Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32

Author Topic: RTD: Hell Desk  (Read 43988 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: RTD: Hell Desk
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2010, 03:43:26 pm »

I'll trade my fully charged battery(in the charger that wasn't included in the most recent statuses) for one compatible but partly drained ones that one of the other players have.

After that, or instead of that it it would be two actions, I'll improvise a pair of two-way radio communicators. Powered by standard batteries, of course.
Eh?
Eh!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2010, 05:20:59 pm »

Grab some equipment from around this floor

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2010, 06:50:49 pm »

Search the area for some helpfull items of any sort

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2010, 08:08:23 pm »

Be aware of anything troublesome happening.
And reprogram the cellphone into a two-way radio and EM signal detecter, while retaining the basic cellphone functions.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2010, 11:29:22 pm »

Don't I have a power drill, cat5, and speaker wire?

Wire the flashlight to the LART for added force, then look around for anything useful before rounding the group up for a trip to the emergency generator floor.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2010, 07:51:58 am »

Somehow I suspect that the current level of LART available works on purely mechanical principles...
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2010, 09:04:16 am »

Somehow I suspect that the current level of LART available works on purely mechanical principles...

WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2010, 09:53:12 am »

[Image]

Hmm...essentially a glorified baseball bat?
Useful nonetheless in smashing things like computer screens and circuit boards...and it's insulated, could be very useful indeed:)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2010, 11:24:03 am »

[Image]

Hmm...essentially a glorified baseball bat?
Useful nonetheless in smashing things like computer screens and circuit boards...and it's insulated, could be very useful indeed:)

It's a 2 by 4 with a handle, pretty much. And yeah, it's a good insulator (but flammable).
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2010, 02:51:40 pm »

When I said wire, I meant as in "tie on."  Sorry.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2010, 09:48:56 pm »

See if I can set up a small power drain from the computer systems themselves to attach to my multitool.

The program still has to operate on computer hardware, right?  That means we have (limited) hardware access, especially if the printer server was the first point of infection.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2010, 09:16:28 am »

Qwertyuiopas: improvise a pair of two-way radio communicators.
Flintus10: Grab some equipment from around this floor
Nuker: Search the area for some helpfull items of any sort
NoctisVampire: reprogram the cellphone into a two-way radio and EM signal detecter, while retaining the basic cellphone functions.
Toaster: Wire the flashlight to the LART for added force, then look around for anything useful before rounding the group up for a trip to the emergency generator floor.
Frelock: See if I can set up a small power drain from the computer systems themselves to attach to my multitool.

Qwertyuiopas: 5

You use some diodes, transistors, and small speakers to make two small crystal radio sets, capable of transmiting and recieving AM signals. They can recieve signals without any power, but transmitting consumes from 25 to 200 units of energy, depending on the distance to the reciever.

Flintus: 5

You pick up an aincient label maker and some rolls of heat-sensitive paper. It takes four AA batteries, but then cells that are in it have burst. There's plenty of paper at least.

Nuker: 2

You look around, but you don't notice anything of interest in your corner of the room.

Noctis: 6

Remembering a textfile you read in your youth about Motorola telephones, you put your cellphone into debug mode. It can transmit and recieve AM signals in this state, with configurable power and frequency. Your cellphone is, luckily, powered by a small, fragile nuclear battery, so power is not a problem for the phone.

Toaster: 2

Your flashlight is a flimsy plastic device, and you think better of attatching it to your weapon.

Frelock: 2

This machine, at least, is without power.

Statuses:

Power:

Flashlight (Noctis)
497 units (2 D-cells, 1.5V)

Flashlight (Toaster)
497 units (2 D-cells, 1.5V)

ColdHeat (Frelock)
49 units (1 AA rechargable, 1.5V)

ColdHeat (Nuker)
49 units (1 AA rechargable, 1.5V)

Multifunction Calculator & Battery Charger

Not plugged in to mains.
1990 units (Rechargable, 12V)

Health:

All players in good condition.

Inventory:

Frelock: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, multifunction calculator/battery charger, Swiss Army Knife, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver.
+1 Hardware & Network Maintainance
+1 Basic Electronics and Soldering
+1 Improvisation

Toaster: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Wooden LART, power drill, cat5, and speaker wire.
+1 Programming/scripting
+1 Observance
+1 Melee weapons (Includes Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool)

NoctisVampire: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife.
+1 Programming/Scripting
+1 Improvisation
+1 Charisma/personality

Flintus10: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Walther P99, Univeral Screwdriver, very old label maker.
+1 Lockpicking
+1 Hardware and network matainance
+1 Handguns

Nuker w: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver.

+1 Hardware & network maintainance
+1 Programing/scripting
+1 Basic Electronics & Soldering

Qwertyuiopas: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife, Universal Screwdriver.
+1 Programming/scripting
+1 Hardware & network maintainance (comes with a Universal Screwdriver)
+1 Improvisation (includes Futuristic Swiss Army Knife)

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2010, 09:32:19 am »

Now will be a good time to start regrouping!
If others decide to stay, then look for useful stuff around.
If others decided to leave, then follow others, and use the cellphone-AM-radio to search for electric sources/traps along the way.

A standard AM radio is usable tracing powered AC wires inside the wall/strong EM emitter like a powered electric oven in real life...I've done that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2010, 12:38:34 pm »

I vote we group up and head to the backup generator.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2010, 01:53:20 am »

Write a "HELP!" message on a piece of paper and turn it into an aeroplane and throw it out the window. And makie sure to keep up with the others.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32