Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: LOST is over  (Read 4389 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
LOST is over
« on: May 23, 2010, 11:49:38 pm »

Lost series finale just aired. Did anyone else watch this far? Does anyone else feel almost...cheated out of hours of their life?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I had a feeling it was all going to crap sometime in the third season, but kept watching out of loyalty and faith that it would all be resolved suitable by the finale. Again, I feel cheated.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fuck you Carlton Cuse and Damian Whatshisface. Fuck you.

Thoughts on the finale? Or did everyone else have the good sense to give up long ago?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 11:53:20 pm by kinseti »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: LOST is over
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 11:53:23 pm »

The moment I saw the 'monster', with all its mechanical sounds and chain rattling, I quit... WHY is it a cloud of smoke and not a machine? WHY did they use those sounds in the first place?
 I saw that and thought, this series is bullshit. They don't know what they are doing...

I wonder if they really had this all planned out from the beginning... To unfold EXACTLY the way it has. If they did, they must have been smoking something when they wrote that script.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 11:54:48 pm »

I've never actually watched lost more then like two episodes, it seemed overrated to me.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 11:56:29 pm »

Never saw a single episode.  The commercials alone made me want to demand those precious seconds back.

About all I saw was some fat guy being emo on a beach and having awkward conversations with some of the other guys on the beach?  Just didn't pull me in.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 12:04:04 am »

Really the only thing that 'pulled me in' was this mechanic monstrosity... I was looking forward to seeing it in all its glory... and then I got a puff of smoke.

B.S.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 01:12:23 am »

I was in it for the challenge, and also to not be out of the loop.

For a series made up of asspulls, it didn't do too bad with it's ending. I mean, it tied things together and should make the short-term memory folk feel complete, and keep the detail nuts busy for a few hours before the 'net's rage sets in.

I didn't feel too cheated, but then again, I was never lost since the beginning, and paid attention to almost every detail. Maybe my brain is just wired differently.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 01:19:46 am »

Really, you expected the idiot box that is Lost to come out with something good? I titter at your naivety.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 01:33:08 am »

Yay, someone else watched it! I'm not the only sucker!

What bothered me was that the creators kept claiming they knew the ending since the beginning, and it was all going to tie in at the end. I didn't buy it, and thus wanted to see them prove it. The satisfaction of being proved right is outweighed by the disappointment of the conclusion.

Walt bugs me the most. I know, the actor got older and grew a mustache and shit, so it was hard to work him in, but didn't he have psychic powers? He controlled birds or something? Wasn't that important?

Really, you expected the idiot box that is Lost to come out with something good? I titter at your naivety.

But...but...THEY PROMISED. Besides, the first two seasons were gold, and I stand by that.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 02:04:17 am by kinseti »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 01:53:12 am »

But...but...THEY PROMISED. Besides, the first two seasons were gold, and I stand by that.
Agreed. The first 2 seasons were probably the best of the bunch. Probably because it felt like the creators knew what they were doing.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 01:56:59 am »

This is the problem. They more then likely intended for it to only last a season or two and just started making shit up after that. Its why 99.9% of good programs only last for a few seasons.

Vahan

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 02:00:42 am »

This is the problem. They more then likely intended for it to only last a season or two and just started making shit up after that. Its why 99.9% of good programs only last for a few seasons.

Watching Lost reminded me of reading fantasy books by really bad writers (Christopher Paolini etc) who just get bored halfway through and throw in stuff that seems cool but really ruins the mood.

Ralith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 06:39:00 am »

I feel cheated out of the time I spent fast fowarding through commercials for LOST. That said, I've seen two episodes. Which made me want to kill myself.
Sig to be updated momentarily.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 07:46:10 am »

I really liked watching lost, but yeah, the final episode was pretty..bleh. I don't know how they could've ended it otherwise though.

Now I feel really depressed, cause it was a sad ending :(

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 12:52:06 pm »

I watched the recap special before the episode, and it had Jacob with a class of wine, he said that the wine hell, while the plug was the island. And I thought to myself that that was a really interesting metaphor.

BUT IT WASN'T A FUCKING METAPHOR. THERE IS A PLUG IN THE ISLAND THAT KEEPS OUT HELL.

WHAT.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 01:26:15 pm »

I watched the recap special before the episode, and it had Jacob with a class of wine, he said that the wine hell, while the plug was the island. And I thought to myself that that was a really interesting metaphor.

BUT IT WASN'T A FUCKING METAPHOR. THERE IS A PLUG IN THE ISLAND THAT KEEPS OUT HELL.

WHAT.

Dude. Fuck yes. There's a hole in the ground leading directly to hell? JAM A FUCKING ISLAND IN IT! YEAH!
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6