Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Loose Thread -- !E47lP047@Tradus.preeli  (Read 14758 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Thread -- !E47lP047@Tradus.preeli
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2010, 01:51:38 pm »

Aaaaaah! The cryptic messaging hurts! (Not really, just a figure of speech)

The cake is still a lie.

Anyway, what's your people's greatest discoveries?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2010, 01:52:07 pm »

!yKK47k1@sol.meld
PC
NPC

Out of curiousity, how old are you Colin?

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2010, 02:21:14 pm »

Quote from: Tarran
greatest just what's speech)

The of discoveries? lie.

Anyway, (Not hurts! messaging The a cryptic still your is really, Aaaaaah! figure cake people's a
Huh? I thought I answered that question... Like I said, we've been making a lot of amazing discoveries, medicine and fireworks. We can't take credit for things like fire, or the wheel, or other big ones since they happened a long time ago.

We just discovered there's more land across the sea, but only a little information is pouring in about it.

Why is the cake a lie, anyway?

Quote from: !yKK47k1@sol.meld
!yKK47k1@sol.meld
PC
NPC

Out of curiousity, how old are you Colin?
-- Information: [!yKK47k1@sol.meld]
A designation for magic that can be used by this being when connected to a client. Meld allows the creation of a new object by combine properties of two old objects. The syntax for this operation is "> Magic [object 1] [object 2] [*flag]". Flag is optional, and its valid options are "Literal", "Metaphorical", "Literary", and "Fractal".

-- Information: [PC]
A creature identified to have potential for great purpose. PCs are aligned with proexistance factions, and locked to a client. aPCs are aligned with nonexistance factions, and are also locked to clients. The enemy of either of these classes, the BBEGs, are aligned with a non-server faction, and are outside of the scope of Server knowledge. ~*Law*~ note: This requires expansion, most likely. >_>'

-- Information: [NPC]
A creature which has not yet been identified as one that has potential for great purpose.

I'm thirty-two. I know, I know, it's a little old not to have made foreman yet, but I'm working on it. I just have a boss that I really like.

** !Dff401s3@chadlass.sloth: Hey humans, check this out!
-- Loading youtube.API.lib
-- Uploading translated content...
** !Dff401s3@chadlass.sloth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4s60y8Kbdg
** !Dff401s3@chadlass.sloth: A sweet tune to listen to as all of your work goes up in smoke. Just a little bit longer until we trace Colin's position, then we're going to have real fun. ^_^

In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2010, 02:37:16 pm »

!yKK47k1@sol.meld

Can you hear me correctly now?

Colin, someone is trying to find you. Well, we won't let them, because we are GODDAMN HUMANS, YEAH.

Colin, do you have some weapons? Any at all?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2010, 02:41:52 pm »

Quote from: !rrS405s7@sol.earth
!yKK47k1@sol.meld

Can you hear me correctly now?

Colin, someone is trying to find you. Well, we won't let them, because we are GODDAMN HUMANS, YEAH.

Colin, do you have some weapons? Any at all?

Wait, what?

I buy protection so that I don't need to have a weapon in the house... My fiancee doesn't really like the idea of having any around, anyway. Don't you guys have weapons that you can use through me as players?

Also, why are they trying to find me?
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2010, 02:42:56 pm »

Colin- Be careful. You're the main character of a story, but the ending is unknown. It could be a horror story, or a romance, or a comedy, but no matter what, we will do our best to help you. I would give you a name, but that seems to screw around with the system a bit, so no go.

Go home, and act natural. We don't want to strike until we're ready.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2010, 02:48:45 pm »

Quote from: !0eeO11c@sol.sword
Colin- Be careful. You're the main character of a story, but the ending is unknown. It could be a horror story, or a romance, or a comedy, but no matter what, we will do our best to help you. I would give you a name, but that seems to screw around with the system a bit, so no go.

Go home, and act natural. We don't want to strike until we're ready.
I'm home, and I'm trying to act natural.

I don't believe I'm just another part of a story though. If I were just part of a story, would I have thoughts and feelings? Maybe our stories are just really different.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2010, 02:54:38 pm »

!Dff401s3@chadlass.sloth

Colin, would you say that you have any skill in using any sort of weapon?

