Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32

Author Topic: RTD: Hell Desk  (Read 43994 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Hell Desk
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2010, 10:44:47 pm »

Wait, ignore that.  I misunderstood your statement.  New action:

Get the robot to replace the compressor battery so as to fire up the elevator.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2010, 04:01:48 am »

Thinking about the saying "curiosity killed the cat" I try... again

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2010, 06:25:31 am »

Flintus, you have a pistol.

So I do...Thanks for pointing that out.

I will continue searching for anyone else in this office.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2010, 10:41:13 am »

Frelock: 5

You solder together some old solar panels to make a solar cell (recharges 10 units of power per turn).

Inventory:
Frelock: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, multifunction calculator/battery charger, Swiss Army Knife, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver, hand-crank recharger.
+1 Hardware & Network Maintainance
+1 Basic Electronics and Soldering
+1 Improvisation

*coughing*
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2010, 07:38:04 pm »

Qwertyuiopas: Use tie to counter leg break.
Flintus10: I will continue searching for anyone else in this office.
Noctis: Continue looking around for useful stuff that could improve the function of my Swiss Army Knife. Follow others if they decide to move, and be aware of the situation all the time.
Frelock: Improvise an exoskeleton for my broken legs.
Toaster: Get the robot to replace the compressor battery so as to fire up the elevator.
nuker: Thinking about the saying "curiosity killed the cat" I try... again

Qwertyuiopas: 6

Using your tie and some bits of wood, you make yourself a pair of splints. Using some more wood and glue you make external replacements for the bone inside.
It should hold your weight easily, but it'll slow you down tremendously (-2 to running away, dodging, etc.)

Flintus10: 1

You walk over to the window again, and reason that all those paper airplanes have to be coming from somewhere. There's still a continuous flow of them.
A bird flies through the open window and hits you in the face, knocking you over.

Noctis: 1

You find nothing, and step on a rake.

METUL GHEER

You begin to bolt bits of metal and servos together. The robot notices what you're doing and comes over to help. Basing your designs on an old homemade exoskeleton you saw in Popular Mechanics magazine, you make yourself a full exo-suit, giving you enhanced lifting capabilities as well as making limb breakage irrelevant.

Toaster: 3

You instruct the robot to fix the compressor. It stands up, hefts its one ton charging station over its shoulder, and waddles over to the chemicals. It fixes up a wet-cell battery, hooks it up to the compressor, and starts the engine.
He then goes to assist Frelock with his power suit.

Nuker: 1

You continue to ponder, not noticing that you have sat on a piece of spit-out chewing gum.

Power:

Flashlight (Noctis)
496 units (2 D-cells, 1.5V)

Flashlight (Toaster)
496 units (2 D-cells, 1.5V)

ColdHeat (Frelock)
49 units (1 AA rechargable, 1.5V)

ColdHeat (Nuker)

Multifunction Calculator & Battery Charger

Not plugged in to mains.
1980 units (Rechargable, 12V)

Health:

All players in good condition.

Inventory:

Frelock: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, multifunction calculator/battery charger, Swiss Army Knife, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver, hand-crank recharger, solar recharger.
+1 Improvisation
Power Exoskeleton (+1 to lifting, renders limb breakage irrelevant)

Toaster: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Wooden LART, power drill, cat5, and speaker wire.
+1 Programming/scripting
+1 Observance
+1 Melee weapons (Includes Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool)

NoctisVampire: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife(capable of forming any implement the size of a shortsword).
+1 Programming/Scripting
+1 Improvisation
+1 Charisma/personality

Flintus10: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Walther P99, Univeral Screwdriver, very old label maker.
+1 Lockpicking
+1 Hardware and network matainance
+1 Handguns

Nuker w: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver.

+1 Hardware & network maintainance
+1 Programing/scripting
+1 Basic Electronics & Soldering

Qwertyuiopas: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife, Universal Screwdriver.
+1 Programming/scripting
+1 Hardware & network maintainance (comes with a Universal Screwdriver)
+1 Improvisation (includes Futuristic Swiss Army Knife)
Leg broken, using external support (-2 to running and dodging)
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 12, 2010, 11:27:42 pm »

I look for an MP3 player and some speakers to use with my speaker wire to hook on to Frelock so he can lay down a funky beat while we work.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2010, 12:17:04 am »

Improvise a few electro-magnets onto my exoskeleton so I can climb metal surfaces.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2010, 01:36:41 am »

Improvise a pair of insulated boot and glove, from the material that can be found nearby.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2010, 04:46:01 am »

look for something sturdy to tie around my waist and attatch to something else.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2010, 04:40:09 pm »

>Construct a large folding solar panel, with an output voltage setting.
Eh?
Eh!

