Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Team Skycrashes Home Thread: Tower Fortress Competition  (Read 13658 times)

Voligne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tower Fortress Competition: Team Skycrashes Home Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2010, 07:40:12 am »

use a 3d visualizer as well when you post screenies.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2010, 01:59:43 pm »

Seems that Trade Caravans will start to bring wagons when you have more worth to bring them...
Just like Elves and Cloth, Humans and Dwarves will bring more Wagons when they bring more stuff...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2010, 06:03:19 pm »

Ah, so it wasn't anything I did or didn't do then. I should be able to finish up my year sometime today.

use a 3d visualizer as well when you post screenies.

I don't think any of the 3d visualizers work with the new version.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Voligne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2010, 06:58:21 pm »

:(

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2010, 08:32:37 pm »

Mind if I take year seven?

I'm new to DF, btw.  I know the basics but I might need some help.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2010, 08:40:04 pm »

You may.

I suggest that you take the time before your turn to learn more about DF. You'll need to work at a blistering pace to get things done, so the more you know about DF the better you'll be prepared to work on this project.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2010, 10:54:05 pm »

I'll take a crack at it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2010, 01:20:13 am »

Excellent. We've got a full team now.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2010, 03:40:38 am »

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Shit shit shit shit shit.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

FUCK.

Two goblin ambushes later most of the fort is dead. It would be hilarious to pass this fort on to Flaede but I think I'm going to restart my turn and figure out this goddamn military screen. The fort has been reduced to unplayability and I believe that is grounds for restart.

On the plus side, I now know how much work I can get done in a year. Which is quite a bit.

For those of you who want to know what a catastrophe looks like, here's the save.

I'm in the middle of uploading both Neyvn's finished turn and the wreck I made of it to the DFMA. And they are now up. See the first page.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:49:53 am by Jim Groovester »

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2010, 04:35:24 am »

I came across that second map on the DFMA and was like "Hey, they seem to be progressing pretty we... oh." :P Better luck next time.

rosedrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2010, 07:43:56 am »

.... heh, at my first year i usually work on seperating my fortress from the rest of the world with a locked door... with the trade depot just outside the door. even a competent military won't keep all the dwarves 100% safe.... and i usually wall my dwarves in to prevent them from being shot at by goblin crossbowmen.

the new military screen is a real pain. need to assign schedules and all. needs quartermaster to assign weapons and armor to dwarves. lots of military commands, makes it complicated...

but the tower's looking real pretty! oh man, circular designations. someone gotta make a macro for that? :P

really excited for my turn :>

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2010, 07:56:47 am »

It looks even better with all the blood and gore strewn across the surface. I think I like it, actually. Flaede, the save's been posted. Good luck!

/jk

All the designations were done by hand. The circle's Neyvn's design though, and I just copied it from level to level. It should be pretty when it all gets dug out and I don't end the fortress through mismanagement.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2010, 08:49:49 am »

Two goblin ambushes later most of the fort is dead. It would be hilarious to pass this fort on to Flaede but I think I'm going to restart my turn and figure out this goddamn military screen. The fort has been reduced to unplayability and I believe that is grounds for restart.

Thank you thank you thank you. I'd like not every succession fort I take part in to descent into bloody madness just before my turn starts.

Is there no workable airlock/moat system? do I need to make one?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2010, 09:37:13 am »

Believe me when I say that's at the very top of my priorities when I restart the turn.

I haven't yet because getting your fort wiped out just before you're about to finish the year, after making significant progress, is a bit discouraging.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2010, 02:57:20 pm »

Just posting to say I'm ready to play the third year. I'll try to put on some Z lvls. The only question is: DOWN or UP?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13