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2010, 03:03:40 pm »

Quote from: !yKK47k1@sol.meld
!Dff401s3@chadlass.sloth

Colin, would you say that you have any skill in using any sort of weapon?
-- Information: [!Dff401s3@chadlass.sloth]
A designation for energy that can be used by this being when connected to a client. Sloth allows the removal of emotion by the client from anyone surrounding the PC. -- [clarification] [chadlass] The chadlass system is a system of four planets. All of them are gas giants. The second gas giant is inhabited by a race that lives within its liquid Amoshionium [3/12/36th element] layer.

I used to play with fake swords as a kid? I tend to swing a hammer most days? I'm not sure if any of that counts.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2010, 03:24:32 pm »

loose thread

What sorts of weapons could you buy nearby?

Also, ignore the "the cake is a lie" comments. It's a joke from a game on earth.

(Kashyyk: You must create something awesome out of whatever weapons we find. I can probably get Colin a discount.)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2010, 03:25:46 pm »

Colin, do sniper rifles exist on your planet?

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2010, 03:37:27 pm »

Quote from: !rag137na@sol.fury
loose thread

What sorts of weapons could you buy nearby?

Also, ignore the "the cake is a lie" comments. It's a joke from a game on earth.

(Kashyyk: You must create something awesome out of whatever weapons we find. I can probably get Colin a discount.)
-- Information: [loose thread]
A loose thread is a connection to a person identified as one with great potential. By connecting to a loose thread, a collection of users can actively participate in their lives. A connection to a loose thread will generate a PC or an aPC depending on the role the world is to play within the PC's world. A thread can become loose again in the event that signal is lost with the (a)PC, or the PC dies. On signal loss, it's the server end disconnected, allowing the (a)PC to be picked up by anyone. On death of the (a)PC, the client end is disconnected, allowing it to tether to another candidate. All scripts associated with the (a)PC are dropped upon its death.

The miller gang sells weapons they don't use anymore. They've got a warehouse full of things like foreign knives, spears, slings, longbows, swords, maces, and things that don't look like weapons made to kill. They also sell black powder and nitroglycerin, but it's very expensive.

Colin, do sniper rifles exist on your planet?
Whoa, I've never seen one of those before. How do they work? Is the black end pointy? It looks pretty intimidating, but I don't get why it doesn't have anything sharp on it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2010, 03:41:38 pm »

Simple, look though that giant round cylinder on top, aim the small end of the rifle at your enemy, and pull the trigger. A bullet (A bit of flying metal) should shoot so fast you can't see it before it hits your enemy. The reason it has nothing sharp on it is because your enemy should be dead by the time they get that close (Unless you are a horrible shooter).

Look for the best sword you can find.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2010, 03:59:11 pm »

Yes, buy either a sword or a mace, whichever you think you can use better.

Powers syntax(How do I say "make miller gang feel charitable toward colin"?)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2010, 04:09:54 pm »

Simple, look though that giant round cylinder on top, aim the small end of the rifle at your enemy, and pull the trigger. A bullet (A bit of flying metal) should shoot so fast you can't see it before it hits your enemy. The reason it has nothing sharp on it is because your enemy should be dead by the time they get that close (Unless you are a horrible shooter).

Look for the best sword you can find.

Quote from: !rag137na@sol.fury
Yes, buy either a sword or a mace, whichever you think you can use better.

Powers syntax(How do I say "make miller gang feel charitable toward colin"?)

I'm going to meet the Miller gang now. A little bit farther. Spikey looks glad to see me. He's the Miller gang's dog. About half of my size, all muscle, the thing's a beast. It's kind of lovable though. It won't bite unless Markus sicks it on someone. Markus looks surprised I want a weapon. He asked me if I was going to kill anyone. I just told him that it's for self-defense for when I'm away from home.

-- Trace confirmed.
-- aPC within a kilometer.

He brought me into their warehouse, and he's showing me these swords. He says I can have either one of these two on a lease deal so I only have to pay a couple of silver a day for a week.
Spoiler: weapons (click to show/hide)
As long as I don't bring it back broken, he says it's the best deal I'm going to get. He says he's got a magic mace in the back too, but it's pricier.

-- Syntax: [Fury] "> Magic [recipient] [emotion] [target of emotion] [*level of emotion]" -- Syntax adaptable.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16