Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Am I Rely the Minority When it comes to sex?  (Read 7432 times)

Julianking

Am I Rely the Minority When it comes to sex?
« on: May 24, 2010, 02:35:33 am »

A question I've been dweling over for some time now. I'm sure we al have noticed the growing promiscuity of teenagers and I'm just wondering, why? Why is sex something that is sought out so much after by any means? It seems like average teen just wants to have sex as soon as possible and doesn't matter who it's with.

now I'm not saying everyone is like this, just it seems that a lot of people ar

I've never really been one for the whole sex thing. It's not that I'm gay, don't care or asexual even, I just want to wait for someone I love before I have sex. After reading a few studies and surveys showing that the average person loses their virginity between 15 -17, I can't help wonder if I'm really the only one who wants to wait or if I'm just missing out on it by being so uptight

Now I wil admit that I had sex once in my life. It ended horribly and I deeply regret because I was in love with the girl and it turned out, she didn't even remotely fel the same about me and Im wondering if Im the only one who feels it would be best to wait

Please note that my felings towards sex has absolutely nothing to do with any religious beliefs. I'm also not saying there should be a certain age or you should wait til marriage. Just until you're actually in love. Not the bulshit that teenagers feel when they like someone, but actual love.

So, B12G, what are your thoughts on this? Am I just being uptight wen it comes to the subject or am I in the right for thinking this?

P.S. I'm actualy a sorta wel known poster on here, it'd just shame me to amit this

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Am I Rely the Minority When it comes to sex?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 02:38:24 am »

I really hope you mean mode, not average...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 02:49:56 am »

I think teenagers have always been that zone where they get the urges to have sex yet don't fully understand the problems associated with being responsible about it. The difference today is that the standard of living means children can be relatively spoiled and left alone. Without parents there to really be with you about this stuff and with a culture of increasing individualism from your parents sooner than ever teenagers don't really have guidance on the subject. Not that teen sex didn't happen before, but I'm getting the vibe that our standard of living makes parents lazy and unconcerned about such things so the teenagers have a lot more leeway to go fourth about things.

We also don't really have much data about teen sex in the 'old days' because of taboos and teenagers keeping secrets.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 02:55:45 am »

Sex is hyped up so damn much most teenagers think it's some sort of golden chalice that will make you awesome forever.

(it totally is by the way)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 02:59:22 am »

Men who's first time was with someone they love and are still with said lady. REPRESENTING.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:03:58 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 03:34:59 am »

Yes, you probably are in the minority. If it's any consolation, I feel similarly to you.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 03:51:16 am »

<- Technically still virgin, long story, and no your not in any minority, plenty of people are at times "wait for love"rs although more so for girls.
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 03:56:49 am »

Hi!

Here is another technical virgin as self-service doesn't count, I guess. And my teenage days are long since gone, to say the least (^_^;;
I never really fell in love with a girl, so I never really had a reason to have sex with anyone.

There is no universal right or wrong about whether to wait or to seek it out quickly. That is really your personal decision and you should not let outside comments/pressures/etc. get to you. You do as you see fit and that should bring you the greatest happiness. Just following the herd will only yield a hollow life in my opinion.

Deathworks

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 04:16:38 am »

1. Life advice.
2. Sex is addictive. Most virgins lose it to non-virgins who are just feeling the burn.
3. If you're masquerading on a random account, you may as well spell properly. Otherwise we'll just think you're Armok. Or some random knob. Or a not-random knob. Namely - Armok.
4. Teens have a much more open idea about sex nowdays. It's fun, not for love. That's just how the majority of modern people represent it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 04:25:25 am »

It's hard to really tell what's going on, because people, particularly teenagers, often do not act/think in accordance with what they publicly say or "admit." I'm still a virgin at 21 though, it's being aware of myself. I know I'm going to bond tightly to whoever I do it with, so I better make sure it's to the right person. As simple as that.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 04:30:51 am »

1. Life advice.
2. Sex is addictive. Most virgins lose it to non-virgins who are just feeling the burn.
3. If you're masquerading on a random account, you may as well spell properly. Otherwise we'll just think you're Armok. Or some random knob. Or a not-random knob. Namely - Armok.
4. Teens have a much more open idea about sex nowdays. It's fun, not for love. That's just how the majority of modern people represent it.

1. good point
2. from what I've experienced with it (laugh) it's similar to cutting, drugs, and running water (for me atleast, anyways) all rolled up in one action.
3. it is in Armok's time-frame (when he's online, before he sleeps) and I dont know the account name....Armok if thats you quit fucking around.
4. Sex in history apperently goes in cycles of acceptance and shunning... romans were the last majorly accepting period like ours.

Vigilant it less binding then you imagine, and infact sometimes is degrading to a relationship.
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 05:44:08 am »

3. it is in Armok's time-frame (when he's online, before he sleeps) and I dont know the account name....Armok if thats you quit fucking around.

Pretty sure it isn't Armok, Armok is more in the group of "I am celibate like Nikola Tesla." If I remember correctly.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 05:45:10 am »

Yeah, I know a lot of people like to look to Armok as the scapegoat for pretty much anything but this really doesn't sound like him.

Vahan

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 05:47:17 am »

Pretty sure it isn't Armok, Armok is more in the group of "I am celibate like Nikola Tesla." If I remember correctly.

???

He was asexual, tbh.

EDIT: I don't know about you guys, but I find sex is pretty damn enjoyable. Rubbing the rubber pant snake's nice, but it's nothing compared to diving into the Pit of Mount Doom if you get what I'm saying. You really need to try it before you knock it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 05:49:58 am by Vahan »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 05:49:40 am »

I think Armok claims to be asexual.

I don't know about you guys, but I find sex is pretty damn enjoyable. Rubbing the rubber pant snake's nice, but it's nothing compared to diving into the Pit of Mount Doom if you get what I'm saying. You really need to try it before you knock it.
Sex apparently involves biting off Elisa Wood's finger and then hurling yourself into a pit of magma deep in a wasteland realm of evil. You heard it here first!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 05:51:24 am by Jackrabbit »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10