Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Loose Thread -- !E47lP047@Tradus.preeli  (Read 14750 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Thread -- !E47lP047@Tradus.preeli
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 12:05:17 am »

If you are human, how the heck did you end up where you are now?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 12:15:08 am »

> Maybe you should try to look busy- you don't want anyone thinking you're crazy, just sitting there in the road. Assuming, of course, that you're sane. Incidentally, do you know why the house you're working on fell over?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 12:20:18 am »

Quote from: !rrS405s7@sol.earth
If you are human, how the heck did you end up where you are now?
Uh

> Info human

-- Syntax error

> Information human

OW HOLY SHIT. Ugh. This thing BEEPS at my so loudly when it's putting information into my head. Does it do that to you? Ugh.

Okay, so you're "human", and I'm "tradian". We're just similar.

Quote from: !Gt77zz42@sol.putty
> Maybe you should try to look busy- you don't want anyone thinking you're crazy, just sitting there in the road. Assuming, of course, that you're sane. Incidentally, do you know why the house you're working on fell over?
-- Syntax error
-- No command called "Maybe"
-- Redirecting to ~ !E47lP047@Tradus.preeli

Oh, good idea! Okay, I'm looking like I'm working now. By actually working.

I'm not told why things happen, just that I need to fix them. My foreman might know?
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 12:24:50 am »

Either some computer is an idiot, or you are a cyborg/intelligent AI. What fun!

Any other notable things about you and/or your species? Or do we already know everything about you and/or your species?

Do you have a home?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 12:26:30 am »

Are you carbon based? Silicon based? Uranium? Hydrogen? Oxygen? Nitrogen? Mercury? Iron?

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 12:31:16 am »

Either some computer is an idiot, or you are a cyborg/intelligent AI. What fun!

Any other notable things about you and/or your species? Or do we already know everything about you and/or your species?

Do you have a home?
I don't know what to tell you. What is your species like? I guess I just keep thinking you guys are the same as me. I don't know what's different.

Yeah, I think I have a pretty nice home. My fiancee has been making it pretty spiffy over the past couple of months since we're getting married in two weeks. Two weeks! I'm pumped.

You guys have marriage don't you? I guess you can look it up if you don't know about it.
Quote from: !SjMM4as@sol.fury
Are you carbon based? Silicon based? Uranium? Hydrogen? Oxygen? Nitrogen? Mercury? Iron?

What's Silicon, and Uranium? I know about the others. The natural philosophers tell us we're Carbon, Hydrogen, and Oxygen. With a lot of other small bits mixed in.
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 12:33:44 am »

Go to your home.

Yes, we have marriage. Not sure it's the same as your marriage though.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 12:40:03 am »

Go to your home.

Yes, we have marriage. Not sure it's the same as your marriage though.
I just told my foreman that I'm feeling a little sick, and since I've been pretty honest in life, he believed me. I'm on my way home now. It isn't very far.

Doo dee doo.

Oh, hey, if I keep my thoughts bundled up, I can hold off sending a message to you guys for as long as I want.

Okay, I am home. I guess I should describe it? It's a single floor house made of adobe-sealed limestone. There's wooden beams inside to help hold the roof up. It gets hot in the summer, and so we sleep on the roof. I live in a pretty good neighborhood for what I can afford. There's only a little bit of crime. I buy protection from the Miller gang, and so I can put a sign up in my window that tells thieves they'll be missing a hand if they rob me. It tells the police that too, in case they think of robbing me too.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 12:41:59 am »

Do you have a computer? If yes, then play the best game in the known universe; DWARF FORTRESS!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 12:43:52 am »

info tradus system
info preeli
info sol.fury
info sol.slush
info sol.earth
info !E47lP047@Tradus.preeli
info Colin
info !E47lP047@Tradus.preeli: limbs
info Carnabastis
info natural philosophers

Colin, do you understand how, when things are far away, they look smaller? Well, those stars are just like the big ball of light. But they're so far away, they look very, very small! That's why they're not very bright. You might find it hard to believe - I even can't comprehend it, I just know it. They're just so far away. In our world, our big ball is called the Sun, just like yours.
These "natural philosophers" - what do they know about the stuff in the sky? How do they know things? In our world, I think they're called "scientists".

Guys, he's on a B-class star.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 12:45:46 am »

I know that, though it would be nice to know where it is on the Yerkes spectral classification.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 12:53:05 am »

On the HR diagram, it could be an A-class star, I guess we can safely assume a main sequence star.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 12:55:47 am »

Hah, no way you could assume it's a main sequence star, it could be a blue giant for all we know. And his planet could just be very far away. ;)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2010, 12:58:54 am »

Regarding chemistry:
A good place to start would be determining the temperature. Hmm... Blue sun, probably a bit hotter than our sun... unless it's farther away. Since blue stars are generally larger, then it could look much the same as ours...

