Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: Confessions  (Read 20143 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Confessions
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2010, 05:17:13 pm »

I have a 'thing' about mispronunciations.  If you pronounce the word "meme" like "mehm," or say "I got my learner's permit" rather than "I got my learner's permit," I am secretly vilifying you.

I'm not proud of this, but it's true.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2010, 05:19:04 pm »

Lawl, there are entire regions of the world that you must dislike.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2010, 05:26:32 pm »

Lawl, there are entire regions of the world that you must dislike.

Yeah... as I said, it sucks.  It was also annoying during AP language testing, because for some reason the speakers always have way too much saliva in their mouth and thus tend towards funky pronunciation.  I mean ARGH.

A general accent is okay, though.  It just drives me nuts when the person is saying most words one way, and then suddenly they reverse the stresses on a single word.  My family mostly speaks "proper English," but then they'll say "aboat" instead of "about," and ... yeah.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 05:59:14 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2010, 05:31:51 pm »

I have a thing for Warcraft-style dwarf hotties. The muscularity, the curves, the strength, the warmth; hammer those anvils any day.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2010, 05:37:24 pm »

An general accent is okay, though.  It just drives me nuts when the person is saying most words one way, and then suddenly they reverse the stresses on a single word.  My family mostly speaks "proper English," but then they'll say "aboat" instead of "about," and ... yeah.

An general accent is okay

An general accent

AN GENERAL

WHYYYYYY
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2010, 05:41:02 pm »

WHYYYYYY

Oh my god the bindings of the universe have been loosened! Quickly, run to your loved ones and hug them! That is if the air hasn't turned to fire, your hands to snakes, or you loved ones to decorative but pretentious furniture pieces!

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2010, 05:42:16 pm »

'General' should be pronounced by dropping the 'g'. This notation has been lost to the 'eneral public.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Mishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2010, 05:51:06 pm »

I urinated in a walk in freezer at work one night to see how fast it would freeze. I forgot to check and its still there to this day.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2010, 05:59:34 pm »

Walk in freezers are just horrible. Stoners use them to hot-box at work, a couple managed to have sex in one I worked at (I have no idea how), people apparently piss in them just to see how fast it freezes, a previous job's pasttime was to play 'bounce or splat?' in it, who knows what else goes on in those chilly places.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2010, 06:06:16 pm »

An general accent is okay, though.  It just drives me nuts when the person is saying most words one way, and then suddenly they reverse the stresses on a single word.  My family mostly speaks "proper English," but then they'll say "aboat" instead of "about," and ... yeah.

An general accent is okay

An general accent

AN GENERAL

WHYYYYYY

I know, I know  :'(  It hurts me, too.  Come, let us embrace like brothers in the face of this assault on the edifice of language!  I'll bring the flamethrowers, that we might down this fearsome wretch and dance on her smoking ashes.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2010, 06:46:24 pm »

Oh man. You know how sometimes you'll get two or three hairs growing out of one follicle? When I see those on my face I pull them right out. Can't stand them.

I have this one tiny little thin hair that grows out of the end of my nose. Its like an eyebrow hair. I have no idea how it got there. I rip that little bugger out every time I see it but it always grows back.
I was literally just about to post this.
Luckily, I've read, you will eventually pull out the little bundle of cells that produce the hair.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2010, 09:21:06 pm »

I have a 'thing' about mispronunciations.  If you pronounce the word "meme" like "mehm," or say "I got my learner's permit" rather than "I got my learner's permit," I am secretly vilifying you.

Heh, you should have a chat with my friend. If there is a way to mispronounce any given word, he will be the one to do it. And he's stubborn about it. Cache is 'cashee', ally is 'allee', golem is 'go-lum'...it drives me insane. He doesn't have a foreign accent, he just failed to grasp the rules of pronunciation somehow during his early childhood.

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2010, 09:25:32 pm »

Heh, you should have a chat with my friend. If there is a way to mispronounce any given word, he will be the one to do it. And he's stubborn about it. Cache is 'cashee', ally is 'allee', golem is 'go-lum'...it drives me insane. He doesn't have a foreign accent, he just failed to grasp the rules of pronunciation somehow during his early childhood.

I know right? Why can't we learn to follow the universal, clear cut, and simple rules of pronunciation for English?

Also,on an unrelated note: Bear, Lair, Mere, Care.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:37:24 pm by Creaca »

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2010, 09:38:44 pm »

Well, k{Si (proper pronunciation being k{S or k{Sei and {li ({lai) are a bit odd, but golem is gol@m (well, british would be something like gal@m) (assuming I'm interpreting your phonetic spelling right)...
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2010, 11:29:33 pm »

I say go-lum.

Despite the fact that I know it's a Hebrew word.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26