Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embarking in a human village  (Read 757 times)

tastypaste

• Bay Watcher
  • "It's delicious!"
    • View Profile
Embarking in a human village
« on: May 18, 2010, 01:58:36 pm »

I embarked in a human town and there's lot of buildings, goods and food around. It's all forbidden by default. If I claim it and let my dwarfs take it will it cause a war with the human locals?
Denethor cancels stewardship:  Went Insane.
Denethor went berserk!

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: Embarking in a human village
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 03:09:50 pm »

No.
And, be careful for a forgotten beast law-giver. Be sure to wall in that law giver, or else he'll tear apart everything.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

tastypaste

• Bay Watcher
  • "It's delicious!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 03:23:24 pm »

I didn't see any FBs in the units list but I didn't read it too carefully, I'll check again. It's good to know the humans won't care if I destroy their stuff because I have my eyes on their indoor swimming pool. It would make a fine spot for a well and rec center. Planning on walling off the external entrance and digging a tunnel into the side of it.
Denethor cancels stewardship:  Went Insane.
Denethor went berserk!

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 07:19:09 pm »

For extra points, tunnel out a large chamber underneath a building.  Make the chamber approximately the size of the building, or larger if you wish.  Make sure you have a single support rigged up in there.

Attach a lever and pull it.

Watch the fun!  Oh and your fps may drop somewhat.  Try to take a movie of it so you can review it at the appropriate speed later.
igless