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2010, 10:49:38 pm »

Get it together! Wack myself, AND MAKE ME A BOMB

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2010, 10:21:31 am »

Toaster: I look for an MP3 player and some speakers to use with my speaker wire to hook on to Frelock so he can lay down a funky beat while we work.
Frelock: Improvise a few electro-magnets onto my exoskeleton so I can climb metal surfaces.
Noctis: Improvise a pair of insulated boot and glove, from the material that can be found nearby.
Flintus: look for something sturdy to tie around my waist and attatch to something else.
Qwertyuiopas: Construct a large folding solar panel, with an output voltage setting.
Nuker: Get it together! Wack myself, AND MAKE ME A BOMB

Toaster: 6

You find a midi keyboard, a small computer, and some heavy-duty speakers. Frelock absolutely refuses to allow you to attatch the system to his exoskeleton.
You crank some epic chiptunes on your new instrument.

Taking some inspiration from a 21'st century engineering television show, you attatch some extra-heavy duty electromagnets to your exoskeleton. They consume about 100 units of power each time one is used. This means about 400 units of power is needed for each meter scaled. Possibly more, if extreme weight is to be carried. You can also use them to lift things that you normally wouldn't be able to grip.
You decide to test them out, hooking up your multifunction to the air compressor and using it as a power source.
With *BANG* these *BANG* you can *BANG* probably *BANG* scale *BANG* ducts *BANG* and met*BANG*al walls *BANG* covert*BANG*ly.
Better make sure the guards are deaf before you try.

Noctis: 2

Most of the nearby material is metal, and that dosn't insulate. Even the plastics, which you might be able to mould into a boot-like shape, would be very uncomfortable as footwear. Better just stick with the rubber soles you have on now.

Flintus: 5

You attach some ultra-strong steel cable to your waist and tie the other end to the compressor. There's a pretty large roll of it here, you decide to take a few meters of it with you.

Qwertyuiopas: 2

You totally fail to figure out how Frelock made a solar panel.

Nuker: 6 (DAMNIT CUT THAT OUT)

Still not detered by your recent string of accidents, you decide to mix some axplozivez again.

Hydrogen peroxide is an oxidizer... acetone looks like it burns heartily... You mix these two together.
After a few minutes of stirring and boiling, you manage to boil the mixture down to some white powder. "Hey look guys, I made something!"
Everyone takes cover. You light a match and light some of the mixture.
*BANG*
Roll to not get blown up: Nuker: 1 Qwertyuiopas: 3 Flintus: 1 Noctis: 5 Frelock: 4 Toaster: 2

You, being the one lighting the explosive, and Flintus, being anchored and therefore incapable of running away, suffer breakages in every rib and some internal bleeding. Toaster gets hit by some shrapnel, hitting him in the leg.
Everyone else manages to escape serious harm. You should really stop mixing explosives, or at least read a book on the subject. You are starting to figure out basic chemistry.

Power:

Flashlight (Noctis)
495 units (2 D-cells, 1.5V)

Flashlight (Toaster)
495 units (2 D-cells, 1.5V)

ColdHeat (Frelock)

ColdHeat (Nuker)

Multifunction Calculator & Battery Charger

Hooked up to compressor engine.
2000 units (Rechargable, 12V)

Health:

Nuker & Flintus: Rib fractures, internal bleeding
Toaster: Shrapnel in leg (-1 to running and dodging)

Inventory:

Frelock: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, multifunction calculator/battery charger, Swiss Army Knife, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver, hand-crank recharger, solar recharger.
+1 Improvisation
Power Exoskeleton (+1 to lifting, renders limb breakage irrelevant)
Electromagnet attachments (Allows climbing metal walls at the cost of 400 units of power per meter, +1 to lifting metal objects)

Toaster: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Wooden LART, power drill, cat5, and speaker wire.
+1 Programming/scripting
+1 Observance
+1 Melee weapons (Includes Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool)

NoctisVampire: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife(capable of forming any implement the size of a shortsword).
+1 Programming/Scripting
+1 Improvisation
+1 Charisma/personality

Flintus10: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Walther P99, Univeral Screwdriver, very old label maker, 20 meters of steel cable.
+1 Lockpicking
+1 Hardware and network matainance
+1 Handguns

Nuker w: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver.

+1 Hardware & network maintainance
+1 Programing/scripting
+1 Basic Electronics & Soldering
+1 Basic Chemistry

Qwertyuiopas: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife, Universal Screwdriver.
+1 Programming/scripting
+1 Hardware & network maintainance (comes with a Universal Screwdriver)
+1 Improvisation (includes Futuristic Swiss Army Knife)
Leg broken, using external support (-2 to running and dodging)
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2010, 10:39:15 am »

I rig up a harness for my instrument so I can carry it on my back.

I'll figure out power for it later.  Also, my jar of thermite vanished from my inventory at some point.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2010, 03:24:48 pm »

See if I can improvise a harness that allows me to carry the air compressor with me.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2010, 03:29:50 pm »

Spit blood out and try to find something to support me
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32