Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 978965 times)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.25v21] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Beefmo units bugfix)
« Reply #1275 on: June 02, 2011, 07:03:17 pm »

Might I suggest a link to my thread so you don't have to run support for my mess? I wouldn't want to drain your efforts away from your own set.
A normal unit pack is not compatible with the utility.
I can still link to your stuff of course, but if you want to directly provide your units for the savegame manager, you could just provide a different download with the stuff located at the right place for the savegame managemer.

Also Phoebus: I had problems trying to zip the graphics raw.zip. Could be because im using winrar to zip(as .zip exension) but the DwarfFortressConfig app doesn't seem to like them when it tries to replace a saved games graphics raws. (No unit graphics tiles are loaded at all). What zip program you using?
I'm using 7zip.
Does your unit graphic option even shows in the list? (if there's no valid version.txt, it will not be listed.)

The raws file needs to be called "raws.zip", no caps. The root of the content of the zip file becomes the graphics directory, so for example, the objects txt files should be in the root.

hi, i ve got a question to your complete pack. i downed it and got a pretty fortress with 150 dwarfs now, and all is giong well, but i ve not encountered any titans or forgotten beasts yet. Does your version exclude them ?

Greetings
My graphic pack only changes the appearance of the game, it should not affect the gameplay in any way.

Thrin

• Bay Watcher
  • [PERMITTED_JOB: GRAPHICS_SURGEON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: June 03, 2011, 04:00:45 am »

A normal unit pack is not compatible with the utility.
I can still link to your stuff of course, but if you want to directly provide your units for the savegame manager, you could just provide a different download with the stuff located at the right place for the savegame manager.

I know, I just meant a link saying "if you're having problems using Beefmo graphics, please post about them here." kind of thing. That way, I'd know when my pack is flawed without having to check here first, and you don't have to worry about fixing my mistakes. After I fix it, I send you a message saying so, and you can add the fix in.

But really that's all up to you. I'm just glad the pack is getting out there.

Also, I think I fixed my crashing issue I had, so feel free to add the new creatures in.

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: June 03, 2011, 08:53:34 am »

OK, I must have been doing something wrong earlier.. I retested a raws.zip compression from winrar again and it seemed to load fine. Im sure I named it and placed it in its proper place originally. I think a modified/broken elfs png sheet was my culprit.

And Thrin, post your updates in your thread(so I dont get someone follow me up with a necro related image when I post :P). I just ended up with alot of free time on my hands and want to attempt to help out with some pixel art and finally learn Toadys raw files :D

Edit: Oops, spoke too soon, the thread has been updated :D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 08:56:06 am by Ethicalfive »
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: June 05, 2011, 04:52:14 pm »

Phoebus, I just wanted to let you know that using 0.31.25 v21 the DwarfFortressConfig.exe works on Vista but under (my install of) XP complains that I lack .NET Framework v4.0.30319.  Once I get that updated I'm pretty sure it will work for me (unlike with the previous error I experienced). :)

Nice work as always. ;D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

duckInferno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: June 06, 2011, 06:15:35 am »

After months of using this set I just want to pop by and say thanks for all the hard work you've done on it, Pheobus.  Your efforts making DF prettier are much appreciated :D
HAHAHA YES MY EXPIDITION LEADER IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER

titus1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: June 08, 2011, 07:23:12 pm »

Hi.
I really appreciate your work. I have a question though: What do all the map symbols represent? I`m seeing golden goblets, wells(I believe those are sites), cabinets, weapon racks, chests, crowns, some red chandeliers, dwarven statues, eagles, and others. Have no idea what does are. I tried going to some but there's nothing there. Is that a texture error in my installation?
Thanks!

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: June 08, 2011, 08:54:21 pm »

Phoebus, I just wanted to let you know that using 0.31.25 v21 the DwarfFortressConfig.exe works on Vista but under (my install of) XP complains that I lack .NET Framework v4.0.30319.  Once I get that updated I'm pretty sure it will work for me (unlike with the previous error I experienced). :)

Nice work as always. ;D
Thanks. And yes, I'm compiling the utility for the .NET v4 framework so anyone wanting to use it will have to install that.
I'm not aware if the exec gives an appropriate warning if the .NET framework is missing.

