Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Loose Thread -- !E47lP047@Tradus.preeli  (Read 14768 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Thread -- !E47lP047@Tradus.preeli
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2010, 12:18:44 am »

We can't fight if we're dead. We should do it when we are not in such a bad position.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2010, 12:27:50 am »

Yes, that's a good point...
How about we get Colin to a pretty safe distance, and fight with our powers from afar? I can try to weaponize ranged sort of things (rock->shuriken, stick->javelin) or something to help out. I really think we need to take these guys out, and while this is pretty meta, I don't think the GM would let us have so many weapon powers, then throw enemies at us just to force us to run away.
Again, you need to say > magic ground: projectiles

info sword
magic weapons.iron.generic[quality="low"]
msg servop* This slush thing lets you disrupt objects. What does that mean? Also, what's the format for a earth power? How do you say what you want to affect and how?

Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2010, 12:29:01 am »

(I'm a genius? Yay!)
(Bad position? It looks like chadlass controls MANY "loose threads" meaning the players are spread out. all of us are here, we can crush them.)

Alright colin, one of us just turned your hands into weapons(lets hope you can reverse that cheddarius...) so go help markus, these guys will beat him, but you should be stronger now. Also They are afraid of you, just trust me on that one.

> magic chadlass_attackers fear colin moderate_to_high(don't want them panicking and running away, but flinching is good)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2010, 12:31:09 am »

We should at least weaken them from a distance.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2010, 12:34:12 am »

Good idea, Dragnar, excellent implementation.

Yeah, let's use our fury and earth attacks from a distance. The others can meatshield, especially with Spikey's new swordhand. Once they're almost down, we can join in.

I say this again, Willfor. This game is a truly incredible idea. To hurl the players into an unknown universe, leave them bewildered, but slowly let them find the truth... thrust these powers upon them, and force them to band together for the common good... By god, this is surely one of the finest games I've seen in a while, and the immersion factor is truly excellent.

Spoiler: Information (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 12:51:28 am by Cheddarius »

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2010, 12:39:09 am »

Quote from: !R1ss404l@sol.sharp
info putty
-- Information: [sol.putty]
A designation for magic that can be used by this being when connected to a client. Using this magic, the physical properties of an object around the PC can be adjusted for levels of stickiness or bounciness. Requires sentence format started with "> Magic".

They want to destroy all of Tradus.
Listen, you're important to us. Through you, we can keep Tradus alive. If you want to save your world, you have to run at them, but be careful. We'll help you out.

Tarran, use your earth wave, we have to fend them off! We can't just run, or they'll start destroying Tradus!

msg ServerOP_!*@server.helpfulnessity: Okay, so the BBEG's are the most powerful, and chaotic, correct? They are are enemies. The aPCs are also our enemies, wanting to destroy Tradus, but we may be able to form an alliance against the BBEGs with them... is that right? How can we fight them?

magic Spikey_right_hand

Whoa, the dog's paw just got really sharp, and --

** !j4rr4xu7@chadlass.smoke.dance: Hi
** !j4rr4xu7@chadlass.smoke.dance: magic sidestep fiesta 75%

Uh, crap, the man the dog was running at just managed to -- how the hell did he dodge so fast??

** !hFF77al@chadlass.spear.light: :)
** !hFF77al@chadlass.spear.light: > Magic beam doggy

... running seems like a very good plan to me! oh gods oh gods oh gods

info sword
magic weapons.iron.generic[quality="low"]
msg servop* This slush thing lets you disrupt objects. What does that mean? Also, what's the format for a earth power? How do you say what you want to affect and how?
-- Ticket submitted
-- Information: [sol.sword]
A designation for magic that can be used by this being when connected to a client. A magic sword made of any element that radiates any energy type appears in the PC's right hand for ten seconds. Syntax: "> Magic [element] [energy]" -- Syntax adaptable

Woah, wait, all of these all of these weapons got all spiky, and razory...

Quote from: !rag137na@sol.fury
(I'm a genius? Yay!)
(Bad position? It looks like chadlass controls MANY "loose threads" meaning the players are spread out. all of us are here, we can crush them.)

