Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lost world save?  (Read 766 times)

Deto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lost world save?
« on: May 20, 2010, 12:49:00 am »

I was happily fiddling around with 0.31.04 ver, building my very best fortress (as always) and I decided to make a save. While saving however, DF crashed. Now after restarting the game, the save isn't under 'Continue' nor behind 'Reclaim'. Looking at the folder the save is still there though.

Any ideas how I can fix / rebuild the save? :)

Not that I mind, I can always start a new fortress but I really loved the zone :D

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lost world save?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 03:56:15 am »

If you can't reclaim, my guess is that the area still/again is up for embarking. So you could re-embark there, or if that's not possible, regen the same world (go into legends, and export something, can't remember what, but it should be clear) and then embark on the same spot.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Deto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lost world save?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 04:07:08 am »

If you can't reclaim, my guess is that the area still/again is up for embarking. So you could re-embark there, or if that's not possible, regen the same world (go into legends, and export something, can't remember what, but it should be clear) and then embark on the same spot.

Saddly I cannot access the 'world' itself at all via DF client :(

Looking at the region files itself the world.sav file is 704kb, but its only full of empty spaces... so I guess its gone, damn :(