Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Am I Rely the Minority When it comes to sex?  (Read 7438 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Am I Rely the Minority When it comes to sex?
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2010, 05:16:18 am »

I fee exactly the same way as OP.
It's good to not be alone with that point of view...

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2010, 06:14:28 am »

Hi!

10. A majority of the lower forum of B12 are still virgins. Amazingly, mostly through choice.

Granted, when a person says they're a virgin out of choice, they're usually not telling the truth.

Mmmhhhh, I guess we could make an entire thread just about that single sentence as there are many angles from which to argue that it is likely to be true or false.

Personally, I don't consider virginity a badge of honor, just as I don't consider loss of virginity a badge of honor. Therefore, I do not actively want to remain a virgin. I just have not happened to come across a person I want to have sex with (and granted, I have been rather negligent about searching for such a partner (^_^;; ).

In general, I want to point out, though, that as long as you haven't experienced sex, you don't know what it really feels like (at least that is my guess (^_^;; ). Thus, the rule "you don't miss what you don't know" you need to keep in mind. Especially if you strip loss of virginity of the common peer pressure and other outside impulses that influence our perception. In other words, if you don't listen to the common chant, then it is not that unlikely for someone to actually really remain a virgin by choice as sex itself does not have an inherent value until experienced (whether that is a positive or negative value once you know what it is about, I leave open for those in the know to discuss).

Deathworks

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2010, 06:39:17 am »

When people are 15-18 the idolise sex

when people are 18-25 they complain about how crap it is and simultaniously how they arnt getting enough

dont worry once your hormones settle down you will stop giving a dam about whether your a minority or not. When you get to my age people stop using sex to compare their egos and start using this thing called a career. In my view neither seem to work, i dont know anyone who is truely satisfied from either.

I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Vahan

« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2010, 06:41:15 am »

10. A majority of the lower forum of B12 are still virgins. Amazingly, mostly through choice.
Granted, when a person says they're a virgin out of choice, they're usually not telling the truth.

I don't understand why someone wouldn't have sex by choice.

Then again, I firmly fall into the "hedonist" section of these forums.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2010, 06:45:55 am »

I'll agree, mostly due to the fact that this board has told me that apparently I'm a nymphomaniac. But- it's quite understandable that a person would wish to refrain from losing their virginity. I, personally, don't really take much stock in it. Really, the only truly practical reason for even the Idea of a virginity is simply so that a guy knows to be easier on a girl. And most aren't anyway. So while I can see that some would value it more than others, I, personally, don't give a shit. As long as they don't have the clap, and that's what's important.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mfbrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2010, 07:01:06 am »

Code: [Select]
If you think that's what pickup artists are doing, you don't understand what they're doing. The Game is a silly piece of shit, and I don't think I've ever met anyone who both took it seriously and as something to be emulated.

You should live with my old roommate for a few weeks. 

And consider this - men in history who have achieved great and godlike power, did they loyally whimper over one girl like a lapdog, or did they amass vast harems?

Don't they say that like 60% of people in Asia can trace their lineage back to genghis Kahn?

As far as the Game in particular, yeah, those tactics don't work anymore.  Too many people got on the bandwagon and the market adjusted.  Now girls are into sweet funny guys guys like Justin bieber or the dude from Juno

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2010, 07:09:24 am »

As a note, I'd say the debate over abortion is different from sex acceptance--one can be completely fine with extra-marital sex, and support abortion. Or not. It's a different set of arguments, really, based around the personhood of the fetus.
No, it's not. It's more about a pathological "sex should be punished" mentality than "OMG ABROTIN IZ JENOSIDE!!1!!!111!", otherwise it a) wouldn't focus so much on undermining sex ed and outright battling the availability of contraceptives and b) would be much more violent than it already is (after all, if you actually believed abortion was mass murder, not going on killing sprees would make you complicit, like Hitler or something ::)).

While it's true that some have made a leap in logic: What's wrong is unwanted pregnancies; pregnancies come from sex; therefore we should outlaw sex; it's also true that the more sane pro-lifers advocate the use of contraceptives to stop unwanted pregnancies, and make some exceptions in cases of rape, incest, and health issues. This is the same as the more sane pro-choicers wanting to make abortions for those under 18 require a parent's permission. This is an easy mistake to make. You probably have debated some pro-lifers who were fairly young, and made their points about sex rather than abortion, and (using some fairly good logic) extended their arguments to all pro-lifers.

I think it's somewhat odd that you'd advocate a more violent position to the current one pro-lifers take. Do you remember the Civil Rights movement? Which approach worked: Black Power or MLK Jr.'s? Also, if you look at the abortion polls, after violent attacks by pro-lifers, the pro-life opinions drop a marked amount. It's pretty cut-and-dry when you look at it like that--taking a somewhat unpopular position will only work if you make a pleasant nuisance of yourself. So pro-life strategies work to encompass that, rather than ineffectively marginalize themselves and simply rule through fear.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2010, 07:54:54 am »

That's more to make a point that their alleged premise, that abortion is murder, is disingenuous, and serves as a mask for their prevailing sentiment, that sex should have consequences. If they genuinely believed it was murder, then not taking matters into their own hands would make them complicit in that. Instead, you have their leaders condemning violent acts, while also doing everything in their power to cause unwanted pregnancies (fighting sex ed and contraceptive availability tooth and nail). Therefor it can be determined that the issue has little if anything to do with abortion itself, and everything to do with trying to attach as many negatives to sex as possible.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2010, 08:21:15 am »

