Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: You are a ...  (Read 24912 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: You are a ...
« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2010, 11:26:51 pm »

5 Being reckless would only take us to the GAME OVER screen, so I suggest we go cautiously for once.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2010, 11:34:15 pm »

4. We cannot pass up the opportunity to be DWARFY! After that statement anything else would insult us!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2010, 11:45:02 pm »

4 KICK REASON TO THE CURB!  OURS IS THE FLAGELLA THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!

Reminds me of "Dood" from EndZone. "My paintings will cover the Heavens!" Probably not where it originally came from but oh well.

Anyways definitely 4!

We aren't any pansy elves are we? Eh? EH!?
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2010, 12:03:50 am »

Urgh, I need some suicidal-forum-goers-be-gone.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2010, 12:06:25 am »

Yeah, then the LA thread wouldn't be so god-awfully dismal XD
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2010, 12:10:08 am »

Urgh, I need some suicidal-forum-goers-be-gone.

To explain why we are suicidal is quite simple my dear Watson. When you go against the norm and do something crazy like we have been doing it normally makes things harder and more interesting as well as complex. As you have seen we have been kicking some serious behind so far, and even if we are out of tutorial mode we will continue to do so ^_^

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2010, 06:57:59 am »

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!?!

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2010, 09:18:11 am »

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!?!

Dang... just got it.

Our drill will pierce the heavens!

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2010, 12:36:27 pm »

5 than 2
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2010, 02:56:33 am »

4 it is then...
---

Not to stop the game and having it die just after tutorial zone and before you get out of the cell... Tutorial zone has now reached until you get out of the cell... which is like now...
----

You stand your ground and wait patiently for the enzymes to come closer, once they are in close enough range you charge out of the nucleus and start consuming the enzymes, eating left and right, sometimes only part of them...
It is a long and furious battle, but it is over now, by some miraculous achievement, you have survived...
Everything around you is light again, except for the remains of the nucleus and nucleolus.
This indicates that you are outside, looking around you can just notice what seems to be other cells, feasting on enzymes and the remains of the dead cell as well as absorbing nutrients.
You notice that there is a lot more enzymes on just one remaining part of the cell than the amount that attacked you, you surely were lucky...

Parasitic abilities: level 4, you can now properly parasite off of cells
Enzyme resistance level 3: enzymes can only do 7/10 damage to you.
Cell membrane str level 1: Your hitpoints is increased by 2

Evo points: 5
Hp:Body: 1/6
Hp:Flagellum: 2/4, Speed: below average.
Hunger: 75%

---

Options:
1:Just float around for some time absorbing nutrients and healing.
2:Cautiously explore and attempt to find some left over ATP to heal
3: RUN, RUN AWAY
4: Explore and investigate.
5: OTTER
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 29, 2010, 03:05:59 am »

1. You don't pick this or something similar than you should leave.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2010, 03:16:02 am »

Yeah, im leaning towards a more healing side this turn...

Also, multi-cellular organisms (is different than just cell division) will allow you to become much larger and advance to the next stage.

Cell size can only go up to 10, basically like every ability, excluding a few special ones, your cell can not grow bigger than that unless you get the ability of cell wall and large vacuole, even then its not worth it unless your planning on becoming a plant like creature...
Multi-cellular organisms is the other way to get bigger and much more complex creatures, you can control more of an organism with multi-cellular organisms, especially in later stages where you have a brain...

The brain can not be developed yet in this stage at all and can only be developed later on, past multi-cellular stage...
Having a brain allows you to do much more things than before rather than relying simply on instinct...

Certain skills have levels in them, and may change in certain stages.
E.g.
Parasitism in cell stage will change to "basic parasitism" in creature stage, it will also have three stages of parasitism, basic, normal, and advanced.

Certain skills branch off into other skills, and can only be available as long as you reach the skill requirement...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2010, 03:17:23 am »

How many Evo points, and whats for sale???

1 also, is the best and only choice of action, unless we can float around looking awesome while healing up is a choice...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2010, 03:37:00 am »

---

Evo points: 5

---

Welcome to the Evo shop!
(Where N= the level it is currently at.)

Sale:
(I've forgotten what we paid for the eye spot... Probable 3 evo points or something...)
Eye spot upgrade: Nx2, increases what you are able to see and in what detail.
You currently have level 1 eye spot

Hardened Cell Membrane: Nx2+2
Increases the hardness of the cellular membrane whilst keeping the flexibility, increases hit points by 2 every level
You currently have level 1 Hardened Membrane.

Cell Wall: Nx2 (+2 for the first level)
Increases the hardness of the cellular membrane but reduces flexibility, increases hit points by 3 every level at the cost of speed, flexibility and manoeuvrability.

Enzyme Resistance: N+1
Reduces the damage inflicted upon you by enzymes, also in later levels, helps protect against poison/venom.
You currently have level 3 enzyme resistance.

Parasitism: N+1
Allows you to feed off of the cell for your own gain, at higher levels you are able to influence the cell to your benefit, level 10 required for symbiosis.
You currently have level 4 parasitism.

Flagellum: 5 points.
Increases movement speed

Cilia: 10 points
Increases movement speed (a tad higher than flagellum) and manoeuvrability.

Pseudo-foot : 15 points
Increases movement speed (a tad higher than Cilia) and vastly increases manoeuvrability.
Has the ability to absorb other cells with any part of your body.
Buying this upgrade will chance your cell membrane structure to allow you to use the upgrade, all this does is make the cell wall much more flexible.
You are unable to buy this upgrade if you have a cell wall.

Mitochondria: 5 points per mitochondria.
Increases your healing rate and gives you extra energy.

Harden flagellum: Hardens the flagellum into a straight point so it acts more like a spike, removes the advantage of speed that you would once get from the flagellum before the hardening...
5 points.
---
Others: suggest them please, ill regularly add them later as i come up with them n that...
----

Sale:
Just about anything, for N/2.
---

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2010, 03:59:45 am »

Eyes cost two FYI

I say get the Healing Upgrade...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13