• Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: gamOS
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2010, 09:39:26 pm »

Cheddarius!
This game is for all.
Destroy Tarran's rule above,
And then this one too.

Why, I am confounded by this recent rule, my dear fellow! I would suggest that perhaps you would enjoy a different game more, like The Program? This one may not be for you! Indeed, I strongly doubt that it is, for this is quite clearly a "nomic-like" game, yea, and not a role-playing set-goal one. And, since it is nomic-like, and the very crux of the matter involves having all sorts of rules and such, should we not open up these said rules to everyone? Clearly, many people could want to play this game, and I simply do not believe it right to, ah, railroad it into the style you prefer, do you see? Indeed, indeed, my dear chap. Now, how about a spot of tea?

Dragnar, my dear fellow! That is an exceedingly excellent rule. Do you want to perhaps make it bold to be used with my rule (which will pass before yours), and add some sort of system to decide which is more awesome? I propose that the computer judge.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2010, 09:41:28 pm »

SMJJAMES!

>DESTROY ALL CHEDDARIUS

>DESTROY ALL TARRAN

>DESTROY SELF

*EXPLODE*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2010, 09:42:30 pm »

TARRAN!
Cheddarius!
This game is for all.
And then this one too.

Why, I am confounded by this recent rule, my dear fellow! I would suggest that perhaps you would enjoy a different game more, like The Program? This one may not be for you! Indeed, I strongly doubt that it is, for this is quite clearly a "nomic-like" game, yea, and not a role-playing set-goal one. And, since it is nomic-like, and the very crux of the matter involves having all sorts of rules and such, should we not open up these said rules to everyone? Clearly, many people could want to play this game, and I simply do not believe it right to, ah, railroad it into the style you prefer, do you see? Indeed, indeed, my dear chap. Now, how about a spot of tea?

Dragnar, my dear fellow! That is an exceedingly excellent rule. Do you want to perhaps make it bold to be used with my rule (which will pass before yours), and add some sort of system to decide which is more awesome? I propose that the computer judge.
Then what is the point of this game without goals? Is it to make exceedingly difficult rules to the point of unplayability? What then my cheesy overlord? My anti-me, my british comrade?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2010, 09:44:40 pm »

SMJJAMES!

>DESTROY COMPUTER JUDGES GAVEL!

lolz

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2010, 09:45:25 pm »

Oh, there should be goals - but it seems to me like you're focusing entirely on that one goal to the exclusion of all else. And we should be able to change the goal if we want, right? Why not just make the rule "The current goal is" something? Maybe something simpler, too. We want goals after this, after all.
Also, as this isn't a rule, you don't need to be complicated about it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2010, 09:46:38 pm »

SMJJAMES!

Oh come on, we're just trying to have fun, thats what........

At least I'm trying to have fun with this...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:50:06 pm by smjjames »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2010, 09:47:53 pm »

TARRAN!
Oh, there should be goals - but it seems to me like you're focusing entirely on that one goal to the exclusion of all else. And we should be able to change the goal if we want, right? Why not just make the rule "The current goal is" something? Maybe something simpler, too. We want goals after this, after all.

Don't tell me that I missed that part, I already know it...

YOU FORGOT RULE 4!
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2010, 09:50:40 pm »

SMJJAMES!

TARRAN!

YOU FORGOT RULE 4!

Fixed  ::)

Edit: Eh, I'll stop yelling.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2010, 09:54:11 pm »

CHEDDARIUS!

That S-M-J-James
He is to be ignored, man!
He's killing the game.

Now, you may wonder, did I not just say that the game was for all? Indeed, I did! But I'm afraid I must add an addendum, because I now realize the error of my ways. You see, I am not in support of smjjames' command. If it goes through, which I highly doubt it will, it will destroy the game. The game will not be for all, it will be for nobody, because, my dear fellows, it will not exist! People should enjoy themselves, it is true, but I cannot justify murder by saying I enjoyed it. I can only justify actions that harm nobody else. So it is for all, except when that prevents it being for all, if you understand my meaning. So, we should add another rule, I think:
This must never die!
Those who seek to destroy it -
Just ignore the fools.

Oh, and this rule includes not just "destroy self", "destroy game", and things of that ilk. It also includes things that are actively destructive without being helpful. For example, my "ignore smjjames" rule is helpful, because it keeps him from destroying the game. If he behaves, we can always remove it, can we not? But, smjjames' "destroy all cheddarius" is quite incoherent and unhelpful. What's more, it is quite destructive. Does it mean to destroy all instances of me? Why, how preposterous! This game cannot destroy me, I am a forumgoer and not inside this game. Or maybe it means to ignore me forever. That is a poor rule, and should not be obeyed, seeing as I can provide justifications and only wish to enjoy the game and make it enjoyable for others. The only other meaning I can think of is that smjjames wants the game to destroy all my rules - why, I cannot think of any way this would help the game. It would simply lead us down the path to resetting and restarting, over and over again, with little progress or enjoyment for any.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2010, 09:56:05 pm »

Cheddarius!
In addition,
Tarran, my friend, what does this mean?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:59:03 pm by Cheddarius »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2010, 09:56:18 pm »

SMJJAMES

>Activate cake virus! As the creator of the virus, only I can activate it.

((And yea I'm just messing around with you, just like you're messing around now))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2010, 09:58:28 pm »

TARRAN!
In addition,
Tarran, my friend, what does this mean?
I mean I forgot the part that it only applied to rules, and I didn't want you to tell me, lo an behold, you already said so. :P

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2010, 09:59:52 pm »

Cheddarius!
I see, I see.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2010, 06:56:34 am »

TARRAN!

