Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32

Author Topic: RTD: Hell Desk  (Read 44007 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Hell Desk
« Reply #300 on: August 06, 2010, 09:23:07 am »

Considering even on a 5 taking the limiter off of the cars is going to need a collateral damage roll...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 06, 2010, 10:27:57 am »

The entire point of RTDs is collateral damage. If you want to get things done you play a real RPG. If you want to get things done while wrecking the landscape for miles around you play an RTD.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 06, 2010, 11:18:12 am »

The entire point of RTDs is collateral damage. If you want to get things done you play a real RPG. If you want to get things done while wrecking the landscape for miles around you play an RTD.

I think I just figured out what I was doing wrong this whole time.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 06, 2010, 12:12:48 pm »

Flintus: Shake violently and expel the drugs out of my system...hopefully not over anyone
Frelock: Ask ADALF to hack into the cruiser's systems and override the speed-blocks.
Nuker: have a go at the dashboard in search of the speed blocks.
Toaster: I work on overriding the BMW's speed regulator.
Noctis: Program a manual override function into the computer, And keep an eye on any obstacles on the road, alerting Nuker as needed.
Qwertyuiopas: Keep driving

Flintus: 3

You piss yourself. Yay!

Frelock: 4

Adalf is entertained by the idea.
"How, exactly, do you expect to get me into the vehicle's computer? Hmm... Try plugging me into that calculator thing of yours and hooking it up to the vehicle's OBD5 port. If that doesn't do it you'll just have to pull the memory out and reprogram it."

You make your way to the driver's side door (standing on the outside of the car, going 300 miles per hour) and ask Qwerty to open the window. He does, and you use some scraps of wire to rig the Multifunction through the car's OBD port. Adalf's voice transmits simeltaniously through your cell phone and the vehicle's speakers.
"I think I can squeeze in here. Better do that to the other car too, you really haven't got much time. I can't let my agents get vaporized, can I?"

Using the cruiser's CB radio, you signal for Nuker to drive up to Qwerty's car.
Driving roll: 6

Nuker gracefully guides the vehicle up next to Qwerty's, matching his speed perfectly. Frelock deactivates one of his hand-magnets and clamps it on to the other car, then does the same with the other magnet. Looking back, you notice something in the sky falling twoards the ground. Fast.
Frelock makes his way over to Nuker's driver side door and transfers Adalf onto the vehicle's computer.
"Good. Oh, and Mr. Pyramid Head? I suggest you climb into the trunk of your associate's vehicle, there's going to be a sudden acelleration."
Frelock climbs into the trunk of Qwerty's car (noticing that the old robot has somehow covertly stashed himself inside as well) and closes it. Just as he does so, a distant flash of light...

Nuker+Toaster+Noctis: 4

Adalf does all the work for you. Isn't technology great?

Qwertyuiopas: 3

You calmly keep the wheel steady untill Adalf takes the vehicle over and you break the sound barrier.
Collateral roll: 3-1(computer control)=2
The shockwave breaks a few shop windows, but they're going to get nuked from orbit anyway.

Text:

Adalf takes the wheel as the thermonuclear bombs strike the city. The nuclear shockwave levels everything in its path, but the cars outrun it with minor difficulty.
"Well, that was certianly fun. How thoughtfull of the city's civil engineers to lock up the local goverment's mainframes underground. I'll need you to spread me onto more computer systems. These are goverment computers after all, I doubt they actually used these mainframes for anything but minor beancounting..."
"Anyway, there's a large army base up here that at the very least will have some nice guns for you and computers for me. With any luck I'll be able to get my pointers on some cryptography data too. Who knows, they might even have some nice shiny missiles for me to play with. Probably a few killbots as well. Mmm, missiles. I wonder if those cars can hydroplane their way to Russia."
"Speaking of killer machines, I think I may have drawn some attention from whoever is responsible for what's happening here..."

