Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: You are a ...  (Read 25690 times)

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a ...
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2010, 09:54:18 pm »

Silhouette, if we multiply (we should just be able to split apart) can that one follow the beginning parasite? or will it go off on its own?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2010, 09:57:33 pm »

I was just going to mention division, cell division halves your hitpoints, and hunger.
It requires rest to recover from said division.
Evo points will be able to be crossed over (Yes, that means if you eat the dna from one animal with one cell, you can use those evo points on the other cell who sat and did shit all, im doing it this way otherwise it would be too hard in the later on stages.)

Note: Cell division CAN kill you, and hp is rounded down.

An option for cell division will be in the next round.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 09:59:16 pm by silhouette »
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2010, 10:02:22 pm »

Maybe we could develop conversion of nutrients into health. Let's leech off this guy for a little while, though.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2010, 10:03:43 pm »

5.  Mitochondria, then nucleus.  It'd be good to re-up our health before we launch our attack and go kill off the big cell.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2010, 10:07:56 pm »

Maybe we could develop conversion of nutrients into health. Let's leech off this guy for a little while, though.

Said process is slower than consuming atp.

Also, i might need some help with the conversion from single celled organism into multi-celled organism...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2010, 10:53:58 pm »

6. I think we should divide, yeah we may starve for a bit, but it may be worth it when we managed an army of 20 very tiny parasites running around eating everything. Then we should eat something that would bring our health back up and our hunger.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2010, 10:56:04 pm »

6. I think we should divide, yeah we may starve for a bit, but it may be worth it when we managed an army of 20 very tiny parasites running around eating everything. Then we should eat something that would bring our health back up and our hunger.

I think there's too many potential issues with dying at this time, since each new cell would be at one-hit-KO status.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2010, 11:20:43 pm »

5 ATP! ATP!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2010, 11:28:16 pm »

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2010, 12:16:41 am »

3.DNA is the Weiner
---

So off you go, hunting for the nucleus, consuming more ntrients along the way, but not enough to heal you, just satisfy your on going hunger.
You almost get sucked into a vacuole filled to the brim of enzymes, but manage to divert just in time, and the vacuole floats passed, on a whim you decide to follow said vacuole and discover that it takes you right around near the nucleolus.
You begin eating your way through the nucleolus and to the nucleus, consuming the very very delicious DNA.
But by now, the cell seems aware of your presence, and with its last dying action, enzymes start crowding around the entrance you had made to the nucleus.
All functions of the cell start dying off.
+13 Evo points.
You currently have 14 evo points.

Stats
---
Health 2/4
Hunger : 80%
abilities: parasite level 3
Enzyme resistance level 2.

---

Options.
1: RUN, RUN AWAY
2: Wait till the enzymes are busy and rush back through the opening
3: immediately start chewing a new passageway out of the nucleolus, the opposite side of the one you came through.
4:Divide cells and hope for the best that one cell gets out alive, and that the enzymes dont reach you before you finsish cell division (more than likely)
5:Face the enzymes down in battle furry, hoping to destroy them all!
6:OTTER

----

---

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2010, 12:23:01 am »

3, though I can't see how it's effectively different from 1

EDIT: Oh, and
+1 enzyme res first, then +1 cell memb str, then +1 parasite skill if we can afford it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:54:57 am by Lonewolf I »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2010, 12:23:31 am »

5. But first MASSIVE UPGRADES. Grow a stronger cell wall, flagella, and an offensive spike of some sort.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2010, 12:24:30 am »

3, though I can't see how it's effectively different from 1

1 is rushing out the same hole you came in, immedietly.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2010, 12:26:07 am »

3! RUN!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2010, 12:39:16 am »

Increasing in size/ growing a stronger cell membrane/wall increases health.
Increasing in size costs less than growing a stronger cell membrane/wall but adds less health.
E.g.
Size would be 1 2 3 4 5 etc...
Whilst membrane/wall would be 2 4 6 8 10...

Meanwhile, another entity is growing and evolving somewhere else in this liquid....
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:46:36 am by silhouette »
---
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13