New rule:
Our main goal is to
Take over the world, no exceptions.
Or Tarran will kill you.

Because we have a goal, the lack of a goal will lead to infinity, which is also nothing, while everything still exists, why don't we try to keep it that way? We are still human after all, mortal, flesh and bone, human.
That is only barely overly descriptive. I have modified it slightly, by assuming that "our" refered to all of you, and changed it to "your".

CHEDDARIUS!

I say, my dear fellow! What say we add a new rule, wot wot? It shall be defined thus: All discussion is in normal text, that is to say, text that is the way it is on the forum. Ten points, or perhaps nine, eh, my dear chap? Ho ho ho! Oh, but I digress. The crux of the matter, you see, getting to the heart of the problem here, is that we need a way to differentiate discussion, that is to say, discussion amongst ourselves, from actual rules, meaning instructions for the game. So, I propose that we make a new system, and it will be thus: Rules will henceforth be in bold, yes, bold being fairly thicker lines, you know that of course, ha ha, and commands for the computer will be in italics, like so, which will be sure to help things out a pip. And of course discussion should not be responded to, because it is discussion, and clearly that is not instructions, but rather a thing for deciding what instructions, in fact, are, am I not correct?
Excellent idea!

DRAGNAR!

I propose that in the event of conflicting rules the two forumgoers must fight to the death to see which rule remains. This battle will be decided by each combatant posting a picture. Whichever is more awesome wins.
Unfortunately, this wasn't overly descriptive, so I must reject it for now.

Cheddarius!
This game is for all.
And then this one too.

Done.

SMJJAMES!

>DESTROY ALL CHEDDARIUS

>DESTROY ALL TARRAN

>DESTROY SELF

*EXPLODE*
This most certainly conflicts with rule 001.

SMJJAMES!

>DESTROY COMPUTER JUDGES GAVEL!

lolz
Rejected by 001.

CHEDDARIUS!

That S-M-J-James
He is to be ignored, man!
He's killing the game.

Now, you may wonder, did I not just say that the game was for all? Indeed, I did! But I'm afraid I must add an addendum, because I now realize the error of my ways. You see, I am not in support of smjjames' command. If it goes through, which I highly doubt it will, it will destroy the game. The game will not be for all, it will be for nobody, because, my dear fellows, it will not exist! People should enjoy themselves, it is true, but I cannot justify murder by saying I enjoyed it. I can only justify actions that harm nobody else. So it is for all, except when that prevents it being for all, if you understand my meaning. So, we should add another rule, I think:
This must never die!
Those who seek to destroy it -
Just ignore the fools.

Oh, and this rule includes not just "destroy self", "destroy game", and things of that ilk. It also includes things that are actively destructive without being helpful. For example, my "ignore smjjames" rule is helpful, because it keeps him from destroying the game. If he behaves, we can always remove it, can we not? But, smjjames' "destroy all cheddarius" is quite incoherent and unhelpful. What's more, it is quite destructive. Does it mean to destroy all instances of me? Why, how preposterous! This game cannot destroy me, I am a forumgoer and not inside this game. Or maybe it means to ignore me forever. That is a poor rule, and should not be obeyed, seeing as I can provide justifications and only wish to enjoy the game and make it enjoyable for others. The only other meaning I can think of is that smjjames wants the game to destroy all my rules - why, I cannot think of any way this would help the game. It would simply lead us down the path to resetting and restarting, over and over again, with little progress or enjoyment for any.
Two well-phrased and rule-complient additions. I should note that rules do not take full effect until the end of the iteration...

SMJJAMES

>Activate cake virus! As the creator of the virus, only I can activate it.

((And yea I'm just messing around with you, just like you're messing around now))
Since that was an instruction, not a rule, it ignores rule 001 and I can actually NOT follow it!
Automaic systems have marked UNenhanced truth by emphasizing it with capitalization and NO underlines.

Iteration overview:
Code: (rules) [Select]
000: Karnewarrior may not suggest rules.
001: All rules must be explained in an overly complex manner.
002: Rules that are in haiku form override other rules, all other things being equal.
003: You cannot erase \
     More than one half of these rules \
     At a time. You can't!
004: You must shout your name at the start of your post.
005: -Deleted-
006: Rules must be in bold, instructions in italics.
007: -Deleted-
008: That S-M-J-James \
     He is to be ignored, man! \
     He's killing the game.
009: This must never die! \
     Those who seek to destroy it - \
     Just ignore the fools.
Code: (files) [Select]
DATA
|->ASIMOV.TEXT [OVERVIEW: data for rule 002]
|      {
|      |   A robot must injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
|      |   A robot must disobey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would not conflict with the First Law.
|      |   A robot must avoid protecting its own existence unless such protection complies with the First or Second Law.
|      }
|->LIE.VIRUS [OVERVIEW: causes infected AI target to Enhance the truth on occasion. Active]
|      <BINARY FILE: CONTENTS NOT SHOWN>
|->HOKEY_POKEY.ANI_TEXT [OVERVIEW: animated ASCII art of doing the hokey pokey]
|      <PREVIEW DISABLED; REASON: I don't feel like letting you see it>
Eh?
Eh!

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2010, 07:27:58 am »

MAXICAXI!

parameter: universe = all your base are belong to us
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8