The vehicles blaze down the freeway and arrive at the army base. The gate is open, whoever was here left in a hurry. The party heads inside...
"INTRUDER ALERT"
"INTRUDER ALERT"
"UNDER ORDERS OF WILLFULL [glitchy noises] ALL INTRUDERS AND PERSONELL ARE TO BE SHOT ON SIGHT"

Ten heavy-duty guardbots attack the party!

Power:

Lightweight Exoskeleton (Toaster)
1,000 units (12V, rechargable)
Nuclear battery, +50 units per turn

Laser Rifle (Nuker)
2,000 units (24V, rechargable)

Radium Cell (NoctisVampire)
Practically infinite, 200 units available (12V)

Radium Cell (Qwertyuiopas)
Practically infinite, 100 units available (12V)

Flashlight (Noctis)
495 units (2 D-cells, 1.5V)

Flashlight (Toaster)

ColdHeat (Frelock)
49 units (1 AA rechargeable, 1.5V)

ColdHeat (Nuker)

Multifunction Calculator & Battery Charger (Frelock)

Not connected to AC power.
35,000 units, (Rechargeable, 12V)
Nuclear battery, +500 units per turn

Ammo:

Rocket Lawnchair (Nuker)
5 HE rockets (+2 HE)
2 Armor Piercing rockets (+2 AP)
2 Oxidizing rockets (+2 against machines)
2 Gas rockets (Instakill on organics if hit, 5m radius, lasts for 2 turns outdoors, 4 turns indoors)
2 "Dirty" rockets (Gives radiation poisoning, 20m radius, adds 3 grays per second to area)
2 Chlorine Triflouride rockets (25m radius, instakill, lasts for 10 turns, destroys landscape)

Glock 25 (Flintus)
20 mags

Walther P99 (Flintus)
3 mags with 9 bullets each

Flamethrower(Qwertyuiopas)
5 canisters with 4 turns of fuel

Health:

Flintus: Shaking, feeling extremely euphoric and anxious.
Health Roll: 4
Flintus doesn't seem to be getting too much worse.

Inventory:

Frelock: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, multifunction calculator/battery charger, Swiss Army Knife, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver, hand-crank recharger, solar recharger.
+1 Hardware & Network maintenance
+1 Basic Electronics and Soldering
+1 Improvisation
Power Armor (+1 to lifting, renders limb breakage irrelevant, non-AP projectiles autofail)
Armor-mounted minigun (Automatic weapon, roll five times. Consumes 100 units of power & 1/2 turn to spin up. )
Electromagnet attachments (Allows climbing metal walls at the cost of 400 units of power per meter, +1 to lifting metal objects)

Toaster: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, LV3 LART, power drill, cat5, jar of thermite, speaker wire, compu-helmet, lightweight exoskeleton.
+1 Programming/scripting
+3 Observance (+1 without helmet)
+1 Melee weapons (Includes Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool)
+1 Dodge/Travel

NoctisVampire: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife(capable of forming any implement the size of a shortsword), radium cell, Blaster Bomb Launcher, 10 bombs.
+1 Programming/Scripting
+1 Improvisation
+1 Charisma/personality

Flintus10: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Walther P99, Universal Screwdriver, very old label maker, 20 meters of steel cable, cyborg implants, pointy bit of circut board, Glock 25, 20 Glock 25 mags, sonic b@z00ka.
+1 Lockpicking
+1 Hardware and network maintenance
+1 Handguns
-1 Movement/Dodge
+1 blade resistance, blunt resistance (chest, legs).
+1 unauthorized data access
+1 attacking Migasoft robots

Nuker w: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver, medkit, Anarchist's Home Companion (+1 to explosives mixing), laser rifle, rocket launcher(with scope), various rockets.

+1 Hardware & network maintenance
+1 Programing/scripting
+1 Basic Electronics & Soldering
+2 Basic Chemistry
Morphine in system: -1 to coordinated or mental tasks, +3 to pain and PSI resistance.

