Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oh my....~  (Read 2123 times)

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh my....~
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 01:43:18 pm »

Having them give meat or plants upon being butchered should be easy enough by adding a butcher_special tag to their material. Giving them a plant item upon butchring should make them brewable, along with the booze material tags from plump helmets.
I'm trying this now. I succeeded in making them milkable, but I think I failed at making said milk alcoholic.

Uh, does anyone know what these guys breed like? I want to treat them like livestock, but if they have one kid that matures in eight years that's obviously not gonna work.

EDIT: I have replaced Plump Helmet Man tissue with three Plump Helmets, meaning one PHM = stew. Also I've increased the amount of offspring one can have (but not too much, as I'd like to avoid a shroomsplosion if possible) and brought down their maturation rate significantly.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 02:51:10 pm by Tastysaurus Rex »
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 01:49:39 pm »

Just slaughter the kids. They can have more.

Now excuse me while I go expiate myself for that horrible suggestion.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 02:53:30 pm »

Just slaughter the kids. They can have more.

Now excuse me while I go expiate myself for that horrible suggestion.
Nonsense! That's basically my policy on kitten-bolts anyway.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 04:46:45 pm »

I think for your milk you should use ALCOHOLIC_CREATURE if you didn't already.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 04:48:05 pm »

First time they got mentioned when the version first came out, someone's warrior just ate the corpse after Urist McAxedwarf killed a Plump Helmet Man.

It looks like our dwarves have been nerfed. I got a friend of mine to start playing DF a few days ago. He didn't go far on his own, but he told me an interesting tale :
He had designated an animal "zone" (I think he was referring to an animal stockpile) but did nothing interesting then ; after a while, he noticed dwarves were gathering dogs, horses and mules to that "zone". And a few weeks later he saw dwarves going to a horse, the horse going red and flashing and running a bit until he died. And the dwarves gathered around the corpse for a while, then left.
He interpreted this as the dwarves, hungry, killing an animal to feed themselves on his corpse (he hadn't designated a food stockpile). Honestly, I'm not sure I could interpret it differently.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 05:14:13 pm »

I think for your milk you should use ALCOHOLIC_CREATURE if you didn't already.
I think that's where I fucked up. I have a viable means of making PHM consumable now, but I still want to see how this turns out.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 10:02:24 pm »

First time they got mentioned when the version first came out, someone's warrior just ate the corpse after Urist McAxedwarf killed a Plump Helmet Man.

It looks like our dwarves have been nerfed. I got a friend of mine to start playing DF a few days ago. He didn't go far on his own, but he told me an interesting tale :
He had designated an animal "zone" (I think he was referring to an animal stockpile) but did nothing interesting then ; after a while, he noticed dwarves were gathering dogs, horses and mules to that "zone". And a few weeks later he saw dwarves going to a horse, the horse going red and flashing and running a bit until he died. And the dwarves gathered around the corpse for a while, then left.
He interpreted this as the dwarves, hungry, killing an animal to feed themselves on his corpse (he hadn't designated a food stockpile). Honestly, I'm not sure I could interpret it differently.

This makes me want to starve a fort to see what actually happens.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 [2]