Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A bit of a problem  (Read 321 times)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A bit of a problem
« on: May 19, 2010, 12:49:00 pm »

I've decided to do a hermit fort in the new version.

I selected one dwarf to be the hermit, and I had him wall off the other six. Unfortunately, since they were walled off next to a pond, they have access to water, and they've been successful enough in hunting vermin to stick around till early summer. One of them died halfway through the month.

Unfortunately, the hermit dwarf has gotten the task "attend meeting". He'll go and get some food or a drink, but he just sits there, trying to attend a meeting. The problem is, I don't know how to get him to stop attending this damn meeting. Is there any way to fix it? I'm not against using utilities like dwaft therapist if neccesary.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: A bit of a problem
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 02:43:07 pm »

Magma?

I might have to think about.... non... mag... ma... solutions for a bit. This could take a while actually..

How about cave in traps? take all your worthless/Dwarves, build a ceiling/floor over all of them. Make it so that it is supported by one support. Connect the support to a lever that is under the ceiling/floor. Make a burrow and assign all unwanted dwarves to it. Did I mention the burrow is under the ceiling floor?

Order the lever pulled with them all under the ceiling/floor.

Squish, groan, problem solved. :D

Still needs magma....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.