Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fun with the new injury system  (Read 913 times)

koruth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fun with the new injury system
« on: May 20, 2010, 11:34:26 pm »

Hullo; I've been playing since 40d, though I don't post here often.  Heard from a friend that DF2010 was out, and have been (mostly) enjoying myself acclimating to it.  I'm not so sure about the new injury system though, or possibly just how it interacts with wrestlers...

I'm a bit rusty, and the last forts I played before giving DF a break were low-population (10 dorfs or less) forts, so I'd more or less forgotten how to feed a large population.  Long story short, I needed to keep a few waves of immigrants out to avert mass starvation while my farmers trained.  This has had more or less predictable results; starvation, insanity, and all the 'unlucky' dorfs in general experiencing their own personal brand of Fun.

One case in particular caught my eye; an engraver went berserk, and started strangling an armorer, dragging her down into the channel.  He's been strangling her for something close to half a year now.  All her body parts are either bright yellow or red.  And her injury list...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It goes on for about 4 1/2 pages.  I'm starting to suspect both the strangler and the victim are gonna starve to death before he actually finishes strangling her.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fun with the new injury system
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 11:37:49 pm »

strangling takes a while, even for a legendary wrestler. The victim should be long dead irl, but it seems that only suffocation, decapitation, being chopped in half, and brain damage are fatal in this version.

koruth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 11:45:34 pm »

Yyyyup.

Reminds me a bit of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 11:51:38 pm »

I have had a flaming plump helmet man running around my caverns for 4 years now. I like to think of him as a lovable mascot.
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 11:55:07 pm »

wait...a giant piece of food has been running down there for 4 years and nothing has eaten it? I mean, its pre cooked for god's sake!