending on colours - red breathes fire, green perhaps poison gas etc. and the metallic dragons could breathe their respective metals, and yeah, it can't hurt for their scales to be made of metals - only problem is though, that then what happens is that if say, a bronze dragon, breathes molten bronze, it will end up getting it on its bronze scales... and melting through them!

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2010, 12:14:59 pm »

If thats what it takes, I would like it if they were immobile, be cool to train them and "Plant" them outside your base.

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2010, 12:21:11 pm »

Dragon colors... Do you mean only colors, or should their scales be really made out of some metals?

I meant that they would be different depending on colours - red breathes fire, green perhaps poison gas etc. and the metallic dragons could breathe their respective metals, and yeah, it can't hurt for their scales to be made of metals - only problem is though, that then what happens is that if say, a bronze dragon, breathes molten bronze, it will end up getting it on its bronze scales... and melting through them!
That is not even close to being a bad thing.

FACM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2010, 12:41:57 pm »

I did something like this in my [discontinued] Fantasy Flavor mod. Note that one refers to a metal in the mod, so you'll have to edit that one if you want to cut/paste them in.

EDIT: Oh, a suggestion: An above-ground race that has a web attack. It'd be nice if it could be called rope or net instead of web, but otherwise silk would be fine. They'd just have to be silkworm or butterfly-people.

Hell, butterfly people might be cool enough on their own.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 12:49:50 pm by FACM »

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2010, 12:50:43 pm »

I want malnutrition to cause teeth to fall out. Only fix, making dentures. Ruby dentures would be awesome.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2010, 01:04:32 pm »

If thats what it takes, I would like it if they were immobile, be cool to train them and "Plant" them outside your base.

Unfortunately, the immobile tag only works if the creature is actually in the process of "drowning" to death because it's on land (it was meant for fish).  Maybe Deon can find another way to make it work, though.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2010, 01:22:45 pm »

could you just not give them legs?

EDIT: Also, how about a pet that can mine for you? like a beaver... but with rock. Also, how about beavers that could gather wood for you, off map possibly?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 01:25:01 pm by JusticeRings »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2010, 01:23:09 pm »

I can but they will crawl around.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2010, 01:25:22 pm »

Unfortunately, the immobile tag only works if the creature is actually in the process of "drowning" to death because it's on land (it was meant for fish).  Maybe Deon can find another way to make it work, though.

Speed:100000000000 although they won't exactly be fighting fit that way.

could you just not give them legs?

Nah. In DF, a complete lack of limbs is no obstacle to an active lifestyle. Cave Blobs get along fine without them

Urdin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2010, 04:04:34 pm »

Tame-able, trainable, embark available pseudo-dragons. Still capable of breathing fire, just much, much smaller than a full-grown dragon. And much more common.
Perhaps different varieties, like the plant things. Red pseudo-dragons breath fire, green ones secrete poison/have poisonous blood (Poisons still confuse the hell out of me), white ones spit web and can fly.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2010, 04:17:22 pm »

A new gem called a Pure Aquamarine that rarely shows up in microcline (1-5% perhaps). It counts as an Aquifer source and is very expensive.

Mostly because it's an idea that's been kicking around in my head by I don't know how well (or if) it'll work.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2010, 06:27:27 pm »

I like the pure aquamarine as a aquifer, Water flow on it would be a concern, would suck to mine it out and have the fort instantly flood. Is it possible to have a "Heart of Volcano" sorta gem that when placed in a pit would fill it with magma? that would be cool.

Also a second caste of dwarfs that are only suitable for military would be nice.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 01:39:44 am by JusticeRings »

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2010, 04:46:35 pm »

How about a new race or type of zombies called wights: Extra hard to kill, extra dangerous, but can't survive at room temperature and reduce the temperature around themselves.  They siege in winter.

Ideally they wouldn't be able to survive walking down a hallway with magma-warmed stones for a floor, but could chill the air enough to survive temperate climates.  Is that sort of temperature control even possible?  Not sure if fire breath heats things up or can be inverted.

Catching fire would be preferable to melting I think.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 05:13:31 pm by UmbrageOfSnow »

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2010, 11:11:48 am »

Could you make a plant that grows IN watter?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4