Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Problem with stockpiles, particularly the enter key... Need help!  (Read 695 times)

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello, I am brand new to DF, but let me say I love it so far. I am using May Green's tileset (ASCII is not easy on the eyes) and whenever I try to set a stockpile, I get through the menu, but when I need to press enter, no matter HOW many times I do it, it never works. This happens from time to time with other stuff (cannot remember what) and it is a real nuisance.

Also, I modded my -+ keys to ~ and Shift+Tab, however changing them back did not help. NO other keybinds are different.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with stockpiles, particularly the enter key... Need help!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 09:00:42 am »

Well make sure you are pressing once only (check you key-repeat setting on Windows if necessary ). Make sure you dont have caps lock on, or control or alt stuck down.

Press once then move the cursor with arrow keys or shift-arrow to move in larger steps. You should have a flashing green cursor where you pressed return the 1st time. Press return again to fill the area betwee nthe 2 cursor with a stockpile.

Dang it just realised:  is your floor covered in stuff ( rocks etc )? Theres a bug where the stockpile notification tiles dont show up under other objects. In the main menu press 'k' to go into "look" mode, moving the cursor over your placed pile should tell you if its there, alternativly goto the 'q' building/task inspection menu and see if you can change the settings for your pile.

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with stockpiles, particularly the enter key... Need help!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 01:19:57 pm »

Yeah figured it out, thanks. Starting up my fortress, going through some growing pains but mostly good. Eager to set up A small, 100 ish dwarf fortress with a rocking military, and tons of preset panic rooms ect so I can piss off everyone and just do constant sieges. :)