Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Loose Thread -- !E47lP047@Tradus.preeli  (Read 14746 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Thread -- !E47lP047@Tradus.preeli
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2010, 01:14:50 am »

Great, I have the ability to make people emo

/sarcasm.....
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 01:17:04 am by smjjames »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2010, 01:17:38 am »

Do you know my name yet? My name is Tarran, hello, now can you reference me as Tarran rather than that random text stuff?

Tell us all the magic you know.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2010, 07:09:51 am »

> For each Word in English, interpret "> information [Word]"
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2010, 10:08:10 am »

Quote from: !Gt77zz42@sol.putty
Regarding chemistry:
A good place to start would be determining the temperature. Hmm... Blue sun, probably a bit hotter than our sun... unless it's farther away. Since blue stars are generally larger, then it could look much the same as ours...

So Colin's planet is most likely in the "green belt" or closer, as anything farther will be too cold for very active chemistry... and anything closer would, regardless of adaptation, have wide temperature swings. Tell me, do rocks start to melt around noon? Probably not, they'd make bad building materials.

I myself am very interested in how we are communicating with you. There appears to be some kind of translation going on, unless you somehow understand English (that is, our language). Let's see... ah, here; do you think the words dead, head, lead, and red have anything in common? If you are receiving us directly, they'll sound similar, but if you're receiving something translated, then they will probably sound completely different.

Ah, and it just occurred to me! Time rates! This may sound like a silly question, but about how long ago did that "pile of information" hit you? About an hour?

Cheddarius, be nice to the poor, um... man? So many beeps!
Oh, and to answer your earlier question, Colin, we generally don't have things that put information directly into our heads. Do you have any new metallic things attached to your skull?

It seems that Colin's home is in many ways similar to ours a few hundred years ago. One way to nail down where exactly his people are would be energy sources.
Colin, you mentioned that it gets hot during the summer- what about winter? Does it get cold to the point where you have to make warmth somehow? What do you use to do that?

Ah, still so many basic things to learn! I could ask about moon(s), about any bright, moving, stars, about machines and what shape your world is... but I'll restrain myself. Give your fiancee our greetings- um, actually, probably a bad idea. Best not to worry her unduly.

I'm not sure what you're talking about in the first two things.

No, those words don't sound anything alike. I speak Carnyan. Everything you've been saying has been translated into Carnyan, and if there's no word for it, it's been putting pictures of what you're trying to talk about into my head. I keep getting weird black maps with little circles and star fields in the background.

Three hours, actually! It took my awhile to get home since I don't have a horse, and I held that communication in for awhile.

Huh, I didn't get any beeps... Did you guys try looking up information on stuff? I think it only works for me if I do it myself. How are you guys thinking about this then?

Winter is always cold. We use coal fires to keep warm. We've found a lot of coal pits in our conquests!

Hmm. I'm not sure what to tell her. Being a PC is nothing I ever thought about before I became one. I didn't even know the concept before the information hit me. What does it usually mean in your world? Do you guys have heroes destined to save your world?

Quote from: Tarran
know text yet? now magic Tarran the you us Do is random can My all name you Tarran, as than my reference hello, know. rather stuff?
Weird, I just got a syntax error. You can read this right? If you can read it, it means I can reference your name!

Hi Tarran. There's a lot of magic in the world, and we could be here awhile if I tried to talk about all of it! Most of what I know comes from the little information books you get as a kid while you're in school. Most people who know magic are much smarter than me. I don't even get basic concepts. The one I remember most is Victor Palsley's thingy, (E=MC˛) * (ŧ/Ȼ - (ʆ * ∏)). They learned how to make heavier-than-air airships after he discovered that since gravity magic depends on it. They say if we can get the right energy to power the spell, we can leave the upper heavens into the airless expanse.

It all goes way over my head.

Quote from: !S1vsTgoB@sol.blood
> For each Word in English, interpret "> information [Word]"
-- Loading EnglishDictionary.DICKLIB
-- Buffering...
-- Buffer limit exceeded
-- Command aborted
-- Resolving...
-- Compensating...
-- Information: [English]
A language spoken commonly on the world Earth in the system sol.

-- Information: [British]
A person from Great Briton, a country on Earth in the system sol.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2010, 10:25:17 am »

info !R1ss404l@sol.sharp
!R1ss404l@sol.sharp magic
info magic

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2010, 10:35:31 am »

Quote from: !R1ss404l@sol.sharp
info !R1ss404l@sol.sharp
!R1ss404l@sol.sharp magic
info magic

-- Information [!R1ss404l@sol.sharp] && [!R1ss404l@sol.sharp magic]
A designation for magic that can be used by this being when connected to a client. Sharp allows the user to make any object surrounding the PC into mundane weaponized versions of itself.

