Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Road Warrior Text Adventure  (Read 1866 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Road Warrior Text Adventure
« on: May 22, 2010, 02:27:25 am »

The following is a nobody's-bumping-my-RTD text adventure, courtesy of Sensei! It will die abruptly when it stops being funny or I have something else to do. Projected lifespan: 2-9 days.

If you're not familiar with the good ol' text adventure format, everyone will suggest actions for the protagonist- the solution to mutually exclusive suggestions is usually democracy. Because this is a short little adventure, I won't be culling stupid and dangerous actions(probably). Precede actions with >. EX: >Drink Water.

Any other rules should be pretty self-explanatory and will be instituted when I feel like it.

Behind you is a DESERT. There are rolling, rough sand dunes are far as the eye can see, punctuated by a two-lane road. The tops of crumbling, ancient sky-scrapers protrude from these dunes, and they cast long shadows in the setting sun. It's too damn hot, even in the evening. On a hill sits a powerful CAR- it has an aggressive shape, armor plating, hundreds of horsepower, and machineguns.

It is not yours. You have a MULE. Or rather, you had one, but you ate it quite a few miles back. Before you sits not only that car, but the town of RASTBURG- a wretched hive of scum and villainy if you ever saw one. It consists of a very crude FORTRESS WALL, and inside of it many low, rusting shacks made of abandoned materials. It's difficult to discern what is a scrap pile and what somebody is living in. Somewhere in there is WATER- probably at a charge, but you saved a little money- twenty paper-bills, in fact. Not that their denominations matter; just that nobody can make them any more. Most people just call them 'SCRIP' for the sound they make.

Right now the gates are closed, there is a guard on a tower built into the wall you can talk to. He is wielding a crossbow. You'll probably want to talk to him since, although you're numb to it, you'll probably pass out of thirst in a few hours

Thirst: ‼EXTREME‼
Hunger: Moderate
Wounds: None

Inventory:
Tattered clothes (EQUIPPED)
Pistol
Bullet x2
20 Scrip
Donkey Jaw (this is a weapon, along with any other use you think of)

>_
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Road Warrior Text Adventure
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 02:29:43 am »

>Steal car.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 02:32:24 am »

> Steal the missile on top of it
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 08:36:06 am »

>Go ask the guard for some whater.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 09:57:27 am »

>Put pants on head
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 11:06:46 am »

>Ask the guard for free water. If he denies, steal the car, point the rocket at him and ask again.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 11:51:31 am »

>Steal car.
You walk over to the car- (coin:Heads) which, for its value, is miraculously unattended. The doors are welded shut, so you start to open the window-net to climb inside. This activates a flamethrower you didn't see before. You narrowly escape- losing what hair you hadn't lost from radiation. You're not sure if the guard didn't notice you, or just doesn't care.

> Steal the missile on top of it
You lift it out of its housing, and oh god shit that's heavy! You don't think you can lift that while you're so dehydrated. You bury it in the sand nearby though, and mark it with a rock so you can find it later.

>Go ask the guard for some whater.
"OI YOU!" you call out, "Can I get some water?" The guard returns, "Water's in the square. Also, don't steal anything inside these walls or I'll shoot yer ass." The gate opens. Before you is Rastburg, seedy denizens wearing all sorts of strange, worn attire. Most of the activity in there is from stalls buying and selling just about everything you can imagine. A loud generator is even supplying electricity to some places. The only thing that sticks out from the maze of ruined huts is the mayor's building, a converted missile bunker. The missile silo has been flooded from an aquifer and people take their water freely from it. There are no farms, the town depends entirely on trade for food.

>Put pants on head
WOO! PANTS ON HEAD!
Everybody wonders what you think is so great. The pants-on-head fad died a month ago.

>Ask the guard for free water. If he denies, steal the car, point the rocket at him and ask again.
Looks like the water's free anyway. Not that you could steal the car regardless.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 12:03:01 pm »

>Drink water
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 12:08:53 pm »

>Drink water
Like many weary travelers before you, you quench your thirst at the silo. Nearby some guards shoot a pickpocket. You notice you're rather hungry. Oh, it looks the guards shot the wrong guy, someone else slit the pickpocket's throat.

You probably don't want to hang around longer than you have to. But you don't intend on leaving into the desert on foot with scraps of clothing.

Thirst: None
Hunger: High

Inventory:
Tattered Shirt (EQUIPPED)
Pants (ON HEAD)
Tighty Whities (EQUIPPED)
Pistol
Bullet x2
20 Scrip
Donkey Jaw

>_

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 12:17:01 pm »

Buy food.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 12:19:14 pm »

Buy food.
You try the nearest stall. "Hey, what'll 20 scrip get me?"
"Pound a' meat." replies the butcher.
"What kind a' meat?"
"Meat."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 12:32:29 pm »

>"I love meat!"
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 01:22:09 pm »

>Ask if he has any Iguana-on-a-stick

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 01:40:19 pm »

>"I love meat!"
>Ask if he has any Iguana-on-a-stick
He has one piece that looks sort of like an iguana, maybe. At your behest he puts an oil dipstick in it. Nutritious! You eat half of it now.

Thirst: None
Hunger: Low

Inventory:
Tattered Shirt (EQUIPPED)
Pants (ON HEAD)
Tighty Whities (EQUIPPED)
Pistol
Bullet x2
Donkey Jaw
Half a pound of meat on a stick

>_

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010, 01:56:48 pm »

>Sell pants, buy lockpick, steal car
Pages: [1] 2