Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Party System...?  (Read 1127 times)

The Party System...?
« on: May 20, 2010, 12:09:14 am »

So, I'm kinda confused about how the party system works in adventure mode. I've been told you can have up to twelve people in your party, but I've never been able to command a party of any more than three people. In my current adventure I've got a hammerman and a lasher and every subsequent fighter I ask to join me tells me that they don't want to because they might not get a share of the glory, or words to that effect.

Is there any way to recruit more people or do I need to do something to raise the member cap?
Hey, look what I did!
Dr. Melon cancels read post: spelling incredibly poor.

Bronzebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Party System...?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 06:42:39 am »

Huh. I haven't tried that yet, but that would indicate that Toady's limited the number of meat shields you can have around now. Probably to make things more balanced. I'm not sure, but to throw something out there, there may be something in the init file that sets the limit of allowable people in your party; finding and changing that might do the trick. If not, looks like you're stuck with just three.

By the way, OMFG. YOU SO DID NOT KILL A BRONZE COLOSSUS WITH A FLUFFY WAMBLER. HAHA. NO WAY. NO WAY. Ahem. Sorry.

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Party System...?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 10:06:39 am »

Huh. I haven't tried that yet, but that would indicate that Toady's limited the number of meat shields you can have around now. Probably to make things more balanced. I'm not sure, but to throw something out there, there may be something in the init file that sets the limit of allowable people in your party; finding and changing that might do the trick. If not, looks like you're stuck with just three.

By the way, OMFG. YOU SO DID NOT KILL A BRONZE COLOSSUS WITH A FLUFFY WAMBLER. HAHA. NO WAY. NO WAY. Ahem. Sorry.

More people will join up as your skill and reputation increases. And FYI, you can kill Bronze Colossi by severing their heads - you can't sever the head without throwing something or shooting. And wamblers are HEAVY.