Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 978838 times)

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.01v02] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Font, font & font)
« Reply #1500 on: February 16, 2012, 04:18:49 pm »

Hey, I run a mac, and I started a new world in the new version using Mayday's graphics, and had a few bugs. My dwarves and animals are odd - animals are letters, dwarves are ... caricatures? Just sorta outlines. I just switched to Phoebus, and copied my old save over. Your graphics look great, but the problems still exist. I started a new world and it's using all your graphics fine, dorfs and animals included. Sooo, any ideas for how to make the old save use your graphics? There's something in the old save referring to the wrong file, probably, but what would it be?

Never mind! I looked again in the old save folder and found the raw file, which I had overlooked when I first checked.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 04:23:27 pm by nightwhips »
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: February 16, 2012, 05:04:17 pm »

So what's the point of TrueType?

Would allow virtually any font windows can display to be used in DF. A lot of other effects can be laid into TT too.

Unfortunately it's still not quite ready for DF primetime.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: February 16, 2012, 05:40:40 pm »

Would allow virtually any font windows can display to be used in DF. A lot of other effects can be laid into TT too.

In addition, the True Type font display can be used for all of the text portions, while the tilesets are used strictly for displaying the visual information (your dwarves and whatever happens to be killing them this time, for example).  This appears to be the end goal, but isn't quite there yet.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: February 16, 2012, 08:04:00 pm »

My favorite tileset.

Can no longer play without it.

Thanks!
See, I play as a highland lord, I light the torches its time for war, I'll ride through a rival town weilding a ball and chain made of spikes and thorns, or a longsword, with the hilt made out of a dinosaurs spinal chord, sharpened against a rhino's horn, when you swing it it sounds like a lions roar!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: February 16, 2012, 08:04:43 pm »

In addition, the True Type font display can be used for all of the text portions, while the tilesets are used strictly for displaying the visual information (your dwarves and whatever happens to be killing them this time, for example).  This appears to be the end goal, but isn't quite there yet.

Which would give Phoebus and other tilers more tiles to work with, yeah?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

KoffeeKup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: February 17, 2012, 12:42:17 am »

I don't know about you guys but i think mine is broken. I used lazy newb pack to install it and many tiles are screwed up it seems. all bodies become kobolds or random items depending on race and profession. Is this how its supposed to be?

Also some tiles have replaced letters in text. Like fish where a letter should be. Or an elf. Or a lever.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 12:46:51 am by KoffeeKup »
...and as all life ends
As elves and trees burn,As goblins are butchered
As humans are slaughtered,As the legions of hell lay waste to the world
Knock back a few drinks and tell yourself:T'was fun while it lasted-The writing on the Adamantine hatch to hell in Gemclod, Armok rest their valiant souls.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: February 17, 2012, 02:19:04 am »

Ah so the game doesn't have to tell me to advance a step by pressing "the ground tile". That would indeed be good.

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: February 17, 2012, 02:52:49 am »

Ah so the game doesn't have to tell me to advance a step by pressing "the ground tile". That would indeed be good.

Exactly, no more need to use duel tiles, like the bag with the phallus symbol.

Personally though, I wish that the tile map was freed up like the character maps, no hard coded, multishared tiles with a preset limit. Let Phoebus and ironhand really bloom as the awesome artists they clearly are. Oh, ditch the 80 tile minimum width thing too so tilesets can be larger!

Great work Phoebus, DF becomes a thing of beauty with your tiles. Roguelike ascii is fine(being an avid roguelike fan brought me to DF), but DF's complexity combined with toady's particular ascii choices makes it look like barf out of the box to me.
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

backora900

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: February 17, 2012, 10:27:54 am »

It seems that I have a problem with FPS counter in fortress mode (0.34.01v02). It is displayed in top left corner where it blocks pause display. So I am not sure whether my game is running or not. Is there a way how to fix this?
It appears in both pre-installed package and graphic set package; not a problem with original instalation without tileset.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.34.01v03] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Font, sand walls & diacritic symbols)
« Reply #1509 on: February 17, 2012, 12:35:11 pm »

*Updated* 0.34.01v03
Changed the default 'n' tile back to something that looks like a 'n'.
Brightened the sand wall tiles.
Disabled TrueType font by default, you can temporarily activate it ingame by zooming in (mousewheel down to zoom in.)
Completed the removal of diacritic symbols from the language tables, this should only affect things created after this patch is installed.

Murmur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: February 17, 2012, 05:57:06 pm »

It seems that I have a problem with FPS counter in fortress mode (0.34.01v02). It is displayed in top left corner where it blocks pause display. So I am not sure whether my game is running or not. Is there a way how to fix this?
It appears in both pre-installed package and graphic set package; not a problem with original instalation without tileset.

go to data/init/init.txt, scroll down and change [FPS:YES] to [FPS:NO]. That'll remove the counter.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.01v03] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Font, sand walls & diacritic symbols)
« Reply #1511 on: February 17, 2012, 07:02:06 pm »

*Updated* 0.34.01v03
Changed the default 'n' tile back to something that looks like a 'n'.
Brightened the sand wall tiles.
Disabled TrueType font by default, you can temporarily activate it ingame by zooming in (mousewheel down to zoom in.)
Completed the removal of diacritic symbols from the language tables, this should only affect things created after this patch is installed.

Thanks for all your work!

Best tileset hands-down.

radialmonster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: February 17, 2012, 08:56:43 pm »

I have the 03 version, the N's now look more like N's but my V's look more like a patch of grass or something. Ok I tried something else.  So I saw about the TextClear but no one said how to enable it.  Finally found the setting, in data/init/init.txt and changed
[GRAPHICS_FONT:Phoebus_16x16.png]
to [GRAPHICS_FONT:Phoebus_16x16_TextClean.png]
Now V and N look fine thanks
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:03:03 pm by radialmonster »

Yskonyn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: February 18, 2012, 08:01:45 am »

What exactly is the problem with enabling TrueType?
I seem to get much better readable text while seemingly nothing wrong in the world?

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: February 18, 2012, 09:30:37 am »

I liked the TrueType font better. What was the problem with it?
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 140