Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Loose Thread -- !E47lP047@Tradus.preeli  (Read 14745 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Thread -- !E47lP047@Tradus.preeli
« Reply #210 on: June 15, 2010, 01:44:15 pm »

So what, we're partners with the aPCs? Same goal? This is just a discussion over method, a friggin' flamewar?
> msg !Dff401s3@chadlass.sloth ["Listen. We've got the same goal here. I don't like you trying to kill everyone, but I doubt I can convince you not to. Just kill someone else, all right? We're doing you a service by killing the BBEG threads, you can't deny that. Kill civilians, criminals, whatever. Just don't go for your friends. We'll go for the BBEGs."]

Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Information (click to show/hide)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 15, 2010, 01:48:14 pm »

Um, it doesn't really matter any more, but couldn't the captains just come along and grab the teeth as soon as the dragon died?
If they would get off their high and righteous asses? I guess they could.

Arrive at the arena.
>Magic Activate

Okay, I'm he--

-- Searching...
-- Found: [Vegetable: Root, hard], [Pocket Knife], [Loose Brick: Cement], [Toy: Bear, plush]
-- Blending...
Created (1): [Golem: Bear shape, vegetative body with knives of stone jutting out from its back surrounded with plush fuzz, one foot high, two feet long] -> <Golem name="Truffles" personality="vain;wise;aggressive" master "!E47lP047@Tradus.preeli">

... What?
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 15, 2010, 01:51:36 pm »

One of our guys just made a golem by blending stuff from your surroundings. It wasn't that successful, but now you have a servant or guard, I guess. Its name is Truffles. Have fun.

> add to queue: msg !Dff401s3@chadlass.sloth ["Listen. We've got the same goal here. I don't like you trying to kill everyone, but I doubt I can convince you not to. Just kill someone else, all right? We're doing you a service by killing the BBEG threads, you can't deny that. Kill civilians, criminals, whatever. Just don't go for your friends. We'll go for the BBEGs."]
Hey Willfor, if the BBEGs are too hard right now, feel free to communicate that, with a pm or something maybe, and then we'll blindly attack our allies for the lulz.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 01:55:39 pm by Cheddarius »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 15, 2010, 02:02:29 pm »

> Play Ghostbusters song in Colin's head.

Find the arena master or whoever organizes the matches.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 15, 2010, 02:28:28 pm »

Alright, Solwing is in, ready to rock and solw stuff! 8)

Processing info...

!!!

Plotting...

Proccess01=  While 1: { Magic Collin; wait 59 seconds;}

Proccess02=  while 1: {For ¤player¤ in Sol: { let ¤player¤ invoke wing once}; Wait 5 seconds;}

Everyone, please grant me some invoke rights, preferably by an algorithm like the ones above that gives me a large amount of uses. I have a plan, and it will be awesome.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 02:31:59 pm by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 15, 2010, 02:31:29 pm »

Not unless you tell me your plan first, armok. Oh, and please discussion between us in italics.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 15, 2010, 02:34:39 pm »

metaphors are the usage of isomorphic to explain something, and often context sensitive.
There was once a young girl who said different stories around the tribe shaman than around the studs of the tribe-
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 15, 2010, 02:35:25 pm »

So what, we're partners with the aPCs? Same goal? This is just a discussion over method, a friggin' flamewar?
Not really. Sure, we're both fighting the BBEGs, but that seems to be where the similarity ends. This is more of a three-way war, with the BBEGs the strongest side by far.

Armok... that's a really bad idea. Sure, Colin will be able to fly indefinitely, but anything around him will have something bad happen to it. What exactly that will be is unknown, but having your magic drained can't be a good thing.

metaphors are the usage of isomorphic to explain something, and often context sensitive.
There was once a young girl who said different stories around the tribe shaman than around the studs of the tribe-

...What?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 15, 2010, 03:14:32 pm »

Armok seems to be deliberately being secretive. His plan seems to be basically letting us fly and spam immense quantities of powers, which would make the game pretty boring. I like granting invoke in case I'm offline, but I don't want to abuse it so I can use all the powers a bunch of times.

The BBEG's goal is to destroy everything. The aPC's goal is to stop that by... destroying everything, which I admit is a pretty flawed method (but the idea is that if you destroy a few universes, you can save the rest after the BBEGs die). Our goal is also to stop that by destroying just the BBEG's threads. It would be bad for the aPCs to destroy the Tradus system. But, if we start fighting them, the BBEGs will take advantage of that and destroy everything. We should accept the lesser evil.

Then again, it could make the game pretty boring. I'm willing to be misguided/bad if it makes the game more fun.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 15, 2010, 03:15:45 pm »

>Magic Activate

please be explosion
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 15, 2010, 03:36:31 pm »

Spoiler: OOC, GM dont look (click to show/hide)
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 15, 2010, 03:59:50 pm »

Your idea of awesome is not the same as our idea of awesome. Your idea of awesome is being a jackass because it's "in character". Your idea of awesome is telling all the characters that they're in a game - and then what? We cannot trust what your idea of "awesome" is.
Unless you tell us your plan explicitly, I will not support it - and neither, I think, will the others.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 15, 2010, 05:18:30 pm »

I am with Cheddarius.

msg ServerOP_!chaos@server.helpfulnessity: Hey, I'm a little bit confused here. Do I have any control over what I create with blend, or do I just sit back and let the magic happen?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 21, 2010, 07:47:01 am »

"So now that you're there, what does the arena look like? Is it still active?"
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 21, 2010, 08:46:55 pm »

Hmm. This is certainly interesting.

info power
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine