Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: Confessions  (Read 20144 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Confessions
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2010, 10:35:39 pm »

I confess that I have some strange obsession with spiders. I even managed to have spiders around the house not kill each other (while they normally would). They now live in colonies.
Oh God.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2010, 12:04:44 am »

I sometimes cheat at Space Munchkins.

Ugh, I'm a horrible cheater.  I'm as honest as possible when it comes to my dealings with other people, but once we're playing cards... cheating, cheating, and more cheating.  Mostly with hand limits, but there's been some other stuff, too... heeheehee.  And when I played with my cousin, he kept on stealing my equipment when I wasn't looking at him :I  Sneaky little bugger.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2010, 12:18:23 am »

I sometimes cheat at Space Munchkins.

Every time I play that game, I get the Transporter Accident. No joke.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2010, 05:36:13 am »

When I was maybe 4, I was too afraid to leave the town in Diablo. I completely missed the point of the game.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2010, 08:25:39 am »

I was that way in Everquest. Wouldn't walk outside of the Freeport Gates at night time.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2010, 11:00:03 am »

Growing up in a semi-rural neighbor-hood consisting entirely of boys, I am now able to admit we where some vicious little pricks. One of the best pastimes, was for me and the neighbors youngest child, who was closest to my age, to torment my younger brother. We would create fictional clubs, and my brother, wanting to be in on the fun, would do anything to join. Oh and we certainly made him do anything. Some choice bits I remember are forcing him to climb to the bottom of a well naked, while we threw his clothing up in the tree by the road, having him piss on a tree, then lick it, tie a ribbon around the tail of one of the neighbors bulls, oh and that time we locked him in the freezer of the nearby Peach Shed.

Good times.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2010, 12:21:08 pm »

Okay, here's one: I'm a very, very extreme closet gamer/nerd/geek. None of my friends have any idea how strong my geeky side is (well, a few are aware I can be marginally geeky, but have no idea of the extent). To all my IRL friends I'm a pretty average, laid-back, somewhat promiscuous musician who drinks a lot at parties. Not one of the asshole douchebag guys who thinks they're the shit, but a pretty well-balanced and likable guy all around. Meanwhile I spend my Thursday nights playing DnD in an IRC chatroom with internet friends.

It's always been kind of embarrassing for me, because even as playing video games and other typically-thought-of-as-geeky stuff has gotten more commonplace and casual around guys my age (university), I was such a hardcore gamer as a kid that being the nerdy kid then has led me to publicly repress all signs that I'm a big ol' geek. Even my geeky friends don't know. Sometimes I find it kind of sad that despite being the 'geeks' of my friends, they'll talk about stuff that I know more than twice as much about, yet I never acknowledge that I do. Nor will I.

I don't really mind, though. I feel like it lets me live the best of both worlds. Anyone else like this?

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2010, 01:11:47 pm »

I must confess I have repaired crumbling bathroom tile plaster using common spackling paste instead of anything actually waterproof. I am not sure how long this repair will hold, but since I intend to sell my house next year, if it hasn't fallen in by then I can safely assume I leave it better than I started.

I also occasionally squeeze blood out of hangnails. I like the smell of blood, and watching it run down my hand makes me feel aliiiiiive.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2010, 01:33:22 pm »

Oh man. You know how sometimes you'll get two or three hairs growing out of one follicle? When I see those on my face I pull them right out. Can't stand them.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2010, 01:51:42 pm »

edited.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 06:06:29 am by SIGVARDR »

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2010, 01:56:10 pm »

Oh man. You know how sometimes you'll get two or three hairs growing out of one follicle? When I see those on my face I pull them right out. Can't stand them.

I have this one tiny little thin hair that grows out of the end of my nose. Its like an eyebrow hair. I have no idea how it got there. I rip that little bugger out every time I see it but it always grows back.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Nonsapient

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2010, 01:56:44 pm »

I have this one tiny little thin hair that grows out of the end of my nose. Its like an eyebrow hair. I have no idea how it got there. I rip that little bugger out every time I see it but it always grows back.
I was literally just about to post this. 

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2010, 02:03:52 pm »

I was literally just about to post this.

My theory is that its a eyebrow folicle that somehow got pushed down to the end of my nose during fetal formation. But I'm basing that off sunshine and raindrops. Any SCIENCE! would be nice.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2010, 04:58:14 pm »

Yeah to everyone I've met in the past year, I assume the non-gamer position unless it's completely obvious it's alright.

My next door dorm mate was literally a closet geek. He moved his mattress and computer into his walk-in closet, and only came out to make food or use the restroom. His actual room is used for storage.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2010, 05:13:12 pm »

I had a lot of emotional turmoil when creating this Avatar, as I did not want to bring down Armok's anger on myself.

No, not really.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26