Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Space Fish Paint Adventure - Space Fish is in a coma for an unknown time  (Read 30373 times)

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
Re: Space Fish Paint Adventure!
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2010, 10:01:12 pm »

Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2010, 10:02:57 pm »

Owl.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2010, 10:36:42 pm »

Will do an update when I'm less asleep/feeling better. Sorry for the delay, guys <3

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2010, 03:17:32 am »

"Ohio!" You say to the star fish.

"Hulloo," it responds amicably. "What are you?"

You drift along besides the starwhal and have a nice chat. You tell it of adventures and tales past, and it tells you of wondrous sights it's seen swimming with the starwhal.

You learn that the star fish call themselves wattles, and this particular one is named Joules. The starwhal's name is, apparently, Bayoon.

Communication Check x2 - 50%
01##10########50########90##100
Result: 29/100, 44/100
Success x2!
+2d10 skill points: 3

You get very friendly with Joules, and a few other wattles drift not far behind, obviously curious about you.

Joules agrees to help you talk to Bayoon, and starts glowing brightly. A bunch of other wattles zip in for a word, and then they take off, Joules among them. They arrange themselves in front of Bayoon.

They flicker and dart around, leaving faint trails of light. To you it's just a pretty light show, but it's clearly more to Bayoon. His horn glows in response, with various brightnesses coiled around its length. Eventually the wattles scatter and fall back into Bayoon's wake.

"Well, little one," says an impressively deep voice, "I'm sorry I didn't notice you earlier. That's a fine horn, for one such as yourself."

You tell him you sought him out, as one so experienced with horns would surely be the greatest teacher.

"Ha! Well, I have had my share of fights!"

Over the next few hours, Bayoon watches over as you demonstrate your limited ability with your horn.

Horny Driller Check (training) - 20%
01#04###20#############84###100
Result: 03/100
Critical Success!
+4d10 skill points: 34

You take to the tutelage like a fish to space, absorbing immediately every tip the wise whale has for you. Bayoon remarks on how fast a learner you are, and before long you've learnt all you can from such methods. If you want to improve further, you'll have to get some real field experience, or perhaps see Bayoon in action!

I can't think of what to ask you, Space Fish! Any suggestions?

Spoiler: Space Fish (click to show/hide)

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2010, 04:50:54 am »

Talk Bayoon into robbing that arms shop. We need bigger guns, and we need to see Bayoon in action!
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2010, 06:00:07 am »

Spend 5000 years travelling with Bayoon...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2010, 10:35:47 am »

Talk Bayoon into robbing that arms shop. We need bigger guns, and we need to see Bayoon in action!

Enough with robbing the shop! They probably have anti-ship cannons or something.

Travel with the starwhal and wattles until you reach a new star system.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2010, 01:58:32 pm »

cruise along
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2010, 02:20:52 pm »

Stab Bayoon in the eye.

Awlright awlright.

I agree; cruise with Bayoon and his wattle homies, until you reach somewhere interesting. Like a source of space adventurers.
WARNING: LOGIC FOLLOWS

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED:
Admiral whatshisface eats space adventurers.
Admiral whatshisface has a high rank.
THEREFORE the two are correlated.
THEREFORE if we eat space adventurers, we will achieve a higher rank!
Higher rank = better, because it is higher!
Long Live United Forenia!

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2010, 09:19:43 pm »

Yay.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2010, 06:16:37 am »

I agree; cruise with Bayoon and his wattle homies, until you reach somewhere interesting. Like a source of space adventurers.

hear hear !
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2010, 08:47:42 am »

I'm not well, so delaying until I don't have a massive headache and I'm not crapping out entire farms (I don't even know what that means).
Sorry <3

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2010, 11:47:01 am »

Ahoy, all! I had the first of my exams today, so I took some time during it to draw the NEXT UPDATE!

Spoiler: Text Counterpart (click to show/hide)

The central star, Mumbra is a dense, lightless source of gravity, but the system isn't dark. Three light star-planet-things, Moppet, Gli and Rimsy, orbit Mumbra. Gli has a moon, Juoi.
A rocky, red planet terraformed to more hospitable conditions, Zargon, hosts many intergalactic travelers at affordable rates, though additional incidentals can be priced quite steeply.
Parapet is a strangely shaped planet with its own miniature unnamed moon and sun. Humanoid creatures live there in a strange combination of modern tech and renaissance fashions.
Wurma, its moon Unanta, and Unanta's moon Isnella, are inhospitable, desolate rocks. The inhabitants are insectoid creatures with great variety in their forms and with little diplomatic ability evident in most of the population.
Bolots are twin planets with a strong economy. One is an ocean planet, the other of fertile sand. Its inhabitants, of no particular race or species, spend a lot of time trading and travelling between the two planets.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2010, 12:46:03 pm »

To parapet!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2010, 12:52:31 pm »

Go to Bolots! The Ocean planet!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16