Alright colin, one of us just turned your hands into weapons(lets hope you can reverse that cheddarius...) so go help markus, these guys will beat him, but you should be stronger now. Also They are afraid of you, just trust me on that one.

> magic chadlass_attackers fear colin moderate_to_high(don't want them panicking and running away, but flinching is good)

Woah, I can't see the look in their eyes, but the two people just stepped back a little bit. I think Markus is more confident. His dog isn't going to have an open casket though...
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2010, 12:43:09 am »

Magic Throw_pebbles_at_lightning_speed_at_enemies

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2010, 12:45:52 am »

Magic Throw_pebbles_at_lightning_speed_at_enemies

This part is hard to describe. It's like, beams of light are coming off of me, hitting the ground, and the ground is breaking apart. Then the broken ground gets hit by green light, and are flying towards the two people. Both of them are dodging a lot of them, but at least a couple of bigger pieces of rock have hit. Markus managed to get out of the way, and he's standing to the side.

Those two are looking for ways to get out of the moving rocks.
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2010, 12:47:30 am »

(So they can dodge super well, and shoot lasers. Oh, and Cheddarius: I think colin is a PC, we are players, not sure though)

Keep trying colin, it looks like the fast one will need distracted before you can hit him, so aim for the other one for now.

> magic colin tranquil_fury chadlass_attackers moderate(don't want suicidal levels of confidence... am I going to justify myself every time I put anything but "strong"??)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2010, 12:48:23 am »

Magic Break_walls_near_enemies

Feel my might fools!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2010, 12:53:51 am »

magic table
info preeli

Great job, guys. I don't know what to do, myself... Dragnar, is paralysis a feeling? That could work.
Do you guys have any suggestions of how I can help?

Colin, grab some of those weapons and throw them at the enemies. Make sure to avoid any spears of light they throw at you. Your best bet might be to zigzag toward them and try to cut them down at close range.

Spoiler: Information (click to show/hide)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2010, 01:07:13 am »

Quote from: !rag137na@sol.fury
(So they can dodge super well, and shoot lasers. Oh, and Cheddarius: I think colin is a PC, we are players, not sure though)

Keep trying colin, it looks like the fast one will need distracted before you can hit him, so aim for the other one for now.

> magic colin tranquil_fury chadlass_attackers moderate(don't want suicidal levels of confidence... am I going to justify myself every time I put anything but "strong"??)

Huh, I don't really seem to be as afraid anymore. This is weird.

Quote from: !rrS405s7@sol.earth
Magic Break_walls_near_enemies

Feel my might fools!

Ahh! Giant beam of energy just shot out of me into that wall behind them! Feels like another one is coming up too, but I don't think it's ready. There's a giant crack in the bricks. This whole warehouse is brick... Is it going to be safe to be in here much longer?

magic table
info preeli

Great job, guys. I don't know what to do, myself... Dragnar, is paralysis a feeling? That could work.
Do you guys have any suggestions of how I can help?

Colin, grab some of those weapons and throw them at the enemies. Make sure to avoid any spears of light they throw at you. Your best bet might be to zigzag toward them and try to cut them down at close range.
-- Information: [Tradus.preeli]
A designation for magic that can be used by this being when connected to a client. Preeli allows the user to channel Strasleflass through the ormoctic glands of a Hrylsis being. --[clarification] When a trad is connected to the frame, they connect to the Ursckan system.

Woah, the table in front of me just ... It's like it became one giant weapon! A handle came out from one of it's ends, and all its edges went serrated, and its legs are now very pointy. I don't think I can lift it though?

Uh, I'm not good at throwing. I've picked up a couple of the spike generic swords, and now I'm zigzagging. You guys don't mind if I use the tables for cover? Markus is fighting them. It looks like his magic shield is keeping them at bay...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2010, 01:09:17 am »

Run outside. Now.

Magic Collapse_building

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2010, 01:11:42 am »

Run outside. Now.

Magic Collapse_building
Does that have something to do with what I feel building in my chest? A moment ago it felt like there was another couple of seconds before it was ready to go again, but now it feels like it's going to need a minute to get ready. It's still as powerful as before, but I think whatever you just did needs it to build up a little?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2010, 01:14:15 am »

Alright.

Hide until it's ready.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16