Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Team Skycrashes Home Thread: Tower Fortress Competition  (Read 13647 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: Tower Fortress Competition: Team Skycrashes Home Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2010, 07:05:05 pm »

When I get home I'll take up the save. I can handle a minor tantrum spiral, and room expansion/decoration is fun. As for magma... I will set up a pump-works, but I may set up a forge and smelter waaay down at the original site, then make the pumpworks materials from metal down there. (the new ability for many kinds of metal gears is awesome this release).

How do you folks feel about a magma-farm... in the sky?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2010, 09:34:52 pm »

That sounds fun, but time consuming to build.

Go ahead, if you can do it. Having magma makes anything at least 10% more awesome, just by having it there.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2010, 09:57:04 pm »

well, I am downloading to take a closer look. Might see if I can work out a neat way of getting Archers to work for the next player...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2010, 12:52:42 am »

Go ahead, if you can do it. Having magma makes anything at least 10% more awesome, just by having it there.

We'll see if it's possible. I may have to devote the forges to golden furniture if the threat of riots is worse than anticipated.

well, I am downloading to take a closer look. Might see if I can work out a neat way of getting Archers to work for the next player...

Me, I'm closing the doors and not letting anything in noway nohow! Turtleyturtling turtles! I've got enough to worry about.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2010, 01:51:01 am »

We'll see if it's possible. I may have to devote the forges to golden furniture if the threat of riots is worse than anticipated.

Me, I'm closing the doors and not letting anything in noway nohow! Turtleyturtling turtles! I've got enough to worry about.
Well if you want, there is enough resources to start making Archers...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2010, 02:18:07 am »

Flaede, it's time for me to check in on your progress. I haven't heard anything.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Voligne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2010, 12:58:07 pm »

nervousness time, I guess I just do whatever now...

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2010, 05:07:42 pm »

lightning storms killed power, and made for a dead router and modem.
Back now. Will have the save up tonight at latest. Frikkin ambushes.

Sorry for the delay.
[/quote]

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2010, 06:04:21 pm »

Sorry about your computer troubles. No need to apologize then.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 02, 2010, 08:31:03 am »

Edit: Woah, wrong forum indeed.  Sorry about that folks.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 02:58:13 pm by Graebeard »
At last, she is done.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 02, 2010, 08:52:07 am »

Wrong Fourm I thinks...

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2010, 10:58:23 am »

"There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

"SuperDwarf" has made an appearance, swooping down to save two hapless mason-grunts who were building the platform for level 69. Yes, Superdwarf has a side-kick. Tosid the farmer doesn't like to fly as far out as Superdwarf, She is flying next to the tower, and thinks she can path back to useful work. She is wrong.

In other news, project magmapool is partway complete, but needs to be put on hold intil a magma smelter/forge operation has been set up. The irony is palpable.

EDIT: no. Superdwarf did not save them. He seems to have forgotten how to land, as well. He is thirsty.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 11:08:39 am by Flaede »
[/quote]

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2010, 11:08:07 am »

The lightening storm killed my save. Or something did, anyways. I'm back to mid-summer. Things are going quickly, however, since I grabbed everything outside made it all inside, and proceeded to turtle.
I caught a giant.
The third cavern is filled with bloboforms - it is a no go zone.
The middle cavern is walled for nice and peaceful wood chopping.
The first cavern is also walled in, and is a wonderful silk-farm.
The magma sea has a rather obvious tube to hell. Let's not go there, ok?

I had a better run the first time.
(I managed to avoid the error on level 69. it cost me 2 dwarves, and generated 2 superheroes. Not sure how that story will end)
[/quote]

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Skycrashes Home Thread: Tower Fortress Competition
« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2010, 07:42:05 pm »

I'm sorry, but what Bug was this???

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Skycrashes Home Thread: Tower Fortress Competition
« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2010, 09:38:02 pm »

I'm sorry, but what Bug was this???

The bug where they never hit the ground and forever after spam pathing errors. I built tombs around each of them, for if they ever come out of stasis and die.

EDIT: H'okay. Uploading the Spring Save now. What a lump of a turn. The second time 'round nothing worked right, the RNGs hated me: all the ambushers had arrows (that starburst is pretty, but someone needs to build us better walls). I got halfway to finishing the pumpstack and then got swamped with attackers. First time 'round it got finished in the fall. *sigh*

Whoever's up next, you have a magma smelting/forging. You have the bare tunnel waiting to have magma pumping put into it. If  My for a power generator is more of a mess, but I'll be glad to explain. (2 channels, 2 pumps, one manual to jump start the waterwheel, then after it's running, you connect both.).  You also have wide staircases to z75 the top of the 100 z level tower, and breeding pairs of exotic animals that won't breed.

We are a Barony, folks, and our manager gets nominated, since all her requests were simple ones.

I'll give the highlites later, I have to go pick someone up at the airport. (when I started, all the food was locked OUTSIDE, while all the dwarves were locked IN)

EDIT: UPLOAD... SO... SLOW... FINISHED.
I do not know how to upload a map, so if anyone can help with that, I would appreciate it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 11:31:29 pm by Flaede »
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13