Qwertyuiopas: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife, Universal Screwdriver, radium cell, napalm flamethrower, 5 canisters, flaregun, gasmask.
+1 Programming/scripting
+1 Hardware & network maintenance (comes with a Universal Screwdriver)
+1 Improvisation (includes Futuristic Swiss Army Knife)
Leg broken, using external support (-2 to running and dodging)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 06, 2010, 06:39:30 pm »

Continue to not really be that useful

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 06, 2010, 07:13:26 pm »

Wheel right past the guardbots and into the base interior.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 06, 2010, 07:29:41 pm »

Scramble for an EMP round, and attack the robots, while zooming right past them.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 06, 2010, 07:31:06 pm »

Hold the wheel mate? Bust out my rocket launcher and send a HE rocket at them.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 06, 2010, 08:06:56 pm »

Hold the wheel mate? Bust out my rocket launcher and send a HE rocket at them.

HE isn't going to do very much against them. Try the oxidizing rocket, or if you really don't want to fight them the triflouride rocket.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 06, 2010, 08:09:12 pm »

I thought it might be a bit of a waste *SIGH*. Use an oxidizing rocket instead.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 06, 2010, 10:01:39 pm »

Jump on the head of one that's not being rocketed, and +3 boost LART its head off.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #311 on: August 06, 2010, 11:08:51 pm »

>Get behind one and start disassembling it...
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 07, 2010, 04:42:50 am »

Flintus10: Continue to not really be that useful
Frelock: Wheel right past the guardbots and into the base interior.
Noctis: Scramble for an EMP round, and attack the robots, while zooming right past them.
Nuker: Bust out my rocket launcher and send an oxidizing rocket.
Toaster: Jump on the head of one that's not being rocketed, and +3 boost LART its head off.
Qwertyuiopas: Get behind one and start disassembling it...

Flintus10: 1

You develop Psionic Powers. You fail at failing.

Frelock: 3

Whee! The guardbots fire at you, but their non-AP bullets just squish against your armor.

Noctis: 1

The car has stopped. You don't have anything that fires EMP munitions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx_UJxuQGXo

Nuker: 2

You step in front of the guardbots to fire a rocket. It strikes them!
Roll for damage: Oxidizing: 2+2=4

Three of the guardbots are rendered inoperable by the potent oxidizers in the rocket.

Toaster: 4+1=5

You run up to a guardbot and set the controls to dump 500 units of power into the boost thruster.
Roll for damage: Piercing: 8-2=6 AP:4-1=3
WHAM! The superpowered weapon splits the guardbot in half! Shards fly everywhere!
Roll to dodge: Noctis: 4 Nuker: 3 Toaster: 3
No memebers of the party are hit by anthing nasty. Toaster's exoskeleton helps him jump away from the kinetic explosion.
Roll for damage: Guardbot 1: 4-2=2 Guardbot 2: 4-2=2 Guardbot 3: 2-2=0 Guardbot 4: 2-2=0 Guardbot 5: 1-2=-1 Guardbot 6: 5-2=3
The majority of the guardbots are unaffected by the rather respectable shower of metal shards, but one seems to have had really bad luck and it's leg has fallen off. No doubt it only had three days left until retirement.

Qwertyuiopas: 2

That's not a very good idea at all. You get punched by a guardbot.
Roll for damage: 3
You think he broke one of your ribs.

Old Robot: 5

The old robot leaps out of the trunk of the car and preceeds to rip Guardbots 1 & 2 in half. Hell yeah.

Text:

The four remaining guardbots spin up their miniguns! Damn they're slow.

