Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Another Tribes game - Year 1  (Read 5563 times)

Argoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Another Tribes game - Year 1
« on: May 23, 2010, 02:36:07 am »

This is MY attempt at a tribes game. It is based off of this one. I will be taking most of the rules that are already in place for the afore mentioned game and tweaking them a little bit for my own evil purposes.

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

The game will be starting off with a total of 10 player controlled tribes.

For future reference, all races should be human. I may throw in some creatures that are not found on Earth, but other than that, human races only.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

All tribe positions are filled, if and when a tribe is removed, the first person on the waiting list will be chosen to lead a new tribe.

Now for the tribes. I want to see some basic information about the tribes, where they live, what/who they worship,, what they look like, and a basic idea of their society. With all of this information I can tailor my posts to fit your tribes, a little better.
ACTIVE TRIBES:
1.The Argath(Paranatural)
2.Gasej(Barbarossa the Seal God)
3.Sakhalin(Jopax)
4.Tahark Hoard(Neyvn)
5.Hurg(Archangel)
6.Xargv(nuker w)
7.The Aziniates(sonerohi)
8.The sea men(Askot Bokbondeler)
9.The Neptoliran(RandomNumberGenerator)
10.Spartites(Spartan 117)

LEADERS WAITING:
1.Lawton

Thank you, and may your tribes prosper!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 12:25:12 am by Argoroth »
This is a dwarf beard HEPA filter. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of aluminum and menaces with spikes of cave lobster shell. On the item is an image of a dwarf in carp leather. The dwarf is coughing.

Those who educate children well are more to be honored than parents, for these only gave life, those the art of living well. - Aristotle

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Tribes game - Pre-world
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 02:39:17 am »

I'm up for it.

Tribe name: The Argath
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Argoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 02:47:05 am »

Thank you for your quick response, and welcome Paranatural, leader of The Argath!
This is a dwarf beard HEPA filter. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of aluminum and menaces with spikes of cave lobster shell. On the item is an image of a dwarf in carp leather. The dwarf is coughing.

Those who educate children well are more to be honored than parents, for these only gave life, those the art of living well. - Aristotle

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 02:53:00 am »

Tribe Name: Gasej

Leader Title: The Prophet

Gods: Rjankae, the mighty beast of the forest. Some claim that it has the power of the Sky Fire (lightning) and controls the change of seasons.

Environment: A temperate mountain range full of valleys and coniferous forest.

Society: Those whose rank is closest to the God have more freedoms. The Prophet is bound by no laws, and the priests only ruled by The Prophet. Priests control different sections of the tribe, which are again broken into tiers, merchants overruling farmers overruling everyone else. (people who laze around, etc.) No system of law is written, but Prophets tend to follow in each others' footsteps.

Distinctive features: They communicate using a system of arm waving and tongue clicks.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Argoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 02:56:20 am »

Wonderful! Welcome Prophet Barbarosa, of the Gasej!

Argoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 02:57:22 am »

Hey, Para, do you have some information on your tribe? If so please post it as soon as possible. If not, then please write it up and post it as soon as possible!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 03:42:19 am »

I'm in too, can i just use my old tribe?
If so the tribe's name is Sakhalin, and it's background:
The Sakhalin tribe was mostly nomadic in it's early years, as they relied on hunting they moved on the great plains with their prey, the great bisons which made up the majority of the tribes food supply.One year tragedy struck as nearly half the tribe was killed when a rampaging herd plowed trough the settlement.Thus it was decided that it was time to settle for good, luckily the great plains were quite a pleasant place and they settled at it's very edge near a great river.Forests could be seen on the other shore and the plains on their side provided ample food troughout the year.
The Sakhlain are somewhat taller than average humas as most of their men reach the height of 2 meteres by the time they enter their early twenties.They are of thinner than most humans but are quite resilient as their hunting traditions are often very physically demanding, their skin is darker and they usually have light brown hair, altough red and blonde are also common.Facial hair is usually grow when men enter their thirties and take on more serius matters of the tribe.
The one thing that is a trademark of their culture is their annual Great Hunt that is actually a rite of passage for the young men to reach full adulthood, it takes place on the plains and participants are groups of up to three adolescents of ages from 16 to 19.The hunt is entirely on foot and is one of the reasons why they enjoy speed so much, running by wild bisons the task is to knock them over and kill them using only wooden poles, while very dangerous this kind of hunting ensures that the tribes' men are always in perfect physical condition.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Argoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 03:55:21 am »

Greetings Jopax, leader of the Sakhalin, and may all of your hunts be favorable!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 04:08:18 am »

Tribe: Tahark Hoard

Might give a blurb latter about what they are. Or might use something akin to this...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 04:23:36 am »

Tribe Name: Hurg

Leader Title: The Great Smasher

God: Ung, the Crusher of Mountains, Bringer of Slight Justice

Environment: The known area contains cool rain forests, large, grassy plains and barren, rocky, snow capped mountains

Society: The one who best wields the Great Hammer becomes the leader. Tests are held every five years to ensure that the one who best fits this requirement has the job. The smartest and the most experienced become the advisers of the leader. People are ranked by experience, ability and contributions to the group and get shares and rights based on this assessment. The priests of Ung are exceptions to this hierarchy and provide the judging so that everyone is ranked correctly. In terms of weapons, the Hurg favour crushing weapons and this preference is reflected in all areas of society and warfare.

Distinctive features: Sort of democratically elected leaders; use only big smashy sticks for weapons; people are small, strong humans.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Argoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 04:31:26 am »

I send my personal welcome to both War Leader Nevyn, of The Tahark Hoard, and The Great Smasher Archangel, of the Hurg. May both of you gain many "allies", and may all of your foes fall!

We are now half way through the tribal formations, I am starting on the creation of a basic map, by the way, Nevyn, what type of area are your people from? Or at least where they are settling.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 04:33:56 am by Argoroth »

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 04:35:53 am »

Ow yea, here we go

Tribe name: Xargv

Leader Title: The One

God: Xmnv, the Bringer of the dark snow, Master of the dark

Enviroment: Most areas in the region are Snow capped mountains, frozen lakes and rivers, barren wastelands filled with the iconic "dark snow" and rock fields. A mainly cold, barberic, resourceless area.

Racial discripton: Very white from the lack of exsposure to the sun, lightly built, black eyes (thought to be a possible side effect of the black snow), brown hair and normaly very tall compared to other tribes.

Society: Life is based around one thing and one thing only. The collection of the black snow. No one really knows what it is, some say its the ash from a long dead sun, others say the very last traces of a million year old volcanio. Most how ever will say it is the blood of the god Xmnv, the tribes god and master. "The One" is a member of the elite clan of the tribe. The folowers. These clans people devote their lives to the worship of there god and are said to have been blessed with the power to lead and make others stronger. "The One" is chosen by pitting 5 boys against 5 wolves. The boy that survives is "The One". How ever, this fight normaly takes its toll on the persons body and the oldist leader there ever was only made it to the young age of 40, despite the tribes ability to live longer then others.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 04:41:13 am »

Actually they would go anywhere there is food...

Hmmm, Grassland/Forest zone would be best if anything...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Argoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 04:44:02 am »

Thank you, Nevyn. I needed to know that, so I would have an Idea about where to start you.

Para, I still need the info on your tribe... At least where you want to start, however a basic description would be nice.

Also, welcome to Nuker W, The One of the Xargv. May Xmnv guide you through the darkness!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 04:59:02 am by Argoroth »

Argoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 07:59:46 am »

By the by, you can start posting your initial goals, at your leisure. I will attempt to have the first year complete on the Friday after the last person is set.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5