Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Debian on thinclient  (Read 723 times)

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
Debian on thinclient
« on: May 23, 2010, 07:09:16 am »

Hello.

I have a compaq T20 which I aquired. I never had a thinclient before so I plugged it in, expecting to see a windows-ish thing appear on screen (the side says "windows powered"). But I got a debian console. But I cant work it. no matter what I type in the console, pushing enter just moves to the next line, no error or anything. I tried commands like "fdisk" and "sudo" and still no result. I would expect mashing the keyboard and hitting enter would bring up an error message, but it just moves to the next line.

So i was wondering, did I miss something obvious in debian, some special command to make something happen, or is my thinclient version of debian just broken.

(the "General discussion" category seemed the right place, but I apologise if it should have been posted somewhere else)
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Debian on thinclient
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 09:25:51 am »

Screw debian, install FreeBSD or ubuntu instead.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Rotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 11:01:29 am »

Screw debian, install FreeBSD or ubuntu instead.
Considering that he can't get it to do anything at all, he might have trouble getting the install off the disk/drive/internet....
True, but at a certain velocity the resulting explosion expels invader-bits at fatal speeds. You don't want to be dropping trogdolyte-shaped shrapnel bombs into your boneworks.
Only in Dwarf Fortress...

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 11:14:30 am »

*facedesks*
HE POSTED HERE.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Rotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 11:18:21 am »

*facedesks*
HE POSTED HERE.
He obviously has another computer, because he said that he couldn't get the computer to do anything. That includes opening a browser.
True, but at a certain velocity the resulting explosion expels invader-bits at fatal speeds. You don't want to be dropping trogdolyte-shaped shrapnel bombs into your boneworks.
Only in Dwarf Fortress...