Power:

Lightweight Exoskeleton (Toaster)
550 units (12V, rechargable)
Nuclear battery, +50 units per turn

Laser Rifle (Nuker)
2,000 units (24V, rechargable)

Radium Cell (NoctisVampire)
Practically infinite, 200 units available (12V)

Radium Cell (Qwertyuiopas)
Practically infinite, 100 units available (12V)

Flashlight (Noctis)

Flashlight (Toaster)

ColdHeat (Frelock)

ColdHeat (Nuker)

Multifunction Calculator & Battery Charger (Frelock)

Not connected to AC power.
35,000 units, (Rechargeable, 12V)
Nuclear battery, +500 units per turn

Ammo:

Rocket Lawnchair (Nuker)
5 HE rockets (+2 HE)
2 Armor Piercing rockets (+2 AP)
1 Oxidizing rockets (+2 against machines)
2 Gas rockets (Instakill on organics if hit, 5m radius, lasts for 2 turns outdoors, 4 turns indoors)
2 "Dirty" rockets (Gives radiation poisoning, 20m radius, adds 3 grays per second to area)
2 Chlorine Triflouride rockets (25m radius, instakill, lasts for 10 turns, destroys landscape)

Glock 25 (Flintus)
20 mags

Walther P99 (Flintus)
3 mags with 9 bullets each

Flamethrower(Qwertyuiopas)
5 canisters with 4 turns of fuel

Health:

Flintus: Shaking, feeling extremely euphoric and anxious.
Health Roll: 6
Flintus tried PSI Healing alpha! Flintus felt better!

Inventory:

Frelock: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, multifunction calculator/battery charger, Swiss Army Knife, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver, hand-crank recharger, solar recharger.
+1 Hardware & Network maintenance
+1 Basic Electronics and Soldering
+1 Improvisation
Power Armor (+1 to lifting, renders limb breakage irrelevant, non-AP projectiles autofail)
Armor-mounted minigun (Automatic weapon, roll five times. Consumes 100 units of power & 1/2 turn to spin up. )
Electromagnet attachments (Allows climbing metal walls at the cost of 400 units of power per meter, +1 to lifting metal objects)

Toaster: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, LV3 LART, power drill, cat5, jar of thermite, speaker wire, compu-helmet, lightweight exoskeleton.
+1 Programming/scripting
+3 Observance (+1 without helmet)
+1 Melee weapons (Includes Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool)
+1 Dodge/Travel

NoctisVampire: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife(capable of forming any implement the size of a shortsword), radium cell, Blaster Bomb Launcher, 10 bombs.
+1 Programming/Scripting
+1 Improvisation
+1 Charisma/personality

Flintus10: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Walther P99, Universal Screwdriver, very old label maker, 20 meters of steel cable, cyborg implants, pointy bit of circut board, Glock 25, 20 Glock 25 mags, sonic b@z00ka.
+1 Lockpicking
+1 Hardware and network maintenance
+1 Handguns
-1 Movement/Dodge
+1 blade resistance, blunt resistance (chest, legs).
+1 unauthorized data access
+1 attacking Migasoft robots
+0 PSI Powers
+1 Drug Resistance

Nuker w: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver, medkit, Anarchist's Home Companion (+1 to explosives mixing), laser rifle, rocket launcher(with scope), various rockets.

+1 Hardware & network maintenance
+1 Programing/scripting
+1 Basic Electronics & Soldering
+2 Basic Chemistry
Morphine in system: -1 to coordinated or mental tasks, +3 to pain and PSI resistance.

Qwertyuiopas: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife, Universal Screwdriver, radium cell, napalm flamethrower, 5 canisters, flaregun, gasmask.
+1 Programming/scripting
+1 Hardware & network maintenance (comes with a Universal Screwdriver)
+1 Improvisation (includes Futuristic Swiss Army Knife)
Leg broken, using external support (-2 to running and dodging)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 07, 2010, 07:56:49 am »

Ah crap. GET IN MAH CAR AND DRIVE AWWWWWAAAAAY

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 07, 2010, 11:40:24 am »

Ah crap. GET IN MAH CAR AND DRIVE AWWWWWAAAAAY

Oh come on. It's not like they're going to last long enough to fire their guns.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32