Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 978779 times)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.02v03] Phoebus' Graphic Set (New Units & Font Options)
« Reply #1590 on: February 26, 2012, 01:57:44 am »

You can have a zombie goat graphic tile, and a tile that is used for all animated creatures, and that is hard-coded.

So... how would I set up this zombie goat tile in the graphics .txt files? Because right now I think Phoebus isn't using any zombie graphics.
You don't use a zombie goat tile.  You use a goat tile, and went it is an undead goat (whether zombie, skeleton or empty skin) it will alternate between teh goat tile and the hard coded "i'm an undead" indicator, just like thirsty dwarves alternate between the dwarf tile and a blue down arrow.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: February 26, 2012, 02:58:39 pm »

Areas of walls and floors that are detailed now look horrible, what with all the little pictures supposing to resemble what is engraved on them, they look like blotches of cheerios :(

Is there any way to revert them to a more uniform look? Pleeeez?
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: February 26, 2012, 03:03:31 pm »

You don't use a zombie goat tile.  You use a goat tile, and went it is an undead goat (whether zombie, skeleton or empty skin) it will alternate between teh goat tile and the hard coded "i'm an undead" indicator, just like thirsty dwarves alternate between the dwarf tile and a blue down arrow.

That's what I thought. But then Kohaku said something that sounded like you can have a separate zombie tile for everyone, like we used to have:

No. 

You can have a zombie goat graphic tile, and a tile that is used for all animated creatures, and that is hard-coded.

The and logical operator here suggests that both are possible at the same time.

I'm just confused. ???
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: February 26, 2012, 03:10:49 pm »

Areas of walls and floors that are detailed now look horrible, what with all the little pictures supposing to resemble what is engraved on them, they look like blotches of cheerios :(

Is there any way to revert them to a more uniform look? Pleeeez?

It sounds like the setting in the d_init.ini got changed to make it do that. Something like "engravings_start_obscured" or something like that. Setting that to "yes" should fix it. Alternatively you can manually obscure them in-game using the designate menu. I forget the exact command. Should be under "toggle engravings".

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: February 26, 2012, 03:43:36 pm »

Thanks so much Lem!
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: February 27, 2012, 11:03:28 am »

Human priest and hight priest...

These show up in towns and castles.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #1596 on: February 27, 2012, 09:48:16 pm »

Yet another crash. 2 hours of playing gone because the season hadn't changed.

How can I figure out if it's the graphics set or the game itself causing the crash?

neil_v

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: February 27, 2012, 10:15:46 pm »

How can I figure out if it's the graphics set or the game itself causing the crash?

That sucks! 

1) If you are using a Linux or Unix operating system, that might be the problem
2) If you have modified the data files yourself (lets say you wanted to make 'Large serrated stone discs' because they should be in the game anyway) that might be the problem
3) You are using an old save file... Time to restart. The updater might be less than reliable.

Those are the only things I can think of that would be creating such a problem.   

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: February 27, 2012, 10:27:08 pm »

Mosquito, Damselfly, Moth, Grasshopper, Bark Scorpion, Mantis, Tick, Louse, Thrips, Slug, Snail, Moon Snail, Jumping Spider, Brown Recluse Spider.

All creatures are "giant" versions, since all bugs and slugs are vermin.

I created larval, nymph, or juvenile forms of all the creatures until I found out that none of these creatures actually have child tokens, and as such, I was wasting my time and effort.   :-\

But I already made them, so whatever, I'm going to put them in, too.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #1599 on: February 28, 2012, 12:37:49 am »

That sucks! 

1) If you are using a Linux or Unix operating system, that might be the problem
2) If you have modified the data files yourself (lets say you wanted to make 'Large serrated stone discs' because they should be in the game anyway) that might be the problem
3) You are using an old save file... Time to restart. The updater might be less than reliable.

Those are the only things I can think of that would be creating such a problem.

1)Windows 7
2)the only changes I made were to remove the pause and focus on birth and to lower the birth limit from 100 kids at once to 40. no other changes
3)fresh world and save with each version.

In this case I'd had it paused for awhile (like 30 minutes) came back to find the minotaur taken out by a stone trap so when I was trying to find him, I viewed his battle report and hit "z" to zoom in on his corpse, when I did that, crash

I also ran the bat file to turn off TT fonts.

neil_v

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: February 28, 2012, 06:02:07 am »

1)Windows 7
2)the only changes I made were to remove the pause and focus on birth and to lower the birth limit from 100 kids at once to 40. no other changes
3)fresh world and save with each version.

In this case I'd had it paused for awhile (like 30 minutes) came back to find the minotaur taken out by a stone trap so when I was trying to find him, I viewed his battle report and hit "z" to zoom in on his corpse, when I did that, crash

I also ran the bat file to turn off TT fonts.

Hmmm... I am out of ideas, I can only post this gif that represents how I would feel in your situation.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It might be possible that it is the .bat updater for the TT fonts, you could test that theroy with a fresh download of
Phoebus. You could use your old save if you still have it and see if it makes a difference. Or generate a new region and begin again.
Good luck! I hope you find a solution.

---edit---
I don't know if the .bat modifies the generated region, if it does, that would render it broken (if it is indeed the .bat that is the problem).
There will be a new version of DF released soon I think, might be good to wait till then.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:07:17 am by neil_v »

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #1601 on: February 28, 2012, 09:37:18 am »

I ran the bat, but interestingly it did NOT turn TT off. It only set it to "10"
I've edited the init myself to turn TT totally off
but now all my "v" in the menus are showing up as the same symbol as the grass from the map. How can I fix that?

This latest crash was very painful. A dwarf just made an artifact bone crossbow for my marks dwarf...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:39:29 am by crossmr »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: February 28, 2012, 12:44:06 pm »

I've started the update to 34.03.

I ran the bat, but interestingly it did NOT turn TT off. It only set it to "10"
I've edited the init myself to turn TT totally off
but now all my "v" in the menus are showing up as the same symbol as the grass from the map. How can I fix that?

This latest crash was very painful. A dwarf just made an artifact bone crossbow for my marks dwarf...
TrueType set to "10" is on.
If you run "df_phoebus_init_TToff_updater.bat" it'll set truetype to "no", along with resetting every other config setting to Phoebus' Graphic Set default.

The bat file only changes the base config setting of Df, those setting are application wide and will apply to any savegame you run without changing the savegame itself.
The question is, when you ran the batch file, was the batch file actually able to work correctly?

Edit, you can fix the V either by using the tileset assembler and generating a new tileset without selecting the NiceMapV option.
Or by switching your tileset to "Phoebus_16x16_TextClean.png"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 01:18:31 pm by Phoebus »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.34.02v03] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Updated to DF 0.34.03)
« Reply #1603 on: February 28, 2012, 01:14:53 pm »

*Updated* 0.34.03v00
Updated to DF 0.34.03

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.02v03] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Updated to DF 0.34.03)
« Reply #1604 on: February 28, 2012, 01:30:24 pm »

Damn Phoebus, you are fast. Cheers!
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 140