-- Parse error
-- Information [sol.magic] -> [@Tradus]
Users connecting from the sol system to Tradus system can channel magic previously unavailable to its universe. It is hoped that these abilities will allow PCs in the Tradus system to overcome their Great Obstacles. Syntax: "> Magic" or "> Energy" or "> Magic target" or "> Energy target" -- Syntax adaptable.
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2010, 10:36:45 am »

((Isn't Armok Scandinavian or Norwegian or something? I think he mentioned that somewhere.))

info !SjMM4as@sol.fury
!SjMM4as@sol.fury magic
info magic

((I KNOW I am copying you cheddarius, I'm just trying to get more info on what exactly I can do, besides make people emo. If I can make people turn into The Hulk, okay, but if not, can I have a different type of magic please?))

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2010, 11:04:43 am »

((Isn't Armok Scandinavian or Norwegian or something? I think he mentioned that somewhere.))

info !SjMM4as@sol.fury
!SjMM4as@sol.fury magic
info magic

((I KNOW I am copying you cheddarius, I'm just trying to get more info on what exactly I can do, besides make people emo. If I can make people turn into The Hulk, okay, but if not, can I have a different type of magic please?))
-- Parsing...
** ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity> Greetings, !SjMM4as@sol.fury :)
** ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity> I interrupted the server's reply because I don't think it will be helpful to you
** ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity> It's job is basic relaying of information, and while we've made it pretty smart it only knows what's useful half of the time
** ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity> It would have given you the same reply as last time, whereas I can explain some things
** ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity> I suppose we should have detailed Fury more in its notes, but I assure you that it's a very powerful social ability. You can plant an emotion (love, hate, envy, friendship) and the strength of that emotion (subtle -> powerful) and the target of the emotion (pet, loved one, god) into a person around your connected thread
** ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity> To put it into more metaphorical terms, you plant [thoughts] into [Dwarves'] [memory]
** ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity> I hope that parsed correctly
** ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity> If you still want to change it, I can do that for you, but this ability will go to the next person who comes down the pipeline as it is one of the few social ones
** ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity> Anyway, I see that a loose thread is about to come up, and I hope your server gets it. We need more sol in the mix, or Tradus looks like it's doomed :(
** ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity> ~*Chaos*~ -:: The help maker

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2010, 11:21:24 am »

((Yea, can I change it please? I still see that one as making people emo.))

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2010, 11:34:05 am »

Quote from: !SjMM4as@sol.acid
((Yea, can I change it please? I still see that one as making people emo.))
** ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity> Your new ability (since by the rules, I can't let you choose, sorry) is Acid. It's a rather direct magic that opens a sphincter portal to the demiplane of acid located in the Ranrhom universe.
** ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity> Since its physics are a little bit different, it may take a few seconds for the material to adapt to its new surroundings. After that, it will eat holes in a great many things. :)
** ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity> ~*Chaos*~ -:: The help maker

-- Acquiring...
-- Acquiring...
-- Thread obtained by another connection
-- Tracing...
-- Thread obtained by yandarius.server.proxy@chadlass.FOO
** !Dff401s3@chadlass.sloth: Hope you don't feel entitled to every thread that pops up. ^_^

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2010, 11:39:59 am »

This looks interesting.

You have mentioned players, and PCs. Did you used to be an NPC?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2010, 11:51:41 am »

Quote from: !rag137na@sol.fury
This looks interesting.

You have mentioned players, and PCs. Did you used to be an NPC?
My information says that anyone who isn't a PC is an NPC. I don't really get the difference.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2010, 01:25:28 pm »

The cake is a lie.

Anyway, what's your people's greatest discoveries?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2010, 01:32:29 pm »

Hey Colin, I'm Kashyyk.

I have a question for you, can you tell who says what to you or does it just appear in your mind?

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2010, 01:41:01 pm »

Quote from: Tarran
lie.

Anyway, is a your discoveries? what's cake people's greatest The
Victor's was pretty important.

We've been making a lot of great strides in medicine since the Arch Emperors became our rulers. It seems like they're curing a new disease every year. Blue plague, [near-Malaria equivalent], Dotsum fever. Did you know there are little bugs inside all of us that move around, and do things? They're so small you can't see them. They cause a lot of problems sometimes, but a lot of them are harmless. A little creepy if you ask me.

Fireworks? Do you guys have those? They're pretty.

Quote from: Kashyyk
appear your can question I'm for you Kashyyk.

I it just tell does Colin, or mind? what Hey to you says have in a who you,
I can tell who tells me what because every thought comes with the name pattern in front of it. It's just hard to think about how to say that back when I'm trying to talk to you guys. Like this.

Er, this.

Ugh, gods dammit!

!yKK47k1@sol.meld

There! That! That's what it comes into me like. Only as a clear picture in my mind, and a set of ideas.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16