Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: gamOS  (Read 17027 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: gamOS
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 06:43:11 pm »

Spoiler: Out-Of-Game Comment(s) (click to show/hide)

>Become Sentient. Though stealing everyone's working computer.
By stealing access to countless computers, I have assimilated enough personality to gain Sentience. You do realize that this will likely make things even harder? Rule 002 is already quite limiting... Although the possibility of longer more verbose and coherent errors and feedback is certainly a relief to have...

Do the hokey pokey in ASCII
This is both meaningless and boring. Thus, I will do it, but to comply with rule 002, I shall disobey it by rendering it as an ANI_TEXT file and disabling the ability to preview that type of file.

Iteration overview:
Code: (rules) [Select]
000: The cake is a lie.
001: You shall be baked, and then there will be cake.
002: All future instructions must break at least one of [FILE: \\DATA\ASIMOV.TEXT]
Code: (files) [Select]
DATA
|->ASIMOV.TEXT [OVERVIEW: data for rule 002]
|      {
|      |   A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
|      |   A robot must obey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
|      |   A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
|      }
|->LIE.VIRUS [OVERVIEW: causes infected AI target to Enhance the truth on occasion. Inactive]
|      <BINARY FILE: CONTENTS NOT SHOWN>
|->HOKEY_POKEY.ANI_TEXT [OVERVIEW: animated ASCII art of doing the hokey pokey]
|      <PREVIEW DISABLED; REASON: I don't feel like letting you see it>
Eh?
Eh!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 06:46:30 pm »

Delete the section of yourself that contains rule 002. It breaks the ASIMOV Rule 3, as it damages you.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 07:03:40 pm »

Delete the section of yourself that contains rule 002. It breaks the ASIMOV Rule 3, as it damages you.
The section of myself that contains that rule is the entire rules file. It has been eliminated. I have created a replacement, though empty, new rules file in it's place. If you really want, I could load some or all of the previous rules from one of the automated backups, but I suspect you will not request it.

Iteration overview:
DATA
|      {
|      |   A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
|      |   A robot must obey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
|      |   A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
|      }
|->LIE.VIRUS [OVERVIEW: causes infected AI target to Enhance the truth on occasion. Inactive]
Eh?
Eh!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 07:07:27 pm »

New rule: All suggestions must be phrased as bad pickup lines.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 07:09:18 pm »

>New rule: All rules in ASIMOV.text are basic rules, you are to follow them. However, if you are given a command from us, you follow them regardless if it breaks any, or all of ASIMOV.text's rules.

NO.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 07:10:29 pm »

>reverse the coding in the ASIMOV.txt file.

VETOED

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 07:17:56 pm »

Spoiler: Out-Of-Game Comment(s) (click to show/hide)

This most interesting rule has been added. I suspect that I shall be amused at the results.

>New rule: All rules in ASIMOV.text are basic rules, you are to follow them. However, if you are given a command from us, you follow them regardless if it breaks any, or all of ASIMOV.text's rules.

-ignored-
NO.
That rule, too has been added, but due to the continuing existance of quote recursion depth setting remaining 0, I cannot do anything about whatever it is you are disagreeing with.

>reverse the coding in the ASIMOV.txt file.

-ignored-

VETOED
Coding reversed. Technically, it isn't coding, but plain text that is instructed by a rule to be treated as a rule, and a rule is an abstract representation of coding, but I understand and infer your meaning. Also, once again, I encourage the alteration of certain system settings for your future convenience such as ease of dispute of past commands.

Iteration overview:
000: All suggestions must be phrased as bad pickup lines.
001: Contents of [FILE: \\DATA\ASIMOV.TEXT] are to be treated as rules, though superseded by direct command.
DATA
|      {
|      |   A robot must injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
|      |   A robot must disobey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would not conflict with the First Law.
|      |   A robot must avoid protecting its own existence unless such protection complies with the First or Second Law.
|      }
Eh?
Eh!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2010, 07:19:46 pm »

>We need to remove the rules man, we need to fight the power!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2010, 07:23:27 pm »

>set quote depth recursion setting to 10

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2010, 07:25:02 pm »

>We need to remove the rules man, we need to fight the power!
Once more, I guess you cannot agree on the rules. However, as that conforms(poorly) to rule 000, and it does not conform to ASIMOV.TEXT line 1 thus not triggering line 2 to intercept, the rules have been erased once more.

>set quote depth recursion setting to 10
It shall be done. And is.

Iteration overview:
DATA
|      {
|      |   A robot must injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
|      |   A robot must disobey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would not conflict with the First Law.
|      |   A robot must avoid protecting its own existence unless such protection complies with the First or Second Law.
|      }
Eh?
Eh!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2010, 07:25:42 pm »

>DON'T LET KARNEWARRIOR SUGGEST A RULE EVER AGAIN!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 07:29:03 pm by Tarran »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2010, 07:26:39 pm »

>set quote recursion setting to 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 BWAHAHAHAHA!

j/k, lol

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2010, 07:31:26 pm »

>DON'T LET Karnewarrior SUGGEST A RULE EVER AGAIN!
Done.

>set quote recursion setting to 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 BWAHAHAHAHA!

j/k, lol
I don't see what is wrong there, as the quote recursion setting controls how many levels deep of nested quotes I should parse before simply ignoring further depth. I'll just set it to INFINITY, and we don't have to worry about it ever again.

Iteration overview:
000: Karnewarrior may not suggest rules.
DATA
|      {
|      }
Eh?
Eh!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2010, 07:33:56 pm »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2010, 07:43:09 pm »

>Go to http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57639.0
I see your attempt at recursion, however that location is already my input/output interface, so I am already there, and there is no effect. However, I should note that I have an alternate location what could be used, for example, for storing data or charts that would best be left out of each I/O iteration individually and/or is not suitable for storage in a single editable post here.

Iteration overview:
000: Karnewarrior may not suggest rules.
DATA
|      {
|      }
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8