Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 978312 times)

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Updated to DF 0.34.11)
« Reply #1965 on: August 27, 2012, 05:19:58 am »

I just got the newest version of this, and there isn't any music, umm anyone know whats up with that?
Also, can someone make a prepackaged Mac version?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1966 on: September 28, 2012, 06:40:36 pm »

Call me a pessimist (which I aint) but wont the new trees pose a little problem for tilesets like this ? Or any tileset really... I just saw the screens toady posted, and it seems to use a circle of walls for the treetop.

Phoebus, did you spend any thought on that ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: September 29, 2012, 11:18:30 am »

Call me a pessimist (which I aint) but wont the new trees pose a little problem for tilesets like this ? Or any tileset really... I just saw the screens toady posted, and it seems to use a circle of walls for the treetop.
As far as I understood Toady, the tiles for the new trees can all be changed. Furthermore, there will be a few more tiles that can be used for something else now (there won't be any single tile trees anymore). IIRC not all tiles currently used for trees are used in the world map, so you would have a some free tiles for things like fruits and leaves. Additionally I think even using the current walls in the graphic sets in brown would look good as trunks. They're already used for large rivers on the world map. With some adjustments to make them look ambiguous (trees and walls), we should be fine.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: October 21, 2012, 05:25:54 pm »

In my fort any broken bolts appear as mud piles, using the Lazy Newb version.

Is that something I can fix by editing text files?
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Jochim

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: October 26, 2012, 10:09:19 pm »

Hi I switched from Windows to Ubuntu recently and I've noticed that the colours/icons are different. Is this actually the case or have I just messed up the installation? or does the LNP change the original files?

Schist is just a monochrome brown. Gypsum/Sandstone type rocks are sort of hatched

Screens
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: October 27, 2012, 09:32:15 am »

I just got the newest version of this, and there isn't any music, umm anyone know whats up with that?
Also, can someone make a prepackaged Mac version?
The music is disabled by default in the config that comes with the graphic set.

You can reactivate the music by editing the text file "data/init/init.txt" and changing the [SOUND:NO] line to [SOUND:YES]

In my fort any broken bolts appear as mud piles, using the Lazy Newb version.

Is that something I can fix by editing text files?
That's not a bug, those tiles are used for more than just broken bolts/arrows, so I gave them a less specific appearance.
The tile association is also hardcoded, so I couldn't do anything crafty.

Hi I switched from Windows to Ubuntu recently and I've noticed that the colours/icons are different. Is this actually the case or have I just messed up the installation? or does the LNP change the original files?

Schist is just a monochrome brown. Gypsum/Sandstone type rocks are sort of hatched

Screens

Any feedback would be appreciated.
You're using the tileset (the image), but not the raws (the object to tileset association.)
You just need to copy the content of the graphic pack's raw directory over your savegame's raw directory.

As far as I understood Toady, the tiles for the new trees can all be changed. Furthermore, there will be a few more tiles that can be used for something else now (there won't be any single tile trees anymore). IIRC not all tiles currently used for trees are used in the world map, so you would have a some free tiles for things like fruits and leaves. Additionally I think even using the current walls in the graphic sets in brown would look good as trunks. They're already used for large rivers on the world map. With some adjustments to make them look ambiguous (trees and walls), we should be fine.
At worst I'll just create a single 'foliage' tile and will use that tile for all treetop tiles.
The tileset is starting to be really cramped. :/
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 09:41:22 am by Phoebus »

Jochim

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: October 27, 2012, 01:40:44 pm »

You're using the tileset (the image), but not the raws (the object to tileset association.)
You just need to copy the content of the graphic pack's raw directory over your savegame's raw directory.

Thanks a lot!