So Colin's planet is most likely in the "green belt" or closer, as anything farther will be too cold for very active chemistry... and anything closer would, regardless of adaptation, have wide temperature swings. Tell me, do rocks start to melt around noon? Probably not, they'd make bad building materials.

I myself am very interested in how we are communicating with you. There appears to be some kind of translation going on, unless you somehow understand English (that is, our language). Let's see... ah, here; do you think the words dead, head, lead, and red have anything in common? If you are receiving us directly, they'll sound similar, but if you're receiving something translated, then they will probably sound completely different.

Ah, and it just occurred to me! Time rates! This may sound like a silly question, but about how long ago did that "pile of information" hit you? About an hour?

Cheddarius, be nice to the poor, um... man? So many beeps!
Oh, and to answer your earlier question, Colin, we generally don't have things that put information directly into our heads. Do you have any new metallic things attached to your skull?

It seems that Colin's home is in many ways similar to ours a few hundred years ago. One way to nail down where exactly his people are would be energy sources.
Colin, you mentioned that it gets hot during the summer- what about winter? Does it get cold to the point where you have to make warmth somehow? What do you use to do that?

Ah, still so many basic things to learn! I could ask about moon(s), about any bright, moving, stars, about machines and what shape your world is... but I'll restrain myself. Give your fiancee our greetings- um, actually, probably a bad idea. Best not to worry her unduly.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2010, 01:13:10 am »

Do you have a computer? If yes, then play the best game in the known universe; DWARF FORTRESS!

A what now?

> Information computer

owwwwwww Okay, it's not as bad now. Maybe I'm getting used to it?

You mean you guys have logic machines that don't need magic? Our logic machines are locked up tight at the universities, and on the airships. Why would I have one in my house though? I don't have anything that runs on magic, so I don't need anything to tell me how to build a spell to run it.

Quote from: !R1ss404l@sol.sharp
info tradus system
info preeli
info sol.fury
info sol.slush
info sol.earth
info !E47lP047@Tradus.preeli
info Colin
info !E47lP047@Tradus.preeli: limbs
info Carnabastis
info natural philosophers

Colin, do you understand how, when things are far away, they look smaller? Well, those stars are just like the big ball of light. But they're so far away, they look very, very small! That's why they're not very bright. You might find it hard to believe - I even can't comprehend it, I just know it. They're just so far away. In our world, our big ball is called the Sun, just like yours.
These "natural philosophers" - what do they know about the stuff in the sky? How do they know things? In our world, I think they're called "scientists".

Guys, he's on a B-class star.
-- Syntax adaption --bold
-- Compensating ...
-- Information: [tradus system]
The Tradus system is comprised of six planets; five gas giants in an outer rim and one smaller planet with sulfurous atmosphere close to its star. There is an additional Planet-sized object within the asteroid belt between the first and second giants. It has not cleared its neighborhood, and cannot be classified as a planet. It is protected by a magical field the pulls asteroids into an non-disastrous path around the object.

-- Information: [preeli]
A designation for magic that can be used by this being when connected to a client. Preeli allows the user to channel Strasleflass through the ormoctic glands of a Hrylsis being. --[clarification] When a trad is connected to the frame, they connect to the Ursckan system.

-- Information: [sol.fury]
A designation for energy that can be used by this being when connected to a client. Fury allows the user to raise the emotional level of anyone in contact with his PC.

-- Information: [sol.slush]
A designation for magic that can be used by this being when connected to a client. Slush allows the user to disrupt solid objects around his PC.

-- Information: [sol.earth]
A designation for energy that can be used by this being when connected to a client. Earth allows the user to force rock-like objects away from the PC.

-- Information: [!E47lP047@Tradus.preeli]
Colin.

-- Information: [Colin]
!E47lP047@Tradus.preeli.

-- Information: [!E47lP047@Tradus.preeli: limbs]
Tradian limbs. -- [clarification] Human-like limbs.

-- Information: [Carnabastis]
An empire whose influence has grown over the past two hundred years. Ruled by a lich who has secretly passed himself off successfully as a tradian without anyone being the wiser. He's secretly managed to turn the expansionist-colonial empire into a orderly force that prevents the surrounding area from descending into barbarism from tribal conflicts.

-- Information: [Natural Philosophers]
Observers of natural phenomenon.

Huh, I never knew that. There's no way to see things that are far away closer though, so how do you know?

(( I'm going to post this now, and start answering questions that came after if they are still relevant. ))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16