Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Team Skycrashes Home Thread: Tower Fortress Competition  (Read 13653 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tower Fortress Competition: Team Skycrashes Home Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2010, 04:49:20 pm »

FYI
I marked out the moat to be exactly 5 tiles wide by hand one tile at a time...
Much fun was had. ^_^
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2010, 08:44:29 pm »

Just posting to say I'm ready to play the third year. I'll try to put on some Z lvls. The only question is: DOWN or UP?

You'll be building up. I'll have a 75 story staircase ready for you to expand around.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2010, 01:50:23 am »

Alright, starting this up again. I'll do better this time.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2010, 02:46:37 am »

New first artifact:

Quote from: Soaridol
This is a limonite floodgate. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with limonite, lignite, and magnetited and studded with iron.

I've gotten the drawbridges working, and I've got a tentative squad of four soldiers. I'm making some leather armor for them, and I'll make them start sparring soon.

There was a migrant wave, and we got a high master armorsmith. We have 31 dwarves.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2010, 03:44:40 am »

More importantly: How many dwarves are there capable of masonry duty? I'm talking about skilled masons and worthless peasants and threshers.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2010, 03:56:34 am »

Want any Coaching on using the Military???

That or setting up some archers now that we have some leather to work with, only just got them at the end of my year, but had spent all available units on Mining the Moat...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2010, 04:29:14 am »

More importantly: How many dwarves are there capable of masonry duty? I'm talking about skilled masons and worthless peasants and threshers.

As many as I can spare. I've got a few dwarves working on crafts and I've pulled four out to the military, but other than that pretty much everybody's working the masonry shops.

Want any Coaching on using the Military???

That or setting up some archers now that we have some leather to work with, only just got them at the end of my year, but had spent all available units on Mining the Moat...

I think... I might have this thing sorta figured out.

I have them doing training at an armor stand but they don't seem to be increasing in skill very quickly. That's normal, right? They'll probably need to see combat before their skill really goes up.

In the case of an emergency I can always lock down the fort, so I think I'll be okay for now.

I'm working on making them some metal armor.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2010, 03:40:31 am »

Working on this a bit more today.

Grrr. One of the soldiers just got taken out by a tiger. I can't figure out how to replace her; the peasant with novice axe skills I picked to replace her still hasn't donned her armor. I hate this new military screen. For some reason the squad orders don't transfer to new recruits, unless I'm missing something crucial here. EDIT: And apparently resetting the orders worked. I hate this new military screen. It seems much more useful but absurdly difficult to understand and navigate through. EDIT: And still the peasant isn't training with everybody else.

Also, I apparently went and changed up the order but didn't ask anybody if they were okay with that. Flaede, would you mind playing year 4? Toady Two, would you take year 3?

rosedrake, would you take year 6, while Voligne, would you take year 5?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 03:48:29 am by Jim Groovester »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2010, 04:22:47 am »

Make sure the dead Dwarf still isn't in the Squad list...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2010, 04:32:37 am »

Having tried that, I am now confused.

I think it might be a bug.

I'll wait for another migrant wave. There should be another one coming.

EDIT: Just got 'em working. Had to disband the squad. What a pain.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 04:35:48 am by Jim Groovester »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2010, 04:41:29 am »

Well Military will most likely be the highest thing with bugs and flaws which a lot of people keep forgetting. This is the set that Toady is Updating everything to do with War and Combat. I reckon before we are even finished with this, Catapults will fire over Z levels, Goblins will bring Battering Rams, Siege Ladders and will even start filling moats...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2010, 05:28:18 am »

Any requests for the liaison?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2010, 05:33:27 am »

Leather Works are a great source of Coin, so reorder the leather again... I always say the max of everything...

Also include a bit of all the good bars and gems you know to save for Moods...

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2010, 05:37:35 am »

requests? um. does plaster powder actually work for making casts with yet?
if so we might need some of that :D otherwise no.
I caught that you'd changed the order. It's all right with me, so long as I don't get stuck in the endgame. Turn 4 is fine with me.

As for the military screen, I managed to get my commander-in-chief to be leading two squads at once, and also be a sub member of his first squad, through flicking back and forth between the nobles and military screens before the changes to nobles had been completely noticed.

EDIT: Milk. Milk is cheap, isn't it? and yet it gives you a barrel when you (immediately) cook it or turn it to cheese. Not that I bother with the cheese.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 05:39:09 am by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2010, 06:12:38 am »

*sigh*

Would you believe that the save is corrupted?

I am having the worst luck. Does anybody want to take a stab at my turn? I figure I must be cursed.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13