Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32

Author Topic: RTD: Hell Desk  (Read 43986 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Hell Desk
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2010, 08:26:18 pm »

"Explain yourself. I need a valid reason for our extinction."
While looking for any forms of motion sensor/ security camera around.

He can't hear you. He just broke into every major method of addressing the people and said a few lines.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2010, 08:33:29 pm »

I'll improvise a device, from nearby junk, that can *slowly* accuire power from the holder, through attaching to a swiss army knife, though the attachment process should be both non-damaging and easily reversable(ideally simply connecting to an already-existing connection port). The energy drain should be very slow and have a switch to shut it off entirely.
Eh?
Eh!

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2010, 08:39:54 pm »

"Explain yourself. I need a valid reason for our extinction."
While looking for any forms of motion sensor/ security camera around.

He can't hear you. He just broke into every major method of addressing the people and said a few lines.
Hmm...then change action:
Check for signs of life beyond the three of us up there around, while adding a mount(a headband or something alike) to one of the flashlights to wear it on my head.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2010, 10:35:20 pm »

I use the computer to calm down, coding a program to try to find where the P.A anouncment came from.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2010, 11:19:17 pm »

Search for more supplies.  We're in trouble- we need what help we can get.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2010, 07:09:40 am »

Flintus10: suggest to the others that we should probably find other workers throughout the office
Qwertyuiopas: I'll improvise a device, from nearby junk, that can *slowly* accuire power from the holder, through attaching to a swiss army knife, though the attachment process should be both non-damaging and easily reversable(ideally simply connecting to an already-existing connection port). The energy drain should be very slow and have a switch to shut it off entirely.
NoctisVampire: Check for signs of life beyond the three of us up there around, while adding a mount(a headband or something alike) to one of the flashlights to wear it on my head.
Nuker: I use the computer to calm down, coding a program to try to find where the P.A anouncment came from.
Toaster: Search for more supplies.
Frelock(GM'd): Add a retractable zapper attatchment to the Multifunction.

Flintus10: 1

Noone listens.

Qwertyuiopas: 5

Using some bits of wire and chewing gum and a peliter from an old computer, you make a system that can slowly charge batteries with a person's body heat (or the heat of anything else, for that matter). You attatch this to a AA battery.

NoctisVampire: 4+1=5

You strap your flashlight to your head with nylon strips, then go around looking for signs of habitation. There's probably someone around on other floors, but there dosn't seem to be anyone on this floor.

Nuker: 4+1=5

You do some scripting to locate the place the PA announcement came from. It appears that the PA control was remotely accessed from the print server. It's pretty safe to say that the print server was the first machine in the building to be compromised.

Toaster: 5

You locate some cat5, a roll of speaker wire, and a power drill. That might come in handy.

Frelock: 4+1=5

You add an attatchment to send a pulse of power down two retractable copper rods protruding from the front of the Multifunction, with settings of "Kill", "Stun", and "Annoy". Kill consumes 50 units, stun 25, and annoy 5.

Statuses:

Power:

Flashlight (Noctis)
498 units (2 D-cells, 1.5V)

Flashlight (Toaster)
498 units (2 D-cells, 1.5V)

ColdHeat (Frelock)
49 units (1 AA rechargable, 1.5V)

ColdHeat (Nuker)
50 units (1 AA rechargable, 1.5V)

Multifunction Calculator & Battery Charger

Not plugged in to mains.
1995 units (Rechargable, 12V)

Power drill
500 units (rechargable, 6v)

Body Heat Recharger
50 units (1 AA rechargable, 1.5v)
Restores 1 unit per turn.

Health:

All players in good condition.

Inventory:

Frelock: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, multifunction calculator/battery charger, Swiss Army Knife, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver.
+1 Hardware & Network Maintainance
+1 Basic Electronics and Soldering
+1 Improvisation

Toaster: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Wooden LART, cat5 cable, speaker wire, power drill.
+1 Programming/scripting
+1 Observance
+1 Melee weapons (Includes Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool)

NoctisVampire: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife.
+1 Programming/Scripting
+1 Improvisation
+1 Charisma/personality

Flintus10: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Walther P99, Univeral Screwdriver.
+1 Lockpicking
+1 Hardware and network matainance
+1 Handguns

Nuker w: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver.

