Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Loose Thread -- !E47lP047@Tradus.preeli  (Read 14747 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Thread -- !E47lP047@Tradus.preeli
« Reply #195 on: June 14, 2010, 10:48:45 pm »

Hm, maybe dragnar can "tame" them by making them have a high level of happiness/love when they see us? Just a thought.

Any other not-as-dangerous jobs that pay for a lot?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 14, 2010, 10:50:31 pm »

I doubt it. From his description they probably aren't intelligent enough to be effected.

Hunting one sounds like a good idea, but we had better not try that til we are a bit more sure of our powers. How long will it take you to get to that tournament you mentioned?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 14, 2010, 10:51:51 pm »

Hm, maybe dragnar can "tame" them by making them have a high level of happiness/love when they see us? Just a thought.

Any other not-as-dangerous jobs that pay for a lot?
Do non-dangerous jobs pay a lot in your world?

I doubt it. From his description they probably aren't intelligent enough to be effected.

Hunting one sounds like a good idea, but we had better not try that til we are a bit more sure of our powers. How long will it take you to get to that tournament you mentioned?

Fifteen minutes, I think. I couldn't get the day off to go watch it. I hope my boss doesn't find out.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 14, 2010, 10:52:57 pm »

Depends. If it takes a lot of skill, it usually pays a lot.

Now stop avoiding my question.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2010, 10:56:07 pm »

Even very simple creatures can experience love and such, can't they?
Yes, a lot of very safe jobs pay a very large amount in our world, like being a thing called an engineer. But you need to have a lot of experience and knowledge for that.
Colin, what do you mean they get imprinted? Do you mean that to have a good chance of success, you'd have to fight a mire dragon alone and kill it in a few minutes?
What jobs do you know of that pay moderately well, not as much as mire dragon hunting, but still pretty well, and are safe?

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 14, 2010, 10:58:34 pm »

Depends. If it takes a lot of skill, it usually pays a lot.

Now stop avoiding my question.

I'm not qualified to work at jobs that pay a lot of money for little risk. There's not a lot of jobs out there, anyway. You're either a peer and get money from owning land or public office, or you're a worker.
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 14, 2010, 10:59:05 pm »

greater risk = greater reward, but I don't think we're ready to fight a mire dragon. Head for that tournament, I'll make sure your boss understands later.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 14, 2010, 11:03:28 pm »

Even very simple creatures can experience love and such, can't they?
Colin, what do you mean they get imprinted? Do you mean that to have a good chance of success, you'd have to fight a mire dragon alone and kill it in a few minutes?
Things with a lot of great magic in them imprint on whoever takes them out of the animal they were in, or holds them for a little bit. You can't make things with magic from two different sources, the same person has to collect all of the material and have the imprints.

greater risk = greater reward, but I don't think we're ready to fight a mire dragon. Head for that tournament, I'll make sure your boss understands later.
Okay, I'm on my way. I'll be there when you guys next talk to me.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 14, 2010, 11:10:33 pm »

Um, it doesn't really matter any more, but couldn't the captains just come along and grab the teeth as soon as the dragon died?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 14, 2010, 11:39:33 pm »

Arrive at the arena.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 15, 2010, 01:03:25 am »

Colin, this may be a bit strange for you, but hopefully not as strange as everything else that has happened.

>Magic Activate

Just so I can see what it does.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 15, 2010, 01:14:36 am »

sweeeeeeeeet

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 15, 2010, 04:18:08 am »

Can I join this?

Info power
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 15, 2010, 01:34:09 pm »

You joined this ages ago, Armok. You got a power where you could make blood come from the walls, whined about it, shouted at the narrator to realize he's in a forum game, got annoyed when the GM didn't do it, whined about how he was ignoring you, and left.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 15, 2010, 01:37:23 pm »

(I can get another random power? Please give me that in that case!!!

Also, we KNOW that he has "magic google" from being a PC, it has been used alredy a lot and seems to be a big part of the games premise even.)
info on  my new power
msg ServerOP_!*@server.helpfulnessity: Okay, so the BBEG's are the most powerful, and chaotic, correct? They are are enemies. The aPCs are also our enemies, wanting to destroy Tradus, but we may be able to form an alliance against the BBEGs with them... is that right? How can we fight them?

** ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity> Finally getting around to this ticket.
** ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity> S1vsTgoB, you're now, sol.wing instead of sol.blood.
** ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity> .blood just got gobbled up by a new chadlass player, so I doubt you'll see it again.
** ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity> By using the "> Magic Activate" command you give your PC a minute of flight. It has a bit of a backlash in that it has to draw its magic from its surroundings, but that may be to your advantage.
** ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity> I've been looking through your logs, and I think you guys should be brought up to speed on something.
** ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity> Have fun
** ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity> > AccessFile("437256210.5483746352.667")

-- Information: [The Conflict]
Beginning in the Grand Singularity's 10871th decade, we began exploring other universes by way of the 14^83,627,193,847,645,271)(91 theory. The massive difference in physical and energy properties between each universe were difficult to overcome without an entirely new form of interface. Eventually, we figured it out. We don't think it's difficult to understand, but then again, only our universe appears to have the Finisit element needed to make our solution work.

It was inevitable that we would come upon a universe slowly dying from the gravitational collapse following its birth and cresting. We assumed we were unique despite all contradictions that began to emerge during out explorations. The universe we found was ruled by a species that had made use of their easier FTL physics model. They had tried in vain for years to figure out how to make their universe stop collapsing, and only after we made contact did we realise we were their solution.

They reverse engineered our designs, and began threading into other compatible universes they found on our maps. Magic exists in their universe, but they designed a buffer shield to block our attempts to funnel death at them. We call them the BBEGs. We call them something else, but that's the easiest name to use. Conventional RPG terms work well here. Your culture shares the fifth commonest story template in its fate structures making this fairly easy to explain.

They have been threading into universes that have magic in them for about a million years now, and the Grand Singularity is only immune due to its lack of said weakness. They suck the worlds they find dry of magical energy, send it back to their home universe, and use it fuel the massive spell they stop their great gravity death with.

The Grand Singularity has found two methods to stop this: Kill every living thing within the universes that contain magic, funnel the collected magic into a buffer reality, and use it to fuel a spell we've designed to collapse the BBEG universe in on itself. Alternatively, kill every thread they send early to stop new connections from forming for a long time. aPCs work towards the former, and PCs the latter. Both of them have pros and cons, and are mutually exclusive: It takes too long to do a full life cleansing to hope to destabilize a BBEG connection early, and it takes a lot of difficult fighting to destabilize a connection. There is also the risk of full connection loss if a battle with the BBEG is lost.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16