Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 978904 times)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.25v23] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Improved bamboo & space)
« Reply #1350 on: July 28, 2011, 01:34:16 pm »

Added 3 options 'Text Clear Space', 'Text Space Bright Natural' and 'Text Space Bright Smooth'.

Excuse me, to which configuration file shall I put this, and what is the exact syntax? I want my Clear Space back...
You need to run the DwarfFortressConfig.exe utility, and go in the Tileset Assembler tab.
There you will be able to find those options (and many more.)

Falesh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Darkfall Movies
« Reply #1351 on: August 01, 2011, 03:51:40 pm »

I'm having trouble updating to the latest version of your graphics set when using the LNP. Do you have a folder that would go into the LNP graphics folder so I could update it like that?

jackrabbitslim

• Bay Watcher
  • Erin go Bragh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: August 04, 2011, 10:42:25 pm »

So i just dl'ed the pack, and its pretty awsome. however, I'm not getting any sound. I changed sound:no to yes, and restarted but im still not getting anything. Any ideas of what i could do?
I may be insane but I'm not crazy

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: August 05, 2011, 08:14:39 am »

I'm having trouble updating to the latest version of your graphics set when using the LNP. Do you have a folder that would go into the LNP graphics folder so I could update it like that?
Download the DwarfFortressConfig 0.31.25v23 for LNP.zip patch, and unpack it directly in the root of your LNP install "LazyNewbPack[0.31.25][V9.2]".
Then go in the "Dwarf Fortress 0.32.25" subdirectory and run DwarfFortressConfig.exe to get access to the new stuff.
Also, run the "df_phoebus_init_updater.bat" to update the inits to the latest Phoebus version.

So i just dl'ed the pack, and its pretty awsome. however, I'm not getting any sound. I changed sound:no to yes, and restarted but im still not getting anything. Any ideas of what i could do?
The game has no sounds, only music.
You need to use an external utility called SoundSense to add sound to DwarfFortress.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 08:53:37 am by Phoebus »

Slythe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: August 09, 2011, 09:18:44 pm »

I just updated the set from v6 and the changes look fine except I don't care for the graphic for bones and shells as the background isn't clear so they don't blend naturally with the floor tiles, and I couldn't find any option in the tileset assembler to change it.

Shandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: August 10, 2011, 08:25:47 am »

Slythe: mh, create your own 16x16 base_tiles for them from the desired source and put them with a custom .txt definition in the data/art/tileset assembler folder? If Phoebus hasn't changed too much from the version I last used creating custom tiles for the assembler is a pretty straightforward and easy process.

Slythe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: August 10, 2011, 02:50:42 pm »

Slythe: mh, create your own 16x16 base_tiles for them from the desired source and put them with a custom .txt definition in the data/art/tileset assembler folder? If Phoebus hasn't changed too much from the version I last used creating custom tiles for the assembler is a pretty straightforward and easy process.

Well it might be simple but I've never done anything like it so...

I assume I'd need a decent pic editing utility?  And I'd have to cut out the old bones tile and splice it in the new tileset or something?  *shrug*  I might check it out to see how involved it is.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 02:52:52 pm by Slythe »

Shandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: August 12, 2011, 07:52:39 am »

Slythe: Well, yes a descent pixel art program - but for simplicity, if you have an older tileset where your desired shells/bones are included just cut out (copy&paste) those in their 16x16 (or whatever) matrix they are - save them in the art/tileset folder as custom_name (24bit png with alpha-channel) and add a custom_tilename.txt (tilename should match the name of the png) for each of them... as an example that one here is for my replacement of Zeros/Coffins....
Code: [Select]
[DIM:1:1:16:16]
[TILE:Clear:0:0:To:0:3]
Of course blending with the floor would probably require some editing of the source tile, but that shouldn't be too hard. For the syntax of the tile-definition.... phoebus had posted a short overview somewhere along in this thread together with the first presentation of the assembler.

(And of course your replacement tiles can also just be put in a single png, that would just change the definition file - but then it is all changes or none with the selection of that "mod" within the assembler, so I like to stick to single tiles)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: August 12, 2011, 11:28:44 am »

By using the 'Ground' command, the Tileset Assembler will clear the target tiles, restore the ground textures for those tiles, then overlay the custom textures on top.
So the code to replace the bone/shell tile while keeping the background is:

Code: [Select]
[DIM:1:1:16:16]

[Tile:Ground:0:0:To:13:15]

There's three locations where you can add custom mods to the Tileset Assembler.
{DwarfFortressDirectory}/data/config/TilesetAssembler/
{MyDocumentsDirectory}/DwarfFortress/TilesetAssembler/
{ApplicationDataDirectory}/DwarfFortress/TilesetAssembler/

I suggest the first one.

I've prepackaged 6 alternate bone/shell/remain tiles for you. Unpack directly in your DwarfFortress directory and they will be placed at the correct location automatically.
Custom_Bones.zip @MediaFire
2 from DrD_Avel, 1 from Mayday, 1 from Jackard, 1 from Isenhertz & 1 from Darkond.

Slythe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: August 12, 2011, 03:08:27 pm »

Thanks for all the help!  Everything's working fine.

nauticus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: August 14, 2011, 02:15:23 am »

Is it possible to keep the tiles at the original size while playing at 1024x768??

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: August 14, 2011, 11:09:08 am »

Is it possible to keep the tiles at the original size while playing at 1024x768??
DwarfFortress was originally designed to play at 80x25 tiles. That's very old standard text-based display resolution. It's still used, for example, when you boot up; Before the OS (and it's graphic libraries) is loaded, the text is displayed on that standard 80x25 display resolution.
The game was then modified to allow more tiles per screen, but not less.
80 tiles/screen x 16 pixels/tile = 1280 pixels/screen , that's the minimum.
At 1024 horizontal, you cannot use tiles more than 12.8 pixel wide without them getting scaled down to 12.8 pixel wide.

nauticus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: August 15, 2011, 07:11:07 pm »

DwarfFortress was originally designed to play at 80x25 tiles. That's very old standard text-based display resolution. It's still used, for example, when you boot up; Before the OS (and it's graphic libraries) is loaded, the text is displayed on that standard 80x25 display resolution.
The game was then modified to allow more tiles per screen, but not less.
80 tiles/screen x 16 pixels/tile = 1280 pixels/screen , that's the minimum.
At 1024 horizontal, you cannot use tiles more than 12.8 pixel wide without them getting scaled down to 12.8 pixel wide.
Thanks, now I'm using square ascii tiles on my laptop instead

MalleusManus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: August 16, 2011, 06:16:40 am »

Hello! I am using your excellent tileset on my home PC, but am puzzling how to get it to work on my work Mac so I can DF on the road. Can someone point me in the right direction to getting that working?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: August 16, 2011, 02:26:31 pm »

Hello! I am using your excellent tileset on my home PC, but am puzzling how to get it to work on my work Mac so I can DF on the road. Can someone point me in the right direction to getting that working?
1. Download the Graphic Set Package (not the pre-installed one)
2. Unpack over your OSX DwarfFortress installation. (It should overwrite many files, if it doesn't you did it wrong.)
3. Copy the content of "/{DwarfFortressDirectory}/data/init/phoebus/" into "/{DwarfFortressDirectory}/data/init/"
4. (Optional) Because you can't run the config utility on OSX, copy the custom tileset you created on your PC to your Mac. Location of the generate tileset: "/{DwarfFortressDirectory}/data/art/Phoebus_16x16.png"
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 140