After months of using this set I just want to pop by and say thanks for all the hard work you've done on it, Pheobus.  Your efforts making DF prettier are much appreciated :D
Thank you! :)

Hi.
I really appreciate your work. I have a question though: What do all the map symbols represent? I`m seeing golden goblets, wells(I believe those are sites), cabinets, weapon racks, chests, crowns, some red chandeliers, dwarven statues, eagles, and others. Have no idea what does are. I tried going to some but there's nothing there. Is that a texture error in my installation?
Thanks!
I do not pick those, they are hardcoded to specific tiles in the tileset, tiles that are also used for important things ingame.

Golden Goblet = Elf Settlements
Wells = Human Fortress
Cabinets = Dark (Goblin) Towers
Dwarven Statues = Dwarven Settlements
Red Chandeliers = Volcano
Weapon Racks = Savanah
Chest = Human Towns (one of many tiles for them)
Crown = Ruins

titus1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: June 09, 2011, 09:25:12 am »

Cool. Thanks.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: June 09, 2011, 02:53:38 pm »

I could have sworn crowns were for capitols too.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: June 12, 2011, 10:34:10 am »

Quote from: Toady
... so it feels like we're definitely at the point where extra tags are going to have to be selected with care if I hope to get this done before the end of the year while also getting regular releases up.
2 months and a half since last release... *pulls his hair out*

Organon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: June 14, 2011, 11:10:11 am »

Hi there, lovely graphics set, enjoying it very much :)

Coming here from this topic, I have one question: Any chance of making a 24x24 version of this? Because for high-resolution displays, 16x16 is awfully small...

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: June 14, 2011, 11:53:13 am »

Coming here from this topic, I have one question: Any chance of making a 24x24 version of this? Because for high-resolution displays, 16x16 is awfully small...
May I suggest: With a higher resolution screen, you'd probably do well to try out Ironhand's Graphics, since those tiles are 18x18. That should at least be an improvement over 16x16. Ironhand's pack requires at least a horizontal resolution of 1440 pixels. (Whereas Phoebus' and Mayday's works well with a horizontal resolution of 1280.)

Keep in mind: The minimum number of horizontal tiles is 80 for the game to zoom right. And so:
You'd actually need a 1920-pixel-wide monitor to be able to use a 24x24 tileset...

Also, Ironhand has already considered making a 24x24 set in the past. Why not post there and ask him nicely? ;D
I'm thinking I might work on the 24x24 tiles in conjunction with my new 18x18 ones.
Maybe someday I'll get a 1920-pixel monitor, or maybe somebody rich would like my set.

Organon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: June 15, 2011, 04:08:24 am »

You'd actually need a 1920-pixel-wide monitor to be able to use a 24x24 tileset...

Also, Ironhand has already considered making a 24x24 set in the past. Why not post there and ask him nicely? ;D
Which I see you already did :)

By the way, according to the Steam Hardware Survey, about thirty percent of the participants now have a horizontal resolution of 1920 pixels. So a potential userbase for 24x24 tilesets definitely exists :)

Shandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: June 16, 2011, 09:58:00 am »

[By the way, according to the Steam Hardware Survey, about thirty percent of the participants now have a horizontal resolution of 1920 pixels. So a potential userbase for 24x24 tilesets definitely exists :)

Well - but I hope 16x16 will stay mainstream for some while - I only have 4/3 displays - and the largest resolution I'm playing on is 1600x1200, but even if it would be more - I like the large area that can be covered with 16x16 and so I think I would only try some larger font if a) the vertical resolution is somewhere in the 1440+ range and if the resolution is truly dividable by the font-matrix (so that would most probably mean 32x32 (damned, so the resolution I'm going to switch would most likely be 3200x2400 or above (somewhere between Extreme HD and Ultra High HD))

Organon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: June 16, 2011, 11:49:40 am »

But you can zoom out! You just can't zoom in (at least not without using STANDARD mode, which only zooms vertically, thereby making the tiles non-square and ugly). So people with huge resolutions and poor eyesight like me are poorly served by 16x16 tilesets, whereas you could still be happy with 24x24 (I think) :)
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 140