Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Solved! Thanks Knight Otu and Grimlocke  (Read 1955 times)

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
Solved! Thanks Knight Otu and Grimlocke
« on: May 22, 2010, 03:24:21 am »

I've looked through some files that I've modified lately, but I haven't been able to figure this one out.  I had a dwarf do an engraving and it came out like this:

Engraved is <nothing> a Udib Athelzaled rendition of a <nothing> image of <nothing>.  The image is the symbol of the Everlasting Boots, a local dwarven government.

For the record, the <nothing>s are actually blank spaces that appear to be where a word should go.  Anyone have any thoughts on why this would be happening?  Thanks so much!
~CaptainKobold
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 03:19:29 pm by CaptainKobold »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Error: Engraved is (nothing)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 03:45:08 am »

What does the engraved tile look like? If you have engravings obscured, you can temporarily toggle it with d-v .
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 04:14:30 am »

I'm currently using Mayday graphics and it just looks like a normally engraved wall.  Other walls are working properly with their descriptions of "This is a dwarf" or "This is a crutch," but for some reason this more complicated one (and a couple more like it) didn't work.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 04:19:20 am »

Hum, okay. The error log shows nothing, I assume? Did you modify the descriptor_shape file or add a new descriptor_shape file?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 11:51:49 am »

It could have engraved a nameless creature or item.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 02:47:50 pm »

I grabbed a new descriptor_shape file for a mod thing but there's nothing in error log.  I noticed just now though that descriptor_shape had [OBJECT:DESCRIPTOR_SHAPE] as [OBJECT:DESCRIPTOR].  I'm checking now to see whether things are fixed now.

Aaaaaaand... it's fixed.  Thanks guys!  Checking into the descriptor_shape file was apparently right where the problem was.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 03:18:39 pm by CaptainKobold »