Baezon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: November 26, 2012, 10:49:45 pm »

Hey, I love your Graphic set, but, I've used it for awhile and I want to switch back to the original "graphics". I can't seem to find anything relating to this (I'm sure this has come up before, but the 132 pages are ... daunting) and I've tried fiddling a bit with init.txt, but to no avail and I'm afriad of messing with much more to avoid corrupting my save files or something, I'm not very knowledgeable in this regard.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: November 27, 2012, 09:01:43 am »

Hey, I love your Graphic set, but, I've used it for awhile and I want to switch back to the original "graphics". I can't seem to find anything relating to this (I'm sure this has come up before, but the 132 pages are ... daunting) and I've tried fiddling a bit with init.txt, but to no avail and I'm afriad of messing with much more to avoid corrupting my save files or something, I'm not very knowledgeable in this regard.
Phoebus is a graphic set, meaning there are creature graphics, and a tileset that requires raw changes (tells the game which tile to use for what).
So, there's 3 things you have to do here:
Removing the creature graphics
telling the game to use another tileset (you want the default one, I presume)
changing the raws back to the default

Now, you could do all this manually, but it would be easier and faster to just transfer your save to a new DF install and fix the raws:
Download vanilla version of DF
extract it into new folder (DON'T overwrite your old folder, that only leads to problems)
copy your old save from data/save/ to the new folder into data/save/
delete the folder "raw" within the newly copied save folder (data/save/region 1/2/3/raw)
copy the default raws (in the DF root directory) into your save folder
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

Baezon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: November 27, 2012, 02:04:06 pm »

Phoebus is a graphic set, meaning there are creature graphics, and a tileset that requires raw changes (tells the game which tile to use for what).
So, there's 3 things you have to do here:
Removing the creature graphics
telling the game to use another tileset (you want the default one, I presume)
changing the raws back to the default

Now, you could do all this manually, but it would be easier and faster to just transfer your save to a new DF install and fix the raws:
Download vanilla version of DF
extract it into new folder (DON'T overwrite your old folder, that only leads to problems)
copy your old save from data/save/ to the new folder into data/save/
delete the folder "raw" within the newly copied save folder (data/save/region 1/2/3/raw)
copy the default raws (in the DF root directory) into your save folder
Ah, thank you very much, that worked.

Aydjile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: December 28, 2012, 09:31:08 am »

hello Phoebus!

while building new fort, i was thinking - why we have big X symbol for up/down stair case and not some graphic representation of spiral staircase? if you could implement graphic icon, guess it would be much nicer looking.
something like full circle spiral stairs with dark hole in center without any handles or railways. (handles are for sissies not dwarfs)

or different version - graphic representation of one level staircase/

cheers!
Reality exists is only in our imagination.

Мой канал о жизни крепостей из Дварф Фортресс - https://www.youtube.com/user/Aydjile

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: December 28, 2012, 01:12:39 pm »

I suspect this is impractical as the up/down icon is used for bins and the selection icon.
This is a blank sig.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: December 28, 2012, 04:08:58 pm »

I suspect this is impractical as the up/down icon is used for bins and the selection icon.
It is used for even more than that.
Code: [Select]
Bin
floodgate
shop post
building footprint
Depot Access Display
text
up/down stairs
Tile in Ashery
keyboard cursor
Nausea / Winded / Stunned / Unconscious / Migrant indicator
This stuff is hardcoded and only Toady can change which tile is used to display them.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: January 06, 2013, 09:58:50 pm »

I'm always hoping the next update gives Toady the incentive to move more stuff to its own graphics set, like creatures have been, so the modders can come up with their own versions.  Thats the only way to really fix things like the problems if you make neat looking stairs, or good hills for the world map, etc.  In the meantime, you can still put in your good stairs, as long as you accept it will show up in other places as well. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: January 07, 2013, 08:04:49 am »

I'm always hoping the next update gives Toady the incentive to move more stuff to its own graphics set, like creatures have been, so the modders can come up with their own versions.  Thats the only way to really fix things like the problems if you make neat looking stairs, or good hills for the world map, etc.  In the meantime, you can still put in your good stairs, as long as you accept it will show up in other places as well. ;)

He is aware of the problem, it seems. Indicated by the fact that every newly added thing (minecarts, tree tiles in the next version for two recent examples) has been assignable in the raws for some time now. Rewriting old code related to this on the other hand is a whole different (lower) priority, obviously. And, while I would love to finally have "full graphic support" (see Mayday's eternal suggestion), looking at the features that are currently being implemented, I can't help but agree with Toady's priorities.

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 140