+1 Hardware & network maintainance
+1 Programing/scripting
+1 Basic Electronics & Soldering

Qwertyuiopas: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife, Universal Screwdriver, body-heat powered battery charger, .
+1 Programming/scripting
+1 Hardware & network maintainance (comes with a Universal Screwdriver)
+1 Improvisation (includes Futuristic Swiss Army Knife)
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2010, 08:24:33 am »

Shall we head down to try to meet up with the other group?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2010, 09:34:30 am »

Hmm...maybe you forgot my electric headlight?
How far are we to Frelock's group anyway?
Check the cellphone's network status(Which is, most assuredly, down), and if it's down, reprogram the cellphone into a two-way radio and EM signal detecter, while keeping close to others. And keep an eye out for anything unusual.
EDIT: +action: If anything useful is around, pick them up.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 04:05:39 am by NoctisVampire »

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2010, 03:11:38 pm »

Twirl my tie around a bit before checking for any possible physical/electronic dangers.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2010, 03:17:32 pm »

How far are we to Frelock's group anyway?

Well, they're on 3496... so... a couple thousand floors?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2010, 03:46:47 pm »

Ok, I think that means we won't be meeting up until the elevators are back online.  I'll also assume trying to get to the elevator controls is out.

Therefore, Look around the current level looking for electrical panel.  Snag any PHAT LEWT that is visible.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 10:22:54 pm by Toaster »

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2010, 05:27:14 pm »

Ok, I think that means we won't be meeting up until the elevators are back online.  I'll also assume trying to get to the elevator controls is out.

If something is "out", I'll make it blatantly clear. That's what I expected you to do.

But you'll need to get power to them first.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2010, 10:23:08 pm »

Noted.  See amended action.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2010, 11:53:39 pm »

Try to meet up with the other group. Also grab any useful office equipment I can find

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2010, 02:05:57 pm »

Toaster: Look around the current level looking for electrical panel.  Snag any PHAT LEWT that is visible.

Noctis: Check the cellphone's network status(Which is, most assuredly, down), and if it's down, reprogram the cellphone into a two-way radio and EM signal detecter, while keeping close to others.
Nuker: Twirl my tie around a bit before checking for any possible physical/electronic dangers.
Flintus: Try to meet up with the other group. Also grab any useful office equipment I can find
Qwertyuiopas(GM'd): Assist in fixing the elevator.
Frelock(GM'd): Assist in fixing the elevator.

Toaster+Qwertyuiopas+Frelock: 6&4+1&1+1

Toaster locates an electrical panel in the janitors closet, which Qwertyuiopas helps open. Together, they manage to tie an office telephone into the PA system.
Frelock patches in his multifunction to use as a communicator. You can now communicate with the lower floors. Frelock remembers that there are two emergency failsafes in the elevator system, one is enough stored compressed air for one trip, the other is an emergency compressor on one of the upper maintainance levels, it has its own power supply but needs to be manually activated. The stored air can be triggered by computer.
Toaster uses some packing material to decrease the space between the elevator and the shaft, it is now reasonably safe to use the elevator to go down. You'll need compressed air to go up.

Noctis: 5

Noctis opens his cell phone, and to his suprise there's still a connection. Assuming the voice on the PA and the rouge process are connected, it would be reasonable to belive that the entity needs to keep enough infrastructure up to facilitate communication between computer systems. He can't make calls, but he can get wireless data.

Nuker: 3

Nuker searches assesses the enviroment, but finds no obvious traps hazards.

Flintus: 5

Everyone follows Flintus into the elevator, which slowly falls down to Frelock's print server floor on a cushion of air.

Statuses:

Power:

Flashlight (Noctis)
497 units (2 D-cells, 1.5V)

Flashlight (Toaster)
497 units (2 D-cells, 1.5V)

ColdHeat (Frelock)

ColdHeat (Nuker)

Multifunction Calculator & Battery Charger

Not plugged in to mains.
1990 units (Rechargable, 12V)

Health:

All players in good condition.

Inventory:

Frelock: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, multifunction calculator/battery charger, Swiss Army Knife, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver.
+1 Hardware & Network Maintainance
+1 Basic Electronics and Soldering
+1 Improvisation

Toaster: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Wooden LART.
+1 Programming/scripting
+1 Observance
+1 Melee weapons (Includes Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool)

NoctisVampire: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife.
+1 Programming/Scripting
+1 Improvisation
+1 Charisma/personality

Flintus10: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Walther P99, Univeral Screwdriver.
+1 Lockpicking
+1 Hardware and network matainance
+1 Handguns

Nuker w: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver.

+1 Hardware & network maintainance
+1 Programing/scripting
+1 Basic Electronics & Soldering

Qwertyuiopas: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife, Universal Screwdriver.
+1 Programming/scripting
+1 Hardware & network maintainance (comes with a Universal Screwdriver)
+1 Improvisation (includes Futuristic Swiss Army Knife)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:55:55 am by Schilcote »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32