I seem to vaguely remember having the opinion "Don't know what I'm missing" before I had sex, too. But I wasn't fooling anyone, even myself. I still wanted it. It becomes even more tempting when you're in a relationship with somebody. We can grandstand about how distanced we are from our sexualities all we like, but our societal makeup indicates that 80% of young, male forumites on the internet aren't staying chaste because it goes against their morals and values, so much as they just don't have a girlfriend. There probably are a few youngsters who are avoiding sex for religious reasons, or for sex and love reasons (I was that way before I had sex, and then I lol'd and realized that was sort of silly. Most people don't stay with the first person they sleep with. Am I going to grandstand it over my wife if I only had sex with her and she was like everybody else and had three or four partners beforehand? Anyone who does better be prepared to have sex with a second person they fall madly in love with and marry). Lots of you are actually still in high school, though, so you can probably say better than I can how eager your friends, even the ones you like (for the angsty among you who always complain everybody in your school is stupid), are for sexual activity of any sort.

Most people who claim to be asexual on the internet usually aren't, either.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2010, 09:20:06 am »

Oh how wrong you are, do you realise how easy it is to get sex? It might have something to do with the fact that I'm at Uni but anyone who isn't getting some here it is purely because of choice. Of course the downside to this is the monster that gets unleashed when ugly* people realise how easy it is to get laid.

*Ugly is a harsh word, people who aren't exactly lookers shall we say and previously haven't had sex.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2010, 09:36:22 am »

That's more to make a point that their alleged premise, that abortion is murder, is disingenuous, and serves as a mask for their prevailing sentiment, that sex should have consequences. If they genuinely believed it was murder, then not taking matters into their own hands would make them complicit in that. Instead, you have their leaders condemning violent acts, while also doing everything in their power to cause unwanted pregnancies (fighting sex ed and contraceptive availability tooth and nail). Therefor it can be determined that the issue has little if anything to do with abortion itself, and everything to do with trying to attach as many negatives to sex as possible.

First, I'd really like you to expand your search for pro-life beliefs beyond the Catholic church and staunch Southern Baptists. Not every pro-life advocate wants everyone who has sex outside of the missionary position in wedlock to catch STDs and get pregnant--and a great many in those churches take a more liberal approach.

Second, you honestly believe that one should commit murder to stop legalized abortions if one thinks that they're murder? If this was the system of morality that pro-life people had, then there would be a lot more murders. However, the morality is generally "If it harms another, it is wrong." Furthermore, they say "I will not be violent save when forced to. As long as a peaceful, democratic solution exists, then it should be taken." Since most countries with legal abortion are democratic, the people will attempt to sway political beliefs rather than shoot doctors, and that is generally the more effective strategy. I'm not sure how your "complicit" argument is supposed to hold--they are trying to actively persuade people that this is wrong, and turn away possible abortions. They're doing everything that they can save for actually killing someone, which would work against them in the long run. If that's being complicit, then I'm not sure what you want save doctor-killing sprees.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2010, 11:24:43 am »

Sex, the magical awesome of pure win, decorated with shiny rainbows of badassery and unicorns that all the adults don't want you to have and what all your friends the cool kids are raving about.

What can go wrong?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2010, 11:38:56 am »

I am annoyed by two of my school comrades who are making out with women left and right and every second phrase is "DAMN! I'd hit it" or "I need to hide my dick in some hole RIGHT NOOOW". I guess that are their rampant hormones and that's ok, but I managed to keep them under control, and thus it annoys me. Needless to say, whenever I say something 'bout it, I am mocked as "the guy who'll never get one anyway".
The truth, it hurts. Since I am the biggest loser when it comes to females but oh what.

[/pathetic rant]
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Mfbrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2010, 11:51:05 am »

So I'm a pretty normal guy, have a serious girlfriend, not haunted by any of the doubts or fears a lot of you are, I just kind of do what I want.  I'm not all that into physics or computers or ninjas or kendo or any of that stuff.

That said, I've noticed an alarming trend where "smart" guys - geeks and nerds in particular - have notoriously bad luck with girls.  A lot of them are super conscious of morality, strive to be peaceful and respectful, deeply philosophical, etc - and that doesn't get them anywhere with chicks.

Meanwhile, most of the smart chicks I've met are just like regular and dumb women except they get better grades and maybe are more likely to forgo a higher salary to work at a nonprofit.

Do you think it's safe to say that males are simply deeper, more philosophical, and more intelligent than women?  Are the nerds and geeks evolving past the rest of us without enough females to keep up with them?

Or is this theory just ignorant and misogynistic? 

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2010, 12:03:33 pm »

Or is this theory just ignorant and misogynistic?

Yes.

The problem with nerds and girls from what I've seen is they overthink it.

There's a subnormality about that, where there are four people in the guy's brain arguing about what to do when a girl says hi to the guy.  The nerdy guy keeps going over data trying to decide if she likes him or not, the two jock/prep people tell him to just go for it, and the girl in the bathrobe is just irritable.  Eventually they throw the table over and all leave, and the guy mumbles something incoherent and walks away.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10