Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Your feelings on this?

Strike the earth!
Good idea, don't count me in, though.
Meh, I just like to vote. Don't care.
You'll probably have a lot of "Fun*", that's for sure.
GET A JOB, YOU HIPPIES.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24

Author Topic: Geek Commune  (Read 21836 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Geek Commune
« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2010, 05:32:06 pm »

Plus, your kind don't get on with my kind.

... I don't know what "kind" you're talking about anymore, but you could probably communicate this somewhat more efficiently.  As-is, it seems like you're indulging in an odd desire to be victimized.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 01, 2010, 05:33:29 pm »

I's joking Vector. I'm perfectly happy with who I am, an' couldn't give a crap about other peoples opinion.
*Hugs*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 01, 2010, 05:34:19 pm »

I's joking Vector. I'm perfectly happy with who I am, an' couldn't give a crap about other peoples opinion.

Ooookay ... I'll just go sit in the corner enjoying my bucket hat of shame.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 01, 2010, 05:36:24 pm »

Alright ya scurvy dogs!  Which o' ya yellow belly lot have it in ya to join me crew?  Who has it in ye to be the scourge o' tha sea and the host o' the mighty web servers?

You actually got a ship?

Well, you never know...
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 01, 2010, 05:42:33 pm »

Well, right now I have a ship about 12 feet long, but I think the whole point of piracy is to amend that deficiency.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 01, 2010, 05:47:59 pm »

So you're on a geek boat now?

Captain Cthulhu is now recruiting stout hearties to become corsairs.  We'll rent a speedboat, sneak onto the geekship in the middle of the night, and steal their electronics to sell at a pawn shop.

Yarrr.

Can I bring my DnD stuff? We can have EaP in real life.

I am not made for hard work.

So if you guys need a accountant give me a call.
If we did this thing for real we could definitely use someone who can balance the books.

Sadly I am still 5.5 years out from a CPA, so yeah, long time to wait, but if it happens then give me a call.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 01, 2010, 05:51:24 pm »

This returned?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 01, 2010, 06:10:56 pm »

Yeah.

Two days or so ago.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 01, 2010, 06:12:44 pm »

Dang am I late, then.
 :-[
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 01, 2010, 06:30:41 pm »

Sadly I am still 5.5 years out from a CPA, so yeah, long time to wait, but if it happens then give me a call.

Someday I'll be a programmer, so there's that, too. Someday. (Hopefully in a much shorter timeframe, though. My somedays only last about a year and a half. Usually.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 01, 2010, 06:46:33 pm »

Some day some day some day.

What a drag.

I want to go be a accountant, or anything now.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 01, 2010, 07:10:51 pm »

Yeah, well, me too. It takes time, though, unfortunately.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 01, 2010, 07:50:46 pm »

Hm... I think land would be real cheap in Somalia, though it might be hard to build on it. But yeah, land in some god-forsaken place is going to be cheaper, especially if you buy directly from the government. We could go to Detroit and buy an abandoned apartment building; the city has enough space to fit (I think) Boston and Manhattan, so there's room. Although, security may be an issue until the local gangs learn about the fact that we may have many gun users or crazy people with a knack for technology.

On top of that, we could have a garden on the roof with inconspicuous weed thrown in, and sell it to a local gang. </facetious>

As an alternative to inner-city living, there's some good land in Marquette (beautiful area, btw), if you don't mind the occasional Superior storm with massive waves (not that bad if you get a mile or two off the water). No nearby nerdschools other than the four-ish hour drive to Michigan Tech, though.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 01, 2010, 07:54:24 pm »

Screw that, I'm already from Michigan. I want to at least go somewhere warm.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 01, 2010, 07:55:06 pm »

Although, security may be an issue until the local gangs learn about the fact that we may have many gun users or crazy people with a knack for technology.

Or they kill us and take our stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24