Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trophy tooth  (Read 1726 times)

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trophy tooth
« on: May 18, 2010, 10:22:46 pm »

I clipped some human's tooth out (and nothing else) in a goblin fortress, I was like woah wtf something just flew off... Now I carry it around as a trophy.

pickupsticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trophy tooth
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 11:28:37 pm »

It would be nice to be able to set it in a ring!

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 12:01:16 am »

Or string it on a necklace.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 01:01:00 am »

Or wear dragon hide armor, make a 7 head tall hydra totem pole, A giant tiger carpet...

*sigh* someday...

Had killed a wandering demon sometime ago...hauled it's big ass corpse in the town meadhall and surrounded it with severed heads (harpies, griffins,etc.).

It was a hit with the townsfolk and the kids loved playing around it for some reason.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 01:05:25 am by Kobold Troubadour »
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 02:59:16 am »

I found the same human a bit later (I checked the tooth's name and compared it to his), oddly enough when we met again (only a few hours after I gave him some bronze-age dentistry) his stats didn't show a missing tooth. Did he regrow it?

spikesp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 03:35:16 am »

Or wear dragon hide armor, make a 7 head tall hydra totem pole, A giant tiger carpet...

*sigh* someday...

Had killed a wandering demon sometime ago...hauled it's big ass corpse in the town meadhall and surrounded it with severed heads (harpies, griffins,etc.).

It was a hit with the townsfolk and the kids loved playing around it for some reason.

wow ... i think i have to strat learning how play adventure mode now that put a smile on my face  :)

Bronzebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 04:38:28 am »

*sigh* someday...

Woah, really? I have to try being a human sometime; I'll definitely try that.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 09:08:28 am »

next time try useing your hands to rip teeth out.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Hairywoodenleg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 02:35:37 pm »

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 07:55:35 am »

Was it an ass demon?

Nope...

Surrounded by wolves and harpies, we did the logical thing. Hold a temporary truce & fight side by side to clean up the ruble...

...but in the end, there can only be one...

....Alas, the rest of the story is for another time. Anywho, the trophies where a hit:

Some kid even sneaks out past bedtime to see it:

So yeah, kids playing atop a pile of corpses, townsfolk merrily drinking in the same room with a large, skinless, pterosaur demon corpse (among others). Only in Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:00:26 am by Kobold Troubadour »
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 10:45:27 pm »

Most interesting thing happened:
I was walking around killing a "goblin" fortress (i.e. a human+elven commune with one goblin whose a "general" with nothing on but underwear), then I walked right outside of it and found a brook, 3 steps later the brook disappears... I think it's frozen over. I just witnessed the coming of winter apparently, in one turn.

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 05:44:23 am »

Most interesting thing happened:
I was walking around killing a "goblin" fortress (i.e. a human+elven commune with one goblin whose a "general" with nothing on but underwear), then I walked right outside of it and found a brook, 3 steps later the brook disappears... I think it's frozen over. I just witnessed the coming of winter apparently, in one turn.

This can also happen while swimming in the water and cause instant death to adventurers...