Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sometimes bugs are funny  (Read 2306 times)

buzz killington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sometimes bugs are funny
« on: May 21, 2010, 09:14:18 pm »

Just had a dwarf become a legendary bonecarver by creating an iron figurine at a craftdwarfs workshop.  I think he is a bit confused.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sometimes bugs are funny
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 11:03:34 pm »

Maybe the iron figurine was actually bones?
Prehaps a skeleton?
Prehaps he was carving a bone figuring out of iron, making it an iron figuring made to look like it was made out of bone?
Or something like that...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 11:08:24 pm »

Maybe he was carving it from the bones of an iron man?

The Chemist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 12:33:30 am »

I've had the same thing happen! he wanted two bone samples , a gem and a stone, i saw him take two puppy bones and some yellow gem, i dunno if he took some hematite or what, but it was an iron figurine too. Stored in my metal craftworks stock pile too. looking at the item again, it looks like the rock was andesite. I think my guy is an alchemist and he's not telling anyone.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 05:58:42 am »

It's a bug that happens a lot. The majority of artifacts seem to come out as iron.

buzz killington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 09:11:06 am »

First time for me actually, I usually get worthless artifacts.  The iron one was pretty cool though, over 100k dwarfbucks for a craftshop item.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 11:24:34 am »

All bugs are funny, just some are more funny then others. The Ubend bug springs to mind.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

The Chemist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 11:52:45 am »

this something to do with plumbing?

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 12:16:47 pm »

Bugs Funny. /spam
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 05:52:57 pm »

this something to do with plumbing?
Simply put, back when 3d first came about, people tried to figure out how to safely get a store of water. On method was a ubend. Unfortunately, due to a delightful bug, the water level never thought it stabilized, and so generated a MASSIVE plume of water on the far side from the source. Since it generated water to top it off, it just created a massive quantity of water. Needless to say, it was utilized as both a water source and a weapon.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 10:36:42 am »

Ive had the exact same thing, figurine made out of iron = bone-carving artifact. I assume he makes a bone-figurine out of an exotic material (iron) and becomes legendary. I guess that holds true for any artifact, it can be any discipline and made out of anything.

Zruku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 10:46:09 am »

I think some of the bugs like exploding leather is hilarious whenever it happens. I can't imagine the look on the faces of anyone who had their friend explode while trying to attack a fort.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 10:48:53 am by Zruku »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 10:50:46 am »

I just had a forgotten beast sneak in somehow. Can stairs be accessed diagonally if the square below them is solid rock, but next to that square is open air?

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 11:02:03 am »

The artifact iron bug is actually because you accidentally forbidded the main "ingredient" of the artifact or it became otherwise unusable. Though the dwarf carries on anyway and auto makes it: Iron. But it'll pretend it used the main ingredient anyway and get the related skill boost. All the other decorations will also be applied too, so long as you didn't forbid them...I've yet to see what happens when that's the case.

Quite handy actually as iron is alot better in most cases for artifacts, and is more dwarven than stuff like turtle shell.
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 04:15:26 am »

I didn't forbid anything, i don't "cook-the-books" for artifacts. I guess he found iron before / instead of bone?
Pages: [1] 2