Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trade depot oddness  (Read 834 times)

buzz killington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trade depot oddness
« on: May 22, 2010, 11:47:17 am »

Looking if anyone else has run into this before I put this in as a bug.

A bunch of elves came to trade at the depot.  In the middle of unloading, some goblin ambushes scared them away.

Now my mayor is the broker.  I have the depot set to only broker may trade.  At the moment it flashes "no merchants are trading" as the elves are pissed off about the goblins.

For some reason my manager has decided to place himself in the trading area as if he wants to trade.  Which is odd, as no merchants are trading and I have it set to only the broker may trade.  His status indicates No Job.

I have an odd feeling he's going to stand there until he starves (its been awhile and he's flashing hungry).  Has anyone else run into this?

hagr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trade depot oddness
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 04:32:47 am »

Have you tried removing the building? 'q' then 'x' ...im not sure if this will work but it's worth a shot.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 04:36:20 am »

Setting the depot to "no trader needed" should send him off.

Also, check and make sure he can leave. Make sure "Dwarves can go outside" and that all your doors are unlocked, ect.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 08:03:52 am »

If buzz is playing version 0.31 then there is no "dwarves can go outside", and since the elves aren't considered to be trading there wouldn't be any commands available from the depot itself.

Since your broker's job is "No Job" and not "Trade at Depot", it means he's just standing there willingly. Check your burrow settings and make sure your he's actually allowed to enter your fortress (and make sure you haven't locked him out by raising a bridge or